HWDC2 halftermmeetuplocation poll

beatle

HWDC2 halftermmeetuplocation poll  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Summer 2014 - where do you want it to happen?

• San Francisco
    • New York
    • Tokyo

Just a word on voting, please only vote if you intend to attend the meet. If 25 people vote for SF and I end up working my ass off to raise the money to attend, only to find that 6 people have shown up I will find you, and I will kill you. 

Peace and love,

Mega

I didn't make the competition deadline. Can I still show if it's in NYC? Am I allowed a vote?

I didn't make the competition deadline. Can I still show if it's in NYC? Am I allowed a vote?

Why would you vote on the competition's meet up? 

I'd rather get a vote from someone who's going to be there, but isn't a competitor than from someone who isn't going to be there, but is a competitor (if you get what I mean).

I would like the meet to be in the place where most people would definitely attend to make it fun and worthwhile for all. That is the whole point to having the vote.

Also, just to add that this is the North America meet up, Tokyo is only an option because plenty of North Americans wanted it as an option.

I have not opened this vote on the Asian forums (Darahkubiru, Indigo Roots, MyDenim etc...) as Tokyo would win by a landslide and that would not be fair for the North American competitors.

Edited by Megatron1505

I'd rather get a vote from someone who's going to be there, but isn't a competitor than from someone who isn't going to be there, but is a competitor (if you get what I mean).

I would like the meet to be in the place where most people would definitely attend to make it fun and worthwhile for all. That is the whole point to having the vote.

I get what you mean. Also excuse me if that came off rude, it wasn't my intention but it looked that way when I re-read it.

I probably won't be able to make it during the summer to any of those places. Will be studying in the UK for the next years come September. Any meet ups planned there for the future? Ending in Singapore is awesome but I'll only be back in June/July so probably miss than too dang.

How much longer are we leaving this up to vote, just out of curiosity? It seems as though NY has kept its lead.

ah cool, Pokemon Center, Art Museums, and Saturday NYC here I come!

It's a cool little breakfast cafe, or certainly was when I was there there but it was four years ago. 

From memory, not far from Katz deli - a must for pastrami on rye.

Also, Brooklyn is great for drinking  - if I went back to NY, it'd be Brooklyn rather than the main island. Though we found a superb bar down in the lower East side, but I forget now what it was called, and you know, things change.

edit - I say bar, it was a pub. I do pubs, not bars.

edit 2 - it was McSorleys Old Ale House. 

edit 3 - and now, reading the reviews, it seems shit. Shame, it seemed good then.

Edited by hoggreaser