What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Shit beatle that looks great on you. When I wear mine, its super duper tight, with the cuffs running up to my elbows with the seams ready to burst. Then again, I'm a pretty beefy dude, (love to eat steak) usually wear a size 44. I'll post some picks if I ever get my camera to work again.

Just found this. Not sure if it's been posted.

main-s.jpg

sub2-s.jpg

Half Levi's style, half Lee. One could wear it with the matching jeans for a Texas Tuxedo, Two-face style.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.yumetenpo.jp%2Fgoods%2Fd%2Fpants-shop-avenue.com%2Fg%2FSdD4157%2Findex.shtml&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Damn, those samurai's are nice. The non-limited edition ones look nice also, but as always $$$.

How are the APC denim jackets though? Never owned a denim jacket, but I'm interested in picking one up soon. Do they (raw ones) shrink/change in size from wash to wash like raw jeans? (Or in APCs case, stretch :P)

...I'd also like to know the answer to this question...

...I'd also like to know the answer to this question...

ive had an a.p.c denim jacket that ive worn off and on for years (see earlier post in this thread)

i dont remember it shrinking or stretching to any great degree, although it was years before i washed it. i always dry cleaned it, thats what i understood at the time would keep it the darkest the longest.

from what i can tell, the denim is the probaly the same as what they are using these days. which, in my opinion, is not the greatest quality. not bad, but theres better...

a decent jacket, but i would be tempted to spend a little more and get a japanese repro. or dig up an older LVC repro, a type 2 or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of my jackets...

LVC S506 & 507 (may sell the S506 soon- if anyone wants to make an offer...)

68mhwlg.jpg

4mmzpe8.jpg

My absolute favourite denim jacket. Never seen a drop of water and never will ...Sugarcane wrangler 11MJ. Also pictured a recently purchased 1937 lee cowboy

4t9pcn8.jpg

632422b.jpg

img1008931841.jpeg

not my pic, but i found one of these over the weekend at a thrift store for 8$ mine is much darker... looks barely worn. still has that new denim sheen to it.... and the buttons are oxidised to a yellow-green color. crazy thing is it fits perfectly.

oh... its a JC Pennys Foremost... yellow line selvage from the 60s.

img1008931841.jpeg

not my pic, but i found one of these over the weekend at a thrift store for 8$ mine is much darker... looks barely worn. still has that new denim sheen to it.... and the buttons are oxidised to a yellow-green color. crazy thing is it fits perfectly.

oh... its a JC Pennys Foremost... yellow line selvage from the 60s.

Post pics of urs with the fit!!

Ah..there it is...gorgeous ..love the details around the pocket - nice that you can put your hands in - and the similarities to a 2nd type jacket make this one all the more appealing...

Not to talk about the price....

and it fits better than a type 3...its boxier, but slim throughout, unlike most type 3 that are tight at the waist and a bit baggy under the armpits

mine almost looks raw too.... and the oxidised buttons stand out beautifully... they are about the same color as the arcuates on LVC 47s