What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

8 hours ago, swiss-jeansfreak said:

Wow what an awesome looking vintage 70-ies Lee sherpa lined denim jacket. 

It should be named Stormrider as well. 

Isn't it dtazed on the inside patch? Can you send me a pic of this label?

and I can't wait to see your other Stormrider update including the label as well

It's definitely a Storm Rider. But I don't know the name of this variant, as opposed to the typical ones that are built on the shorter "trucker" design.

I don't remember the tags having a date. There is a lot number (220-0241), but I wonder what Lee's name for the jacket was. For example, my dead stock '70's Levi's jacket has the lot number 70505-0217, but the front pocket tag lists name of the jacket: "Fitted Jacket."

There is at least one variant of this jacket style, which features a narrower, more "normal" looking collar.

IIRC, I have also seen this cut in dark brown.

For @swiss-jeansfreak:

IMG_5111.thumb.JPG.745b289bac7f6a5a0f6f1aa554167df6.JPG

Each tag is made from a different type of coated woven material, not paper. The lot number is 220-0241.

...and a couple of quick teaser shots of my more typical style NWOT Storm Rider (lot number 220-0141):

IMG_5113.thumb.JPG.4d6aa8e69e88c8340304ed0ead7016b7.JPG 

This one has a glossy paper materials tag and a woven care tag (no wool in this blanket lining):

IMG_5115.thumb.JPG.4e5be9408ec55a214d75cd7d2c0511e7.JPG

I suspect that either or both of these, but especially the long one, could actually be very early '80's, before the '80's mods that Lee made to their jackets. I'm not sure, though, as there is not a whole ton of detailed Lee identification info that I've found online. One can quickly find out nearly anything about Levi's, but Lee and Wrangler info is more scarce. My instincts say the the short jacket is probably early '70's, while the long jacket is probably late '70's.

Edited by 428CJ

Honestly, @swiss-jeansfreak, I think I prefer it with the button missing at this point. Not sure if it's visible in the photo, but I swap my eyeglasses for sunglasses in and out of that pocket constantly, so not much need to keep it buttoned. 

Thank you, @Bobbo, both for the comment on the jacket and the well wishes. The first accident where I lost the button was much worse than the second. I injured my chest and shoulder and was off the bike for about 3-4 weeks. The second I managed with alarming grace. Got doored by a cab, but landed on my feet, bike three feet behind me, then gently rolled down to my knees. Didn't even scuff my hands. I take it as my one get-out-of-jail-free card. Hopefully I won't have another accident any time soon.

25 minutes ago, Jared_Lee said:

Honestly, @swiss-jeansfreak, I think I prefer it with the button missing at this point. Not sure if it's visible in the photo, but I swap my eyeglasses for sunglasses in and out of that pocket constantly, so not much need to keep it buttoned. 

Thank you, @Bobbo, both for the comment on the jacket and the well wishes. The first accident where I lost the button was much worse than the second. I injured my chest and shoulder and was off the bike for about 3-4 weeks. The second I managed with alarming grace. Got doored by a cab, but landed on my feet, bike three feet behind me, then gently rolled down to my knees. Didn't even scuff my hands. I take it as my one get-out-of-jail-free card. Hopefully I won't have another accident any time soon.

Ah ok, of course I would leave it without button then, if it's for better functionality for you

On 23.12.2017 at 9:27 PM, 428CJ said:

For @swiss-jeansfreak:

Each tag is made from a different type of coated woven material, not paper. The lot number is 220-0241.

...and a couple of quick teaser shots of my more typical style NWOT Storm Rider (lot number 220-0141):

This one has a glossy paper materials tag and a woven care tag (no wool in this blanket lining):

I suspect that either or both of these, but especially the long one, could actually be very early '80's, before the early '80's mods that Lee made to their jackets. I'm not sure, though, as there is not a whole ton of detailed Lee identification info that I've found online. One can quickly find out nearly anything about Levi's, but Lee and Wrangler info is more scarce. My instincts say the the short jacket is probably early '70's, while the long jacket is probably late '70's.

Thanks for the excellent detail pics.

Both jackets are almost the same age, because both are Made in USA so after 1975 (before it was Union Made, and before 1969 it was 101-LJ for the regular StromRider ).

And both are the 220 Lot series so I guess both of them at end 70-ies or very early 80-ies but for sure before 1986, when they added 2 side pockets.

And it's true, almost no detail infos on the internet.

I'm out in the mountains but I could check back some more details in some books about the different time periods of the patches.

And your never washed Lee Storm Rider denim jacket is really fantastic.

I would be more then happy to own such a beauty!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JDelage said:

Does anyone know of a quality sherpa denim jacket...?

