Jump to content
beatle

What about Jeans Jackets ....

Recommended Posts

Yes nice jacket Bartlebyyphonics. Post called it Japanese indigo swirl but not sure if there is a more historical name for it. Last week I had to reluctantly sell a Royal Traveller vest in the same fabric as it was just too big. The fabric is very fetching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Yes nice jacket Bartlebyyphonics. Post called it Japanese indigo swirl but not sure if there is a more historical name for it. Last week I had to reluctantly sell a Royal Traveller vest in the same fabric as it was just too big. The fabric is very fetching.

of course, yes! memory had failed. 

the royal traveller vest is def. on the list - watching out for one in the right fabric; needs a bit of structure but not too much. really like the design of them. you were wearing one with tcb 20s some while back? broadcloth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's the navy broadcloth from this summer. It was a size down from my indigo swirl version but (even accounting for that) is a trimmer fit. I've found that the Traveller vest sizing varies depending on the year made. I've returned a few over the years but stuck with them doggedly as I also like the design and the fact they can serve warm weather over a shirt or tee or winter under a jacket. Happy hunting.

Edited by MJF9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X-post from 3sixteen thread.

My Type 3 shadow selvedge jacket. About 6 months effective wear. 2 washes.

IMG_20171021_142852.jpg
IMG_20171021_143024.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome superfreekick and rock the great looking denim jacket the hardcore way for ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superfreekick said:

:D 

thank you

Nicely broken in - what kind of jacket is it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross-post from small questions - looking for any info on this type-III based on the labels.  Not sure if it is LVC, mainline Levis, Made and Crafted, etc....  I really have no idea..  All I know is what is on the tags shown and the denim is not selvedge. 

leviIMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5760_(2).jpg

levis2unnamed.jpg

LLLunnamed.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25 Oktober 2017 at 8:02 AM, jeffrx said:

Nicely broken in - what kind of jacket is it? 

It's just ordinary type 3. Made in Philippines :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samurai S552XX 21oz type 2 on double denim tour in the glorious North East of Britain with the little fella in complimentary tux!

Lindisfarne (Holy Island) + S710XX, RMC M65, sheepskin hat, The Hillside camo scarf, Viberg

Bamburgh Castle + S710XX, The Hillside wabash scarf, Viberg

Newcastle castle approach + TCB 20s, Stetson, Viberg

Local park + Roy SF01, RMC sweat, converse

2017-10-29 14.25.07.jpg

2017-10-29 14.24.18.jpg

2017-10-29 14.22.03.jpg

2017-10-29 14.22.42.jpg

2017-10-29 14.20.53.jpg

2017-10-29 14.08.25.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like I just got to see Banksy on vacation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Levis Big E, Flat Eric chainstitch and chenille embroidery.  Along with a Flat Eric enamel pin.FlatEricFront.thumb.jpg.6be992f2a0a8bcecf130a60c6d8f245c.jpgFlatEricBack.thumb.jpg.f7c4845d4c5628c402c92565ea8144bd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1 November 2017 at 11:30 PM, emaze said:

Levis Big E, Flat Eric chainstitch and chenille embroidery.  Along with a Flat Eric enamel pin.FlatEricFront.thumb.jpg.6be992f2a0a8bcecf130a60c6d8f245c.jpgFlatEricBack.thumb.jpg.f7c4845d4c5628c402c92565ea8144bd.jpg

the vestal garb ov the church of the flat beat!

wat do when iphone is not interesting enuff and the dj is a fat dude...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.11.2017 at 2:35 AM, Vulcan said:

Update before a wash.

IMG_20171102_185242.thumb.jpg.b46548d11cb2fd15e2dff3aeec5f3dc0.jpg

Wow awesome denim evo seen here!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iron Heart Jacket - breaking it in took a little time, but it's pretty comfortable now 

 

DSCN1717[1].JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2017 at 9:56 AM, Niro said:

X-post from 3sixteen thread.

