beatle

What about Jeans Jackets ....

Yes Kyle. I think the TCB in size 38 would be perfect for you! I had a size 38 and it was just a tiny bit narrow and long for me.

Kyle, it's worth considering the Eternal type 2, that has pretty long sleeves.

The Eternal jacket looks great, only problem is that it's very wide in the shoulders. I know classic style denim jackets typically have a pretty boxy fit, but I'm worried that would just look sloppy on me.

Also agree the tcb jacket would be a good choice for you. I'll measure out my size 38 jacket in a few minutes.

Ok here ya go!

shoulders: 42cm

chest: 46.5cm

body length: 65cm

sleeve length: 62.5cm

let me know if you need any other measurements!

and some photos for good measure:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ive had this jacket for like a year, think I bought it off goodrain actually. wish it was a tad boxier sometimes but you can still fit a sweater underneath it if you need to. anyway hope this helps!

edit: got the colors better indoors, but I still barely know what I'm doing

Edited by chicote

Flat Head 6002w size 40 measurements:

Chest: 21.25"

Shoulders: 18.75"

Sleeve: 23.5"

Length: 23.5"

Promise there's no shrink left... definitely a short and boxy jacket though, although it's perfect for me :)

Thanks Ben. It looks like that jacket would be too small for me. I'm looking for something about 25" in the sleeve and jacket length. 

I concur the TCB would work great for you. It's slim and long both in the body and sleeves on most people. Should work like a charm on your body type.

On 12/18/2016 at 7:33 PM, JDelage said:

I just pulled the trigger on a 516XX Sauce Zhan jacket. We'll see how it goes. They're raw, so the fit is hard to gauge from here. I will know more in a few weeks.

Well, the jacket is great but a tad tight in its raw state so I will have to sell it. It's too bad because I love the quality of the product. The arm openings in particular are fairly narrow and I wouldn't feel comfortable layering anything under it. It's a size 42, and the raw measurements are: shoulder 10", length 25 1/4", p2p 22 1/2", waist 21", opening 21", arm length 24 5/8".

The purchase experience with Taobaofocus was very good.

For me the best fitting type one or ww2 out there would be the conners sewing factory s409xxx

I think that if you want a longer denim jacket try and find a different style, taking a short style and lengthening it just looks weird to me, the proportions are off!

Yeah, not a fan of how the SC Type II looks when it's extra long like that. Denim jackets, like most leather jackets, are meant to be short, unless you have an ectomorph body type and need the extra length.

OK, another question... Thanks everyone for contributing, this is a great resource.

What's the difference between the Lee 101-J and the 100-J? There's a black 100-J on Lee Jp that I'm interested about.

JDelage,

I love the Sugar Cane Type II modified from Self Edge. It's my favorite denim jacket of a total of three I've owned.  Soft and comfortable, quick break in, superb fit with enough room in the chest and armholes. The overall length is fine for me. Yes it's longer than the classic Type II but it feels good and looks fine. Quite a bit of shrinkage if you decide to go for it. 

I have a length modified Iron Heart Type 3 from SE and I love it.  The added length (plus blanket lining) makes the jacket actually useful in colder weather.

Self Edge x Iron Heart SEXIH07IIIBK. Need to move somewhere colder so I can wear it more often.

p3EeHDX.jpg

5FfjXmt.jpg

Edited by Broark

I'm not a fan of Oni's in pants form, but god damn does the fabric look good in jacket form! 

49 minutes ago, serotonin flood said:

I want a secret denim jacket

Best not tell everyone then...

On 1/14/2017 at 7:11 PM, JDelage said:

What do people think of the SC modified Type II made for Self-Edge:

http://www.selfedge.com/jackets-vests?product_id=1572

and

http://www.selfedge.com/sugar-cane?product_id=1540

Always liked the SC TypeII but no way they'd fit. I bought both  of these & like them. Really like that they are raw state. A lot of shrink in them . I posted pre & post wash measurements for the indigo in the Sugar Cane thread.

Edited by craneman
gave wrong thread

Question for the fellas that have a Type I or Type II jacket w/ a back buckle, do you have issues with the buckle and/or rivets scratching furniture or car seats? 

It's never been an issue for me, but the buckle on my Levi's type I is pretty subdued.

never had that problem on a stevenson jacket I used to have. the prongs don't protrude beyond the folded denim holding the cinch together as far as i can tell.

Never had a problem either. I suppose when sitting the pressure doesn't come from our lower back but upper and naturally the arse. 

Edited by unders

No Problems with scratching here as well, but I prefer not to have a cinch on my back when I sit.

Got an XL IHSH-76, straight from Japan. I've always liked shirt-jackets, and I think this is the beginning of a long friendship.

IMG_5120.JPG