I really dig this jacket. Whale cord on the outside and sherpa on the inside. Doesn't get much better than this imo

SC1.PNG

edit: well, it's not denim but still a nice jacket

Edited by Outdoorsman

On 9.1.2018 at 9:27 AM, Outdoorsman said:

I really dig this jacket. Whale cord on the outside and sherpa on the inside. Doesn't get much better than this imo

And I really love your hardest core broken in jeans seen here and would love to see them in real some day

On 1/8/2018 at 8:50 PM, JDelage said:

Does anyone know of a quality sherpa denim jacket...?

I would go dead stock '70's–'90's, myself: Levi's, Lee, or Wrangler. You'll probably pay less than a new sherpa jacket from a "boutique" brand, and perhaps even get a better made jacket while you're at it.

Be aware that there are some cool sherpa jackets that were not made of denim. I love my '70's or early '80's Wrangler sherpa lined JL301, which is made of brushed cotton twill, and doesn't have any sherpa material on the collar (my preference, as it's less showy/more classy IMO). I got it true dead stock, with original tags, for about $50 shipped, on E-Bay. I clipped the ears of the giant late '70's collar, and proceeded to start wearing it as if it was new. Also, if you're into the style of '70's Wrangler jackets, make sure to search for Maverick brand jackets as well. They're the same maker, same basic thing, but usually cheaper (think buying the Plymouth version of a car instead of the Dodge version).

Edited by 428CJ
added second paragraph

23 hours ago, swiss-jeansfreak said:

And I really love your hardest core broken in jeans seen here and would love to see them in real some day

Yeah I know and you got me ha ha, I was just too fast answering your post with those hardest core faded jeans.

• 4 weeks later...

@cottonskinblues I have no idea how many actual washes. I wash it every month or so from fall through spring. It's had at least 20, I would guess. All different detergents, laundromat machines on "Colors" setting, tumble dry on "Medium" heat. It was OW from Burgus. Proof that you don't need to buy raw to get great wear from denim. Just live in it, wear it like it's skin, wash it when it needs it like anything else. The manufacturer and fabric took care of the hard part for me.

Vintage Levis Orange tab, vintage Lee, vintage Lee, vintage Levis Big E and my dog.

IMG_2646.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9 January 2018 at 7:27 PM, Outdoorsman said:

SC1.PNG

I have a denim jacket but I just don't find it kunfy particularly if I'm only wearing a tee underneath and was thinking of getting a cord or duck trucker . I love this blue cord , it looks good on you're frame .

im bummed no one here stocks anything like that , even Levis don't stock Sherpa here .

ok edit , I see someone mentioned it's a model , of cause it looks good on them .

can someone name the jacket / store , thanks .

Edited by splash pitman

Godspeed are in Melbourne and have a bunch of denim and denim style jackets in different cloths.

The Rats type 3 suede jacket is awesome - https://www.godspeedstore.com/collections/jackets

There's also Corlection, Pick n Parry, Lieutenant and Co., and that's just Melbourne. RHD in Adelaide, Blueworks in NSW have a sale on now too - https://blueworkstore.com/collections/on-sale?page=1

On 6/14/2018 at 2:06 AM, splash pitman said:

I have a denim jacket but I just don't find it kunfy particularly if I'm only wearing a tee underneath and was thinking of getting a cord or duck trucker . I love this blue cord , it looks good on you're frame .

im bummed no one here stocks anything like that , even Levis don't stock Sherpa here .

ok edit , I see someone mentioned it's a model , of cause it looks good on them .

can someone name the jacket / store , thanks .

It's Self Edge, I dunno the model of jacket.

Thanks Jake , I found it not long after posting and am going in another direction .

My Edwin made Lee 101j worn a handful of times. No wash. , worn a 

My Wrangler Blue Bell, worn 3 or 4 times. Will be getting a lot of wear this summer.

IMG_6187.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6188.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

IMG_6192.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

Edited by VDC

3 hours ago, VDC said:

My Edwin made Lee 101j worn a handful of times. No wash.IMG_6184.thumb.jpg.0c570769c85eecaf786c3d842e82fecf.jpgIMG_6183.thumb.jpg.41763de97d566e51dd1385ea2e8bf10f.jpg , worn a IMG_6182.thumb.jpg.02aadf089ef315260a53e45c967dba2c.jpgIMG_6185.thumb.jpg.5d1842a29e10b922cc5033fdc2b309d9.jpg

Can you post pics from your Lee denim jacket again?

No pics available anymore

And your Wrangler denim jacket is soooo beautiful.

Where did you get it?

3 hours ago, swiss-jeansfreak said:

Can you post pics from your Lee denim jacket again?

No pics available anymore

And your Wrangler denim jacket is soooo beautiful.

Where did you get it?

The Wrangler jacket, I believe I got in Tokyo years ago. Don't really remember what store.

• 2 months later...

Great denim evo on this 3sixteen denim jacket joe_poww

Ande Whall's take on the type 2...ok it's a pretty loose take and not to everyone's taste but I love it. 

This is pretty well worn in after about three years. Lots of life left but I will start to think about what to replace it with at some point soonish. Welcome to suggestions...

Whall jacket resize.jpg

Edited by The Clerk