cheapmuthafukr

where did your name come from?

from the Simpsons

me flatmate watches Simpsons every night

so i thought i'd call myself Apu cos it was my ambition to own a store like Kwik-Emart

You ever watch that show Mystery Science Theater 3000? I've been watching it since I was like 8 with my dad. He built some of the robots for the original people on the show since they didn't get any of the props when the show ended, he even did some illustration work for their t-shirts / calendars / letter heads.

He's met Mike and Joel and did a movie poster for Joel, once, but I haven't gotten to meet either of them.

Anyway, it's the character tom Servo with 2000 at the end since Servo was taken.

cuz I'm lucky.

canice is actually my real name. and it's in the name dictionary (imagine that).

Back when I signed up for my first message board in 2000, I was thinking of buying an english bulldog that I planned to name Miles. I really just used it at the time so I'd remember the name Miles. Now it's my go-to.

Edit: And sadly, I never got a dog. Still not ready for the commitment.

From the French phrase 'esprit d'escalier,' literally, it means 'the wit of the staircase', and usually refers to the perfect witty response you think up after the conversation or argument is ended. "Esprit d'escalier," she replied. "Esprit d'escalier. The answer you cannot make, the pattern you cannot complete till aterwards it suddenly comes to you when it is too late."

funny, i always thought that translated to "spirit of the staircase"

but my french is very bad/non-existent

love that phrase, though.

first encountered it in Pahlaniuk's THE HAUNTED

actually, i encountered it before, but i know not where

great userid

You ever watch that show Mystery Science Theater 3000? I've been watching it since I was like 8 with my dad. He built some of the robots for the original people on the show since they didn't get any of the props when the show ended, he even did some illustration work for their t-shirts / calendars / letter heads.

He's met Mike and Joel and did a movie poster for Joel, once, but I haven't gotten to meet either of them.

Anyway, it's the character tom Servo with 2000 at the end since Servo was taken.

are you serious!

i'm starstruck right now...

WOW!!!

that's fucking incredible!

seriously, it is a privilege to know you

for reals.

i used to be into the detroit hardcore scene many moons ago. the scene was, unsurprisingly, overrun by white males- there was one band though, Cold As Life, that had a Vietnamese bass player. since we were basically the only two asian kids in the scene, whenever i was at a show he'd make fun of me for being the only asian kid there - tell me to take off my shoes and shit to respect the venue and would give me shout outs like "this one goes out to the motherfucker that's cold as RICE". that's the story.. i used to be sXe too haha. been my handle since i was like 14.

oooooo mail me some wrapped inside coffee grounds buddha .. oooo

My dad has always called me "Superstar" so I guess thats the way it works.

bat was my handle back in the elite aol punting days (remember v2.5?) and I seem to remember getting that from being a member of the aquabats fan club

actually i am a carpenters fan, but thats not the way it works..

thats too original...