What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

^Here are a few ideas:

1) Your friend might try contacting Lee jeans (or Lee Euro, as the case may be). I've never done that with a denim piece, but I've ordered replacement buttons from manufacturers for other vintage pieces and with great results -- they usually send them at no cost.

2) Try eBay. Find a shitty old Lee Rider and take one of the buttons from that -- however, riveted buttons might be a tough one to carefully remove and replace but I'm sure a cobbler or tailor could do the work.

3) Remove/replace the top button and move it to the missing spot -- again, might be tricky but a good cobbler should be able to work something.

I think he actually does some contract work for Lee EU as a graphic artist.

Just picked this up at a flea market for $90..

_IGP3052.jpg

_IGP3054.jpg

_IGP3055.jpg

I'm guessing it's from the 50's... if you got any info, i'd love to hear it

It looks like the collar was replaced at some point. It looks a lot more blue than the rest of the jacket. All of the collars on my denim jackets get a nice fade around the roll in the back.

Selling this size 40 LVC Japan Type 2 jacket, 100 Shipped. I think it's from the 90s.

Soaked once, then soaked again after two months. I didn't wear it much, only on short bike rides to work. I haven't worn it since the second soak.

IMG_3404-1.jpg?t=1272057133

IMG_3383.jpg?t=1272057154

IMG_3384.jpg?t=1272057187

IMG_3386.jpg?t=1272057218

IMG_3387.jpg?t=1272057237

IMG_3388.jpg?t=1272057260

IMG_3389.jpg?t=1272057278

IMG_3391.jpg?t=1272057298

IMG_3393.jpg?t=1272057316

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this Wrangler 11MJ (1947 model) off this internet yesterday. It`s a vintage denim replica made by Edwin Japan and cost me about 25,000 yen. It`s maybe a little too big for me and moreover I`m not sure I like it now it has arrived. Should I stick or twist: I have about one week in which to return it to the shop. Thanks very much.

img55487784.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I know its sanforized - 1% shrink is the claim - but I have just discovered on the shop website that it should drop one size from 42 to 40 after a wash. In fact something similar happened to a pair of Wrangler jeans I had a few years ago and they ended up too small after one wash. This was probably in the back of my mind when I opted for the larger size. Anyway, I can take a chance on the first soak solving the size issue. But I think I more concerned about the colour and style. I like a deep indigo and my jacket, although still a dark denim, turned up a shade or two lighter than the colour you see in the pic I posted from the shop. And I am wondering whether I should have gone for another model, the 11MJZ (1957 I think). Here`s a pic

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/upload/save_image/02112057_4b73f0c2f401b.jpg

As you can see its a Wrangler again and a very nice jacket too. It`s by Real McCoys and also more expensive. Thanks very much.

thats also a beautiful jacket. the problem we all have here is that there are to many nice things to buy, and its tough to decide. i think no one could decide it for you. there is also a thread, its called this or that or something like that.

any info on this one? (as far as denim goes) http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3964307&clickid=cart

should have gotten the non lvc STF type 3 when it was available, slept on it :(

just want a cheap raw jacket, any other suggestions? <$200

That one looks too long for a type 3 to my eye... maybe it's just the photos, but my jackets are shorter than that one.

I did pick up a vintage Lee jacket this weekend that's too small for me, but I know someone here could wear it...

I"ll post pics later.

^im trying to buy that same jacket! whered u get it! how much!?

came out to like 370 usd with taxes and shipping...

got it from ratuken....

I like it because its a little longer than most raw jean jackets from japan... most of them seem to be short so that you usually have to tuck in your shirt or it looks akward