What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

img1008931841.jpeg

not my pic, but i found one of these over the weekend at a thrift store for 8$ mine is much darker... looks barely worn. still has that new denim sheen to it.... and the buttons are oxidised to a yellow-green color. crazy thing is it fits perfectly.

oh... its a JC Pennys Foremost... yellow line selvage from the 60s.

what a sick jacket. yeah, post pics of the fit cheep, look forward to seeing it. foremost. how great is that? love those pleats!!!!

ive been trying to get a single pocket wrangler jacket for ages, without paying 200+ for it...

My girlfriend has one of those. Very well worn in and nice and tatty (but not TOO tatty). I picked it up for her for a very small handful of £ some years back. Will post a pic sometime.

Got this a month or so back.

APC jean jacket. Nice but kinda boxy + big. Haven't washed it yet or anything so I'm assuming it'll shrink a bit at least. It's a nice fit though, not too tight/slim, but not that boxy either when you button up the back/waist buttons.

apcjacket.jpg

And a fit pic cross-posted from WAYWT...

WAYWT-7-10.jpg

Evisu has something similar and few other really nice denim jackets.

Just so happen to have one for sale...:D

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=541135#post541135

Looks good. I kinda like a boxy fit on jean jackets.

thanks. I know what you mean about liking a boxy fit. Jean jackets just look funny slim, like the Nudie Connies, not to say they look bad, they just aren't my thing. Funny cause I like the look of skinny/slim jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

okay...

heres one on shrinkage.

i went and tried on an LVC 1967 type 3 new today.

it was great. maybe not everyones taste.

Raw, not too light weight.

it had the usual shrinkage warning on the leg on a brown sticker that you get on the jeans.

saying "for jackets go one size up"

but then...

the pocket had its own cardboard tag that said "pre-shrunk" 1% shrinkage could be expected.

it was all misleading.

anyone had any experience with the new LVC jackets and shrinkage?

any info greatly appreciated

JJ

Yesterday at the Levi's Store in Las Vegas I bought what looks to me to be a Type 1 jacket. It feels raw but none of the 4 employed I spoke to could say with confidence that it's Shrink-to-fit. I bought a small but it was still big on me so I'm hoping it does shrink. It also has a small 'e' and no red selvage. I got it for about $70. I'm pretty excited about it despite not being the $200 LVC one. If anyone wants, I can take pictures tomorrow. Right now the lighting in my house isn't very good.

Got this a month or so back.

APC jean jacket. Nice but kinda boxy + big. Haven't washed it yet or anything so I'm assuming it'll shrink a bit at least. It's a nice fit though, not too tight/slim, but not that boxy either when you button up the back/waist buttons.

apcjacket.jpg

And a fit pic cross-posted from WAYWT...

WAYWT-7-10.jpg

What size did you get in the jacket and what pit-to-pit do you usually wear on shirts?

I finally got pictures taken...

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2769575&cp=2068573.2082894.2107732&parentPage=family

front_01.jpg

back_01.jpg

buttoned_01.jpg

The measurements of the small as I see them are...

Pit-to-pit 19.5 in

Arm inseam 20.25

Cuff opening 4.5

Waist opening 18.5

Pit-to-waist rise 14.5

Shoulder 17.5

Sorry for the completely uncomfortable look I have in all the pictures, especially the yellowish last one.

I finally got pictures taken...

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2769575&cp=2068573.2082894.2107732&parentPage=family

front_01.jpg

back_01.jpg

buttoned_01.jpg

The measurements of the small as I see them are...

Pit-to-pit 19.5 in

Arm inseam 20.25

Cuff opening 4.5

Waist opening 18.5

Pit-to-waist rise 14.5

Shoulder 17.5

Sorry for the completely uncomfortable look I have in all the pictures, especially the yellowish last one.

Thanks for the link. Just ordered myself one.

okay...

heres one on shrinkage.

i went and tried on an LVC 1967 type 3 new today.

it was great. maybe not everyones taste.

Raw, not too light weight.

it had the usual shrinkage warning on the leg on a brown sticker that you get on the jeans.

saying "for jackets go one size up"

but then...

the pocket had its own cardboard tag that said "pre-shrunk" 1% shrinkage could be expected.

it was all misleading.

anyone had any experience with the new LVC jackets and shrinkage?

any info greatly appreciated

JJ

I bought a raw LVC type III on ebay (cheapie cheapie)...it's a size SM, and its REALLY SMALL...I soaked it for an hour or so in warm water, and it didn't shrink very much, but I thought I would wear it while it was wet to stretch it a bit, and I ripped it under the arm:o

• 2 weeks later...