where did your name come from?

cheapmuthafukr

i orginally wanted super sang as my hotmail address but someone had it.

so i chose [email protected]

which was nice but putting it on my uni application wasnt my best idea, thinking about it now.

anyway im superdupersang now.

its amy anonymous / junk address, which people from olchfa comp wold know me.

but i doubt anyone from tghere would be on this coz they are all philistines

chicken – O.E. cycen "young fowl," which in M.E. came to mean "young chicken," then any chicken, from W.Gmc. *kiukinam, from base *keuk- (possibly root of cock, of echoic origin) + dim. suffix. Sense of "cowardly" is at least as old as 14c.; the v. meaning "to back down or fail through cowardice" is from 1943, U.S. slang; as a game of danger to test courage, it is first recorded 1953. Chicken hawk "public person who advocates war but who declined significant opportunity to serve in uniform during wartime" is attested from at least 1988, Amer.Eng. Chicken pox (c.1730) may be a disparaging name because of their mildness compared to smallpox. Chicken feed "paltry sum of money" is from 1904. Chickweed (c.1440) was in O.E. cicene mete "chicken food."

Really interesting thread.I kind of wonder how everyone stumbles onto their handle. But anyway...

My last name is Sugatan (ghetto phonetic pronunciation: Soo-gah-tan). Almost everyone I have met throughout life can't pronounce it the first try or remember how to so I've had countless nicknames based upon the first syllable. "Sugie" has been one for a while and for some reason when I moved to Jersey "Sookie" caught on, then "Sook" and finally "Sook-A-Look" a reference from the movie Old School fomr when Will Ferrell calls Snoop Dogg "Snoop-A-Loop."

Most of my closest friends never knew my first name until they asked someone and alot of people I know still don't because I don't go by it outside of my home.

when i used to write, i wrote holo/holoe etc... for sake of length, holoone never worked out cause i didnt like the double oo, etc.... 'tek' cause I like technology; 'or' cause it was slightly more interesting than 'er.'

its been 10 years ive been using it as a screenname/ nom de plume, i like googling it and seeing random shit im associated with.

all my online names derrive from famous songs

Field Commander Cohen - leonard cohen song of the same name

Colonel kurtz (sp?) - apocalypse now

Colonel Forbin's ascent - old phish song

but spelling accident i singed up for an old clan under the name colonel corbin instead of my old nick forbin. well it stuck and for the past years in leetness ive been Corbin

• 5 months later...

I spelled "alex" backwards and then spelled that out phonetically

it was for electronic musics but became a general purpose internet name after

edit: i later found out that "Zelah" is also a town in england and a place in the bible

I inherited my friend's account on indietorrents because invites never went through for me. I used the username on other sites related to the #it community and, when the "evgeny" that I used to use for all of my usernames didn't work here, I went with it.

Guest Chocodove2

i used to really like a certain type of illicit substance, one particular type of which were called chocolate doves. No longer partake in it...but some fine memories.

Oh, and the 2 is because I originally signed up with just Chocodove, but no one ever validated my account. So I had to sign up again.

I was reading Crime and Punishment when I first signed up to online forums years ago. Raskol is part of the main character's name, Raskolnikov. Been using it ever since.

edit: I got repped once cause my name sounds fobbish

My mom's entire family is from Italy and we were all joking about where to go on vactaion one year, and you can pretty much figure the rest out yourself. As for the number when I used it on aol someone had already taken rome so I just added the one and its been there ever since.

When i was younger and much more obsessed with star wars I used one of those star wars name generators and "Yul Jo Hamvo" popped out. I've used yuljo for every screen name/email since. People usually mistake it for yulio since my last name is yule.

Mine is an old nickname my friends gave me because anytime we'd hit the bar I would disappear without a trace for most of the night then reappear suddenly before last call ... sometimes i couldnt even explain where I'd been ... but yeah, its just one of my many nicks

I used to do the same thing, I'm lucky I only blacked out once & learned my lesson

name i came up with when i was 14,15... used it as a handle, then started a small record label and released music under the name Onemancult... i kind of want to copyright the name, i'm that attached to it.

I actually tried to start a business selling skateboard parts & legally (at least in Indiana) reserved the name Twisted Trees as a company name for $15 with the Dept. of Revenue. Although there's some guy on MySpace who has a skate company called TwistedTrees. Can't blame him, just kinda weird. But too bad for him I've got the email addresses & the domain name.

But the name came for my old habit of twisting up trees & wasting my time in a cloud, playing Tetris. But I also thought it was a catchy phrase that could be good for a business....one day maybe.