What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

The Lee 101J is pretty slim, too. It also isn't as flashy as the Nudie jackets. Oh, and if you want a denim jacket that's not on the lighter side, look into blanket lined Storm Rider jackets ;) But seriously, aren't all denim jacket usually on the lighter side? When the weather gets rough it's basically a layering piece, not something you wear on it's own during severe weather.

Ande Whall's jackets look to be pretty slim, though I haven't tried one on. They also have a more modern design than many of thre Japanese brands so you may prefer it to these if you like the look of the nudie.

Had a look, and the wolf seemed to be closest to what I'm looking for. It has 22" p2p though, at a small!

The Lee 101J is pretty slim, too. It also isn't as flashy as the Nudie jackets. Oh, and if you want a denim jacket that's not on the lighter side, look into blanket lined Storm Rider jackets ;) But seriously, aren't all denim jacket usually on the lighter side? When the weather gets rough it's basically a layering piece, not something you wear on it's own during severe weather.

The Lee 101J looks ok. I don't think I can explain why, but Lee products generally doesn't really tick any of m boxes. I think it might be because of look of the pockets. Maybe if I could try one in person i'd be convinced.

The nudie perry isn't actually as conspicuous as nudies other products. It doesn't have their carateristic embroidery on the back. This is mainly the reason it interests me.

Okay, maybe 13.5 isnt that low afterall. I guess I'll have to track one down and try. It shouldn't be too hard around here.

Follow up question: How do you size/wear your jackets? Big enough to fit a sweater/hoodie underneath, or just t-shirt?

Still, advice on other slim fitting jackets is ofcoure welcome!

Isn't the type 3-jackets generally pretty slim? From there you have loads of brands and denim to choose from. Up too Samurais 25oz:er.

I bought mine big enough to fit a hoodie underneath. Still looks good with just a t-shirt though since you don't button it up.

A lot of the Japanese companies make slim jackets. My Flat Head type II is definetly pretty slim. As far as sizing... if you want to rock it with a hoodie get a larger size, if you want the t-shirt and very slim look go small. Honestly it's just how you like to style up your denim jacket.

In my opinion that Nudie jacket is loud as hell, I personally like the more classic style of a type II or type III. +1 to Bobbo, you can go from there and get whatever weight you like. I think Iron Heart and Samurai make some of the heaviest that I'm aware of.

A lot of the Japanese companies make slim jackets. My Flat Head type II is definetly pretty slim. As far as sizing... if you want to rock it with a hoodie get a larger size, if you want the t-shirt and very slim look go small. Honestly it's just how you like to style up your denim jacket.

In my opinion that Nudie jacket is loud as hell, I personally like the more classic style of a type II or type III. +1 to Bobbo, you can go from there and get whatever weight you like. I think Iron Heart and Samurai make some of the heaviest that I'm aware of.

Out of curiosity, in what way do you consider the nudie "loud as hell"? Is it the stitching?

The lighting is pretty bright in the picture above, which might contribute.

nudie's orange stitching contrasts a lot more with the darker denim which i think can make the jacket a little more flashy and loud. 

13.5 oz isn't that light but if you want heavier, the Self Edge X Iron Heart's type III jackets are heavier and can be on the slim side too. 

Edited by youngofthesoonest

The Lee 101J looks ok. I don't think I can explain why, but Lee products generally doesn't really tick any of m boxes. I think it might be because of look of the pockets. Maybe if I could try one in person i'd be convinced.

The nudie perry isn't actually as conspicuous as nudies other products. It doesn't have their carateristic embroidery on the back. This is mainly the reason it interests me.

Okay, maybe 13.5 isnt that low afterall. I guess I'll have to track one down and try. It shouldn't be too hard around here.

Follow up question: How do you size/wear your jackets? Big enough to fit a sweater/hoodie underneath, or just t-shirt?

Still, advice on other slim fitting jackets is ofcoure welcome!

Apologies if you're already across these but I just finished an exhaustive search for a denim jacket and came across ones listed below along the way. I also looked at the Perry, but when I tried it on wasn't into how the vertical length seems unusually shorter in the back then in the front, wasn't my jam. I wound up grabbing the PBJ, its pretty amazing.

Pure Blue Japan Type II

http://www.corlection.com/2014/04/pbj-13oz-double-indigo-type-2-denim.html

Railcar Fine Goods

http://www.railcarfinegoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RMJKDEUCEX012

Tellason 16.5oz and 14.5oz models (email them and they'll send you size measurements)

http://www.tellason.com/index.php/all/jean-jacket-523.html

http://www.tellason.com/index.php/all/jean-jacket.html

Rogue Territory Supply Jacket (apparently restocked in the September-ish)

http://www.rogueterritory.com/shop/supply-jacket-indigo/

Don't know what you thought of the Ande Whall Grizzly, but I've got a brand new size small for sale. If you're interested and into that fit/weight pm me.

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/product/grizzly-13oz-original

Other ones that might be worth looking at are the Momotaro going to battle jacket or the copper label jacket. Like Vulvan mentioned the Flat Head 6002 is pretty slim but the vertical length will be shorter than a type III. Hard to tell on the Iron Heart 526J and 526L as I have never seen in person but could fit slim depending how you size. Overall I feel like a lot that goes into a jacket feeling slim cut is how baggy the arms are, but thats just me.

I promise to get myself a new denim jacket this year.  I picked up a Levis commuter jacket and I have to say, it is one of the best purchases I ever made.  I got the original version.  The design isn't the best, so I see why they made some changes, but the fact that it's waterproof has ben so valuable in western Europe.  I've had it for a few years now, but this year I want a genuine selvedge denim jacket.  Im moving back to the states and I won't have to deal with walking in the rain so much.  I've always been partial to Mr. Freedom, but Im still looking.

Sorry for spamming, but I came across this RMC type 3, which looks pretty good. Seems like a slim fitting jacket. However, the measurements I'm finding vary significantly.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vintage/item/mj12035/

and

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=11481&category_id=2&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Anyone who has it and can advice which measurements to go by?

EDIT: Guess it's a pointless question. Seems all sold out. Damn

Edited by johanhej

Speaking of a slim type 3 - PBJ 6166

First day of vacation on Corfu, heading over to Paxos - a mild and sunny spring day...

fd5908f53e0b30117e0a6ad904b266d3_zps3a93

More pics over in the PBJ thread...

@slowitchu - nice pick up. i've admired this one for a while now, but who needs two jackets when they take so long to wear in? i'd be ditching that patch on the back though, really throws off the whole aesthetic.

Edited by okisan

real quick question folks.. does anyone know if the cheap Levis type III lookin jacket they have on their website shrinks at all? Or is it sanforized. I've thought about picking one up. ~$80 i think?

rockon99 - The standard line Levi's will be sanforized. That being said, a little shrink can still occur with a warm wash and tumble dry.

^ Fit pic when you get a chance.  I considered this jacket but wasn't sure about leather patch location.

I will!

@slowitchu - nice pick up. i've admired this one for a while now, but who needs two jackets when they take so long to wear in? i'd be ditching that patch on the back though, really throws off the whole aesthetic.

Thanks, I've actually not thought about the patch location like that before. The patch itself is lovely, but I understand what you mean that it can throw it off a bit.

That jacket looks awesome! 

Thank you!

Got my Old Blue Type I jacket the other day, 16oz black denim with pink selvage. I like it it a lot and am really happy about the fit too.

GejhOym.jpg

gZN1WuX.jpg

hUyYeJe.jpg

BJUObb7.jpg

LOVE this jacket!! A fresh take on the type II, but wish they made an indigo version. Where did you order from?

Edited by bklounge