My Type 3 shadow selvedge jacket. About 6 months effective wear. 2 washes.

IMG_20171021_142852.jpg
IMG_20171021_143024.jpg

This looks great! Well on your way to beating it up. I picked up the Caustic wave version of this and hope I can get it to start evolving like this! Love what 3Sixteen puts out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about to ask the same question...  Cold in Seattle today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some old sherpa lined raw denim jackets from Levis an Wrangler in the 70-ies but I always love the old blanket lined Lee Stormrider denim jackets at most

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just scored this LNWOT '70's sherpa-lined ranch style Storm Rider. I searched a bit for a dedicated vintage Lee thread, but I couldn't find one, so I am putting these pix here.

I've never been able to find out the actual name for this model of jacket. "Ranch jacket" is often used to describe them, but I don't think that's technically the correct Lee name for them.

 It has a mean crease in one of the lower front panels that I will have to steam iron out (not a problem). It has just the slightest hints of fades around the cuffs; they look to be those which would be caused by being shuffled about during decades of closet/drawer/box storage or the like. It has definitely never been wet, and if it has been worn, it doesn't show it – not a single fade mark outside of the ones I mentioned on some of the high points around the cuffs. It has just the faintest hint of a musty smell. IME with much worse musty smells in dead stock clothes, some air, sunlight, and a vinegar spritz should take care of this.

I have been looking for one of these in dead stock or similar condition for quite a while. I am very happy with my find...and it will make the perfect companion to my dead stock '70's Storm Rider jacket (which I plan on finally putting into the rotation this coming year, after I fully document its condition and construction details).

IMG_5106.thumb.JPG.81a1ec0b5efa062bdb9b8b97dba07615.JPG

IMG_5107.thumb.JPG.f541a8c47c955a1056f7d5a5dd3fa050.JPG

 

Edited by 428CJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's true, I suppose. A little bit 101J/standard Storm Rider, a little bit chore coat, a little bit parka, a little bit western shirt/jacket, a little bit pea coat... It has a lot going on, but it's very comfortable and warm, and I've always liked them in terms of style.

Edited by 428CJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking jacket Jared_Lee Perhaps you can ask them for a spare button. 

And I hope you recovered well again after your 2 accidents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 428CJ said:

Just scored this LNWOT '70's sherpa-lined ranch style Storm Rider. I searched a bit for a dedicated vintage Lee thread, but I couldn't find one, so I am putting these pix here.

I've never been able to find out the actual name for this model of jacket. "Ranch jacket" is often used to describe them, but I don't think that's technically the correct Lee name for them.

 It has a mean crease in one of the lower front panels that I will have to steam iron out (not a problem). It has just the slightest hints of fades around the cuffs; they look to be those which would be caused by being shuffled about during decades of closet/drawer/box storage or the like. It has definitely never been wet, and if it has been worn, it doesn't show it – not a single fade mark outside of the ones I mentioned on some of the high points around the cuffs. It has just the faintest hint of a musty smell. IME with much worse musty smells in dead stock clothes, some air, sunlight, and a vinegar spritz should take care of this.

I have been looking for one of these in dead stock or similar condition for quite a while. I am very happy with my find...and it will make the perfect companion to my dead stock '70's Storm Rider jacket (which I plan on finally putting into the rotation this coming year, after I fully document its condition and construction details).

 

IMG_5107.thumb.JPG.f541a8c47c955a1056f7d5a5dd3fa050.JPG

 

Wow what an awesome looking vintage 70-ies Lee sherpa lined denim jacket. 

It should be named Stormrider as well. 

Isn't it dtazed on the inside patch? Can you send me a pic of this label?

and I can't wait to see your other Stormrider update including the label as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn Jared, what a comeback to the forum. 

Hope the accidents went well except the lost button!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks great @428CJ

I'm sure I've seen an old photo of Townes Van Zandt wearing one of these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Luisa via Roma (US)
    Brand - 125 x 125