What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Some questions to the SC type 2 owners:
1. Does it shrink- most shops say, that it's "washed unsaforized" and thus shouldn't shrink, but a number of people here have written, that they shrunk it.

2. Does it fit quite big? 
I normally wear 42, but here 40 would work for sure, and for a snug fit even 38 migth work.
What are your experiences?
38 would be great as it is short. 40 with around 65cm in length would be too long for what I'm looking for.

3 hours ago, indigoeagle said:

Some questions to the SC type 2 owners:
1. Does it shrink- most shops say, that it's "washed unsaforized" and thus shouldn't shrink, but a number of people here have written, that they shrunk it.

2. Does it fit quite big? 
I normally wear 42, but here 40 would work for sure, and for a snug fit even 38 migth work.
What are your experiences?
38 would be great as it is short. 40 with around 65cm in length would be too long for what I'm looking for.

I found with my own SC jackets (I had the type II with the 14.25oz fabric and also the type I awa-shoai jacket) only shrank a little bit with a cold gentle wash and air dry. I have 1947 which is the same fabric as the type II and with a warm wash and machine dry (or dry in the sun) it shrank like a half size overall with a little more in length. They do fit bigger so it's not unusual to size down from other Japanese brands but I dont know about two sizes down. you may fit it but it seems like it'd be snug and short. I'd personally go with 40 and then if you need, give it a warm machine wash and see where that gets you. 

Edited by youngofthesoonest

I have the SC Type II in a 44 (my usual size) – it's cut long rather than traditional "boxy" fit, but other than that I wouldn't say it was that much roomier than others I have (TFH, LVC and FW). When buttoned, there is no pulling at the pleats, so I could imagine it down a size for a more snug (but not too tight, visually) fit.

Pockets are slightly smaller than my other Type IIs though – the flap won't button over an iPhone 5 (tiny by today's standards). Aesthetically, the smaller pockets should be better on jackets sized 40 and below.

It's a good jacket, though worn the least of all. Perhaps I just have too many Type IIs.

^^ It's annoying when different retailers have quite varied measurements for the same jacket. 

It'd be worth asking them to send you photos of the actual jacket being measured. 

Recently, I've been reflecting on the width of the arm holes. The wider they are, the lower down the pit to pit measurement will be and (for me) the looser it will be. So while for chest the pit to pit is important, comparisons with other jackets can be hard as there are other variables at play. 

Edited by MJF9

yeah the arm hole width does play into it as well...very true about all the variables that are not reflected in given measurements making a noticeable difference. Obviously best if you you can try it in person, but if you're deciding between 38 and 40 and you're usually a 42 in Japanese brands, I do feel pretty confident that 38 is going to be on the small side. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any good T-Back's out there these days? I know FC has a pre-order out but it's too rich for my wallet:

https://fullcount.co/collections/denim-jackets/products/pre-order-s2108-tokyo-shop-anniversary-t-back-ww2-model-limited?variant=43657398452471

Seems jean jackets in general are unavailable the past few months! I was lucky to pick up a 2107XX (heavier oz type 1 from Full Count) in Tokyo last October and have been wearing it pretty much daily, but would love something lighter for the warmer months

Freewheelers jackets have T back on size 46 and 48. A lot of the Warehouse jackets are available with T back in size 46 and 48 as well but only through a few shops (Take Off is good to order from). Warehouse had a Duck Digger jacket in the last year or so that had T back on all sizes but may be sold out now or at least hard to track down. 

On 12/5/2022 at 3:53 AM, MJF9 said:

Recently, I've been reflecting on the width of the arm holes. The wider they are, the lower down the pit to pit measurement will be and (for me) the looser it will be. So while for chest the pit to pit is important, comparisons with other jackets can be hard as there are other variables at play. 

good insight @MJF9. also applies to vest sizing from (bitter) experience. vest with a pit to pit of 20 fits much bigger than a shirt or jacket with same p2p since the arm holes are cut much lower (ie, can't use one's shirt/jacket p2p as exact reference, better size down). 

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my new TFH Jacket, Type III 

The construction is clean, slim towards waist, custom buttons, all details and quality what you can expect from THF. I bought size 40. I am extremely thankful to all for  feedback and input here. A little bit tight at tummy when 2nd last button is buttoned up. As this is one-washed so expect it will stretch out after some use. I will try to avoid hot washes in future (only cold wash when needed). 

trim pic3.jpg

trim pic 5.jpg

trim pic 4.jpg

trim pic2.jpg

Edited by dada mafiosi

Sleeves width is slim including sleeve opening, giving a modern look. I have a little belly tummy , so body width at 2nd last button was important factor while deciding on sizing. 

Here are the actual measurements "when new" in CMs of size 40:

Chest (pit to pit): 53.5

Shoulder: 47 

Sleeve Length: 60.5

Width at 2nd last button: 47.5

Width at 3rd last button: 49

Sleeve opening: 10.5

Body length: 61.5

Hem Width 46.5 

After using the jacket for a few days,  I notice that 2nd last button width now is 48.5cm and hem width is 47.5cm  (both increased 1 cm after use)

2.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

40-1.JPG

40-3.JPG

40-5.JPG

40-2.JPG

EFBAA916-0EB6-4C60-82A5-9C83C4A43BBF.thumb.jpeg.d9119a5a1ea4e4e9a2a0427133e44904.jpeg

last official purchase of 2022. Cushman jackets, I got from the Signet store. Freshly washed and super crispy! Stitched up by CSF, so interesting deets. This with FW my WW2 itch is done. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m looking at too much these days but I’ve really come to enjoy my Freewheelers 516xx 1946 - which is flannel lined. It’s my only repro denim jacket and it’s making me want an unlined one for the other half of the year. 

Just a casual survey for what people like. I’m sort of curious about the Jelado ones if anyone has thoughts on that. Gonna pass over Warehouse I think. Just want a different denim. And not interested in CSF. Not opposed to another FW jacket but I do like variety. Preferably looking for a traditional boxy type one, cotton stitching, (30s or 40s), the whole repro 9 yards, and bonus for a denim that looks better with at least occasional washing. Not in any hurry so I can wait for a restock if it’s worth it. 

Worth a look at FW 1927 type 1. Different deets eg rounded pocket flap etc. Plus FW's standard denim which there are plenty pics of and the FW thread has pics of the jacket from me, Shred and Duke

Maybe take a look at the Canes thread where I recall OO references jackets iirc - that'd be a very good cop on Yahoo 

Edited by MJF9

I picked up the Jelado anniversary denim jacket s407xx, a WW2 cut, great denim (their Last Resort denim), with all the typical deets for that type of jacket.  

My wife bought me a Full Count type 2 over the holidays, and it's wearing in beautifully. It's roomy enough to layer a hoodie under, but looks good on its own with the sleeves cuffed as an overshirt as well. Definitely can recommend.

denim_barn_coat-225_2048x2048.jpg?v=1631Does anyone have experience with LC King’s denim barn coats or have a recommendation for a similar jacket (lined, with similar details)? I would prefer something one-wash or raw, but I like this jacket enough that I may have to buy one when the mediums are back in stock.

I can’t find much about the company online, except people complaining that prices went through the roof once the company was “discovered.”

Edited by beanjaro
Added image from link