What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

That is a great pickup Worn75.

Levis type 3, Made in America, Raw Cone selvedge denim.

This is what a solid denim jacket should be.

I say that because the more exotic Japaneae repro's are incredible, but to find a cheap, well made jacket by levis - is a special something.

Post up some fit pictures if you can.

Thanks UkeNo.

That's how I felt. I remember the day I scored it. It felt like Christmas morning when I was a kid.

Brand new at a Levis warehouse sale for like $25. That's a steal in my book.

And I gotta say that I'm pretty stoked so many of my Sufu bros have chimed in and given the thumbs up on this pick-up.

I'll see if I can get some fit pics up some time soon.

@Worn - that's a great jacket. No apologies necessary. Wear it with pride. 

Thanks man! 

It's always cool to get style points from your bros.  B)

How are your DWC Iron Hearts coming along? 

• 3 weeks later...

Tall and skinny-ish here.  I'm slowly hunting for a new denim jacket and need something with a longer torso.  Anyone have suggestions for a quality Type I or II with a longer body (hand warmer pockets would be an added bonus)?  

Haha thanks mate. Just wear it for two years everyday, layer it over an heavier coat during winter, and before you'll even notice it will look like that. TCB 60's fabric fades easier too.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Haha I'll try to take better photos to pump you even more, I've just discovered that my balcony floor kill the white balance colour of my camera somehow. It look much better in real life than it does on those pics.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Here is my hybrid Typ I & III jacket in 14oz denim ... still feals stiff and like armor but develops some first fades and great honey combs.

No wash no soak!

Purchased Feb 2015 and was worn on / off since then.

8m413ab.jpg

OY9KwxY.jpg

Edited by overdRAWn

This is one of my SDA jackets (D4187 that I bought a couple of seasons back but didn't get around to wear much - it's now slated for this winter as my DWC Denim Tuxedo...

image.jpg1_zpsl1dwbiyk.jpg

image.jpg2_zps8r0pdqt8.jpg

image.jpg4_zpskuwdqaau.jpg

BTW: SDA is planning a new release for this winter in their pre-order section...

While on the topic of jackets - A couple of weeks ago I managed to score another size of Samurai's S0222XJ...

image.jpg2_zpsmxaopvhk.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsmyanmsqp.jpg

image.jpg3_zpssnaytvpf.jpg

My first jacket got highjacked by the wife...

0a10631b0a3c7d3bb0b5bba8becbbb4f_zps0506

Hey guys I have a question. I have the 3sixteen type 3, and I love the fit except for a couple things. First and foremost: the armpits are too tight. If I wear the jacket for a couple days in a row, the armpit of the jacket pushes into my actual armpit, and rubs and rubs and rubs, and gives me a rash. What measurement should I look for in my next jacket to get this fixed? Should the chest/pit-to-pit be bigger or something? I most likely wont be able to try on my next jacket so I need to know before ordering. Or maybe something a little less slim fitting and that's it? I know the 3sixteen arms are pretty tight. Also, and this is less of a complaint, but I would like something a little longer. I have a pretty darn long torso. What would you guys recommend? I am looking for a black, or even more preferable, over-dyed black jacket.  

Go for the Self Edge x Iron Heart overdyed type III, you won't regret it.

I got one last fall and still love it. Can't wait until it's cool enough to wear again.

I might give it a soak or wash soon before it cools down, or I might just wait and wear it some more before a wash.

Or maybe something a little less slim fitting and that's it? I know the 3sixteen arms are pretty tight. Also, and this is less of a complaint, but I would like something a little longer. I have a pretty darn long torso. What would you guys recommend? I am looking for a black, or even more preferable, over-dyed black jacket.  

Are you sure you have a long torso instead of just not liking the look of a denim jacket? They are supposed to be short, the 3sixteen one is long as fuck too. denim jackets shouldn't fit like an overcoat imo. 

the armpit thing is hard, maybe next time ask for the diameter of the pit haha

Are you sure you have a long torso instead of just not liking the look of a denim jacket? They are supposed to be short, the 3sixteen one is long as fuck too. denim jackets shouldn't fit like an overcoat imo. 

the armpit thing is hard, maybe next time ask for the diameter of the pit haha

Its probably a combo of both. I am 6'2"-6'3" and my torso is long, but I guess I would like something a little longer. Maybe I should get something like http://www.selfedge.com/shirts?product_id=1440or some type of heavy work shirt, and use it kinda like a jacket. 

and to boark, that over dyed jacket is amazing, but I can't spend that much

Its probably a combo of both. I am 6'2"-6'3" and my torso is long, but I guess I would like something a little longer. Maybe I should get something like http://www.selfedge.com/shirts?product_id=1440or some type of heavy work shirt, and use it kinda like a jacket. 

A lot of people who have bought that 17oz overdyed shirt have bought it to wear as a jacket. it's definitely longer than the 3sixteen type3s jacket. 

Self Edge has collab type 3's that are "extended" meaning it basically adds some length to the torso.  My SEXIH18 jacket is the extended version and I love it.  I'm not a huge fan of denim jackets being above or just at the belt line so its perfect for my taste.  I also wear it as my winter jacket.  Throw a TSG hoodie underneath it and I've worn it at 0F.

• 2 weeks later...