What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

BiG has an interesting sounding denim jacket from Samurai on their site for sale but no pics and not in my size:

Samurai Wabash Stripe Jelt Denim Jacket

Original Ninja throwing star Wabash print

10oz Samurai Original Japanese selvage Jelt denim

Original Embossed Detachable Buttons

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=5187&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

sounds fucking crazy, would love to see it.

Not sure about making a new thread, so I thought I'd stick it here.

Recently purchased a new jacket from Cultizm. Lee Storm Rider Dry Worn. Half price, so I got it for about $120AUD. It's too bad Cultizm doesn't actually show the lining because...

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

It didn't have the blanket lining that I thought it would have. Apparently the one made in Poland only has a nylon (or acetate) quilt pattern lining and not the blanket one I expected in a MIJ Lee. Now, considering I'd have to pay $56 dollars to return it, I'd only get half my money back. So I decided to keep it. I'm sure this came up somewhere on the Leepro thread, but I didn't think to look because I just assumed all Lee repro storm riders would have that blanket lining. So after searching the web for a solution, I decided to cut and sew my own lining in there (because a tailor would have charged me about $100AUD plus materials).

Btw, I have only a rudimentary idea of sewing. I know how to work a machine from looking at youtube videos. I've never had a sewing lesson.

I scored some rayon blanket-like fleece at my local Spotlight for about 10 a metre.

IMG_0727.jpg

Then I set about figuring out how to cut a pattern for the lining without actually removing the lining. I did this for several reasons:

1) The fleece is not that thick and the lining inside was also not thick. Together, it actually makes a decent lining.

2) If I change my mind, I can always remove the blanket lining. If I remove the nylon lining, there's no turning back.

So I turn the jacket inside out and start measuring.

IMG_0751.jpg

I make a LOT of measurements:

IMG_0752.jpg

Then I cut my patterns out of newspaper. Place the newspaper into the jacket to see if it's alright size wise (sorry no pics of this. Forgot to take some). Btw, this part took FOREVER. I must have gone through about 50 pages of newspaper. Then cut my patterns out of the fabric.

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

I then proceed to bast stitch it inside the jacket to see how it works. I lined up the fabric with the black strips horizontal (like I've seen on most storm riders). It works pretty well. Now all I need to do is hem the edges of the fabric and slip stitch it onto the inside denim. I'm going to attempt that next week (no abundance of free time for me I'm afraid. It's called work). All this alone basically took about 6 hours of my day off. Still it looks pretty good, and it's definitely warmer now. More photos and fit pics on completion.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

And... completed.

bast stitches removed and edges hemmed

IMG_0757.jpg

Then pinned to the jacket. Tried to see if I can manage to make the washing tag stick out.

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

Then stitched onto the inner lining by hand with every third stitch or so through the denim itself to give it extra strength. I used a navy blue thread that doesn't show on the exterior.

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

And there you have it. :)

Fit pics later.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a 1970s 519 jacket made from bedford cord, they made these for 1 season in 2007, big E black and gold tab... and currently for sale here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300441580774&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

heres some pics...

089.jpg

093.jpg

this one is a very rare test pressing for a limited edition LVC jacket (the drome rider jacket!) it is awesome but i will probably be putting this on ebay in the next couple of months! im trying to thin out my LVC collection, i have a nasty habit of buying loads of LVC stuff and i have just ordered som samurai S0510X24L's that i have to pay for!!!;-)

077.jpg

081.jpg

078.jpg

xpost from the evisu thread.

Hey guys, here's some pics of my euro No.1 Special Jacket. size xxxl...wasn't sure what size i wore when i bought it, but I read they ran small and got it off the bay in the size available, it shrunk a lot, and will proly shrink more. size worked out ok for me i think. the denim is really nice and I think will wear in beautifully.

_MJS4312.jpg

_MJS4310.jpg

lined pocket bags

_MJS4296.jpg

_MJS4294.jpg

_MJS4298.jpg

nice hardware

_MJS4299.jpg

_MJS4300.jpg

_MJS4301.jpg

Which version is the 101J? THe Lee Originals? Whatever it is, it's fantastic; so purposeful and plain, the black buttons really suit. It doesn't get any better than this.

I have a couple vintage originals but I think i like yours better.

Thanks for your compliment Paul, I believe it is from the Lee Originals... it's definitely not a vintage piece.. I am glad I sized it right..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my girlfriend was getting rid of a pair of her Levis skinny jeans. they had an orange tab as it was a remake of the 1966 skinny. i recently picked up a rigid standard trucker from Century 21 for $30, so i decided to replace the red tab with the orange one.

DSCN0402.jpg

inside the pocket i found a bunch of thread that was fraying off so i decided to carefully salvage it to use to sew the tab in.

DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

i have a stitch ripper so it was really easy to remove the orange tab from her jeans as well as remove the tab from my jacket.

DSCN0417.jpg

i started at the bottom of the flap on the outside to secure the tab first. i used a stitch my mom showed me before to repair the thread on pocket bags but i forget what she called it. i would go underneath first then bring it back twice to get the stitch to become visible. then skip ahead a stitch and go back twice again. this way all of the dirty work is on the underside of the flap while the top side almost looks normal.

DSCN0434.jpg

i didn't do the best job but this is still one of my first few times sewing. i think this subtle detail makes this $30 jacket lot a whole lot better.

DSCN0437.jpg