What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Yes nice jacket Bartlebyyphonics. Post called it Japanese indigo swirl but not sure if there is a more historical name for it. Last week I had to reluctantly sell a Royal Traveller vest in the same fabric as it was just too big. The fabric is very fetching.

20 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Yes nice jacket Bartlebyyphonics. Post called it Japanese indigo swirl but not sure if there is a more historical name for it. Last week I had to reluctantly sell a Royal Traveller vest in the same fabric as it was just too big. The fabric is very fetching.

of course, yes! memory had failed. 

the royal traveller vest is def. on the list - watching out for one in the right fabric; needs a bit of structure but not too much. really like the design of them. you were wearing one with tcb 20s some while back? broadcloth?

Yeah it's the navy broadcloth from this summer. It was a size down from my indigo swirl version but (even accounting for that) is a trimmer fit. I've found that the Traveller vest sizing varies depending on the year made. I've returned a few over the years but stuck with them doggedly as I also like the design and the fact they can serve warm weather over a shirt or tee or winter under a jacket. Happy hunting.

Edited by MJF9

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome superfreekick and rock the great looking denim jacket the hardcore way for ever

Cross-post from small questions - looking for any info on this type-III based on the labels.  Not sure if it is LVC, mainline Levis, Made and Crafted, etc....  I really have no idea..  All I know is what is on the tags shown and the denim is not selvedge. 

leviIMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5760_(2).jpg

levis2unnamed.jpg

LLLunnamed.jpg

Samurai S552XX 21oz type 2 on double denim tour in the glorious North East of Britain with the little fella in complimentary tux!

Lindisfarne (Holy Island) + S710XX, RMC M65, sheepskin hat, The Hillside camo scarf, Viberg

Bamburgh Castle + S710XX, The Hillside wabash scarf, Viberg

Newcastle castle approach + TCB 20s, Stetson, Viberg

Local park + Roy SF01, RMC sweat, converse

2017-10-29 14.25.07.jpg

2017-10-29 14.24.18.jpg

2017-10-29 14.22.03.jpg

2017-10-29 14.22.42.jpg

2017-10-29 14.20.53.jpg

2017-10-29 14.08.25.jpg

Levis Big E, Flat Eric chainstitch and chenille embroidery.  Along with a Flat Eric enamel pin.FlatEricFront.thumb.jpg.6be992f2a0a8bcecf130a60c6d8f245c.jpgFlatEricBack.thumb.jpg.f7c4845d4c5628c402c92565ea8144bd.jpg

On 3.11.2017 at 2:35 AM, Vulcan said:

Update before a wash.

IMG_20171102_185242.thumb.jpg.b46548d11cb2fd15e2dff3aeec5f3dc0.jpg

Wow awesome denim evo seen here!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2017 at 9:56 AM, Niro said:

X-post from 3sixteen thread.

My Type 3 shadow selvedge jacket. About 6 months effective wear. 2 washes.

IMG_20171021_142852.jpg
IMG_20171021_143024.jpg

This looks great! Well on your way to beating it up. I picked up the Caustic wave version of this and hope I can get it to start evolving like this! Love what 3Sixteen puts out.

I had some old sherpa lined raw denim jackets from Levis an Wrangler in the 70-ies but I always love the old blanket lined Lee Stormrider denim jackets at most

• 2 weeks later...

Just scored this LNWOT '70's sherpa-lined ranch style Storm Rider. I searched a bit for a dedicated vintage Lee thread, but I couldn't find one, so I am putting these pix here.

I've never been able to find out the actual name for this model of jacket. "Ranch jacket" is often used to describe them, but I don't think that's technically the correct Lee name for them.

It has a mean crease in one of the lower front panels that I will have to steam iron out (not a problem). It has just the slightest hints of fades around the cuffs; they look to be those which would be caused by being shuffled about during decades of closet/drawer/box storage or the like. It has definitely never been wet, and if it has been worn, it doesn't show it – not a single fade mark outside of the ones I mentioned on some of the high points around the cuffs. It has just the faintest hint of a musty smell. IME with much worse musty smells in dead stock clothes, some air, sunlight, and a vinegar spritz should take care of this.

I have been looking for one of these in dead stock or similar condition for quite a while. I am very happy with my find...and it will make the perfect companion to my dead stock '70's Storm Rider jacket (which I plan on finally putting into the rotation this coming year, after I fully document its condition and construction details).

Edited by 428CJ

That's true, I suppose. A little bit 101J/standard Storm Rider, a little bit chore coat, a little bit parka, a little bit western shirt/jacket, a little bit pea coat... It has a lot going on, but it's very comfortable and warm, and I've always liked them in terms of style.

Edited by 428CJ

Great looking jacket Jared_Lee Perhaps you can ask them for a spare button. 

And I hope you recovered well again after your 2 accidents.

5 hours ago, 428CJ said:

Just scored this LNWOT '70's sherpa-lined ranch style Storm Rider. I searched a bit for a dedicated vintage Lee thread, but I couldn't find one, so I am putting these pix here.

I've never been able to find out the actual name for this model of jacket. "Ranch jacket" is often used to describe them, but I don't think that's technically the correct Lee name for them.

It has a mean crease in one of the lower front panels that I will have to steam iron out (not a problem). It has just the slightest hints of fades around the cuffs; they look to be those which would be caused by being shuffled about during decades of closet/drawer/box storage or the like. It has definitely never been wet, and if it has been worn, it doesn't show it – not a single fade mark outside of the ones I mentioned on some of the high points around the cuffs. It has just the faintest hint of a musty smell. IME with much worse musty smells in dead stock clothes, some air, sunlight, and a vinegar spritz should take care of this.

I have been looking for one of these in dead stock or similar condition for quite a while. I am very happy with my find...and it will make the perfect companion to my dead stock '70's Storm Rider jacket (which I plan on finally putting into the rotation this coming year, after I fully document its condition and construction details).

IMG_5107.thumb.JPG.f541a8c47c955a1056f7d5a5dd3fa050.JPG

Wow what an awesome looking vintage 70-ies Lee sherpa lined denim jacket. 

It should be named Stormrider as well. 

Isn't it dtazed on the inside patch? Can you send me a pic of this label?

and I can't wait to see your other Stormrider update including the label as well