What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Yes with the cinch.  You've reminded me I was going to take some pictures and post in the At Last thread - will do this week.  I took measurements so will find them too. It's only really the length that shrinks IIRC.  I've only worn them briefly and yes reassuringly stiff like your jacket!  

Look forward to the updates on your jacket - interested to hear how it goes

On 11/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, RawAsDenim said:

Getting back into the denim game after a short hiatus and decided to get a few jackets to breathe some life into the collection. Picked up this Strike Gold Type ll SGJ50S and I’m loving it.

F66B18C4-BB76-4F5F-8F59-D12E10B3F003.jpeg

I just picked up a TSG SGJ50S as well f/ SE. Couldn't resist any longer... I got a 44, and it's huge on me raw - at least 1 size too big, maybe 2 sizes too big. I knew it would be big and expect a lot of shrinkage. I'm 5'11, 190lbs, 44 chest, wide shoulders. How much shrinkage did you get with yours? Did you just do a tub soak? I've had TSG 5105, and that denim shrunk a ton, so much I had to sell the jeans cuz they were too small. If this denim shrinks anything like that, it might be OK w/ a couple hot washes and dryer runs. 

9 hours ago, mpukas said:

I just picked up a TSG SGJ50S as well f/ SE. Couldn't resist any longer... I got a 44, and it's huge on me raw - at least 1 size too big, maybe 2 sizes too big. I knew it would be big and expect a lot of shrinkage. I'm 5'11, 190lbs, 44 chest, wide shoulders. How much shrinkage did you get with yours? Did you just do a tub soak? I've had TSG 5105, and that denim shrunk a ton, so much I had to sell the jeans cuz they were too small. If this denim shrinks anything like that, it might be OK w/ a couple hot washes and dryer runs. 

We’re similar in height and weight (I’m 5’10” 190 lbs) and mine was a 42 which is a perfect fit post soak. Pre soak fit like a size bigger and I got it to shrink down almost exactly where I wanted it. I tried on a 40 to get an idea of shrinkage and it fits better than the raw 40 did. I shrunk in a tub with hot water and dried in direct sunlight on 78 degree day but as always drying it in a dryer would very likely get more shrinkage. To sum it up.. hot water soak and air dry on a warmer day got me a little more than one size down. 

When I was in Berlin in October, I fell in love with the repro Lee Storm Rider they carry at 14OZ. I guess it's made in Italy? Anyone have any experience with this one? 

I had a Storm Rider growing up for bush parties / dirtbiking, and kind of miss it. At the time I was in Berlin, not CDN500 worth of missing it, though. Kind of regret not getting it.

• 4 weeks later...

My summer and winter jackets.

The bond jacket (also known as Rgt supply waxed jacket). Worn since 2015. I like to wear this one with iron rangers. It just becomes darker at crease points.

IMG_20200105_123539.thumb.jpg.3366d3c9e37586a1d7fd30d483424cf7.jpg

IMG_20200105_123700.thumb.jpg.109cc54208133d1413f7d3d8cd2068cf.jpg

And the Iron heart 19LOD as the warmer winter jacket. Since last April. It shows a couple wear signs around the pockets. Often worn with black service boots.

IMG_20200108_134631.thumb.jpg.bf8ff2ec7689cf79a591b5225a5ef51f.jpg

IMG_20200108_134642.thumb.jpg.f85fa14df3a25af0a1745885d285a172.jpg

Cheers

Who makes an authentic, relatively affordable (and available in Europe or via mail) Type 2 besides TCB? It's on my target list for this year, but don't really want to pay more than 250 euros and hopefully less? TIA...could always go used, of course.

1 hour ago, peter1 said:

Who makes an authentic, relatively affordable (and available in Europe or via mail) Type 2 besides TCB? It's on my target list for this year, but don't really want to pay more than 250 euros and hopefully less? TIA...could always go used, of course.

Sugar Cane.

Pants Shop Ave and Self Edge carry raw versions. One wash easily available on Rakuten.

57 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Sugar Cane.

Pants Shop Ave and Self Edge carry raw versions. One wash easily available on Rakuten.

Thanks, that's a definite possibility. SE shipping to Yurrup might be prohibitive. Though I like the "modified" version with slightly longer length.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...