What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

On ‎25‎.‎12‎.‎2018 at 9:54 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

Accidentally found a nice link with a load of info on vintage Wrangler jackets like John Lennon's one.

Vintage Wrangler jackets.

Nice Infos!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 6:30 PM, Broark said:

Somehow I missed this thread, so I'll post my post here!
What denim jackets are you guys into these days? I'm looking for another jacket to add to my rotation.
My climate dictates that I can usually just wear a lighter weight denim jacket and flannel or tee and I'm covered for most of the fall/winter.
My most worn one being my TCB 50's jacket and I also have an IH x Self Edge overdyed type III.
I'm thinking I will go for a type I to complete the trifecta. Although I wouldn't be opposed to another type II to be honest.
I'd love one from Warehouse but I don't think the size 42 would be big enough. Or maybe it could, the measurements don't look too far off from ideal.
Of course I could go for a CSF 406XXX M-46, but the wait time is a bummer and the lack of measurements scare me.
My dream would be for Ooe Yofukuten to make a type I or II! 
Anyways, if there's a brand I'm overlooking for a good type I that comes up to about 46 in. in the chest I'd love suggestions. :ph34r:

SDA's 40th anniversary Type I looks gorgeous...

http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/SP-032.html

• 2 months later...

Edwin Axel jacket in their rainbow selvedge. I really wish it didn’t have beige weft. Solid fit for my frame but doesn’t get much use these days.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and I am a denim fanatic I just wanted to post my favorite denim jacket. It's a pocket less orange tab that's made in Canada. It was in unbelieveable condition when I got it, still is. I pair it with doublewood narrows.

Thanks all!

20190401_194447.jpg

On 4/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, Denimheadly said:

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and I am a denim fanatic I just wanted to post my favorite denim jacket. It's a pocket less orange tab that's made in Canada. It was in unbelieveable condition when I got it, still is. I pair it with doublewood narrows.

Thanks all!

Looks like a boss combo, thanks for posting!

Has anyone ever seen an example of a Type I or Type II jacket with no pleat? Obviously that wouldn't be authentic. I'm just wondering whether it looks good and remains functional for every day city life...

22 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

@JDelage I have this one. Flat Head 6006W. Most people don't like the style but i enjoy it. 

The style looks strange to me but the denim fabric has a promising denim evolution potential ahead

Wash it when it gets dirty. Of course you can throw it in the machine if you want, but a handwash will strip less of the indigo out.

Who makes a nice *black denim* (not double black, not overdyed) jacket? CSF made a series, but I don't know that they still do. TCB makes the Buckaroo, but I'm not sure I like that style.

Viapiana has a 13oz black denim in stock, that's always an option...

On 4/3/2019 at 6:16 AM, Spiraltoy said:

Edwin Axel jacket in their rainbow selvedge. I really wish it didn’t have beige weft. Solid fit for my frame but doesn’t get much use these days.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very beautiful Jacket and great fades.  How come you don't wear it? 

15 hours ago, Denimheadly said:

How come you don't wear it? 

Dono, I’ve got denim jackets that I    have stronger feelings for and as I wrote above the beige weft is nothing I fancy, makes the jacket look dirty.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m looking for a denim jacket that will fade with high contrast. I really want a studio d artisan in the standard 15 ounce denim they produce but I’m not sure where to locate one. I feel like a double indigo would also be pretty cool. Also not sure about PBJ if they make a nice denim jacket. Let me know what y’all think. Looking for anything crispy and unsanforized that will develop with high contrast wear. Pic unrelated.

611C039E-9194-47B4-8537-F40D2CC74CB5.jpeg

Edited by Radiohead89

you can try, worse it can happen it won't shrink... otherwise give the sleeves one roll and you're good to go. I had the same problem with my 50s jacket and just got used to one single roll, it looks good too.

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to ask your guys opinion on a recent purchase.  It is a black denim jacket from Only and Sons. It's a cotton poly blend with some stretch. I know it's like the anti-denim head jacket but I like how it fits and the comfort.  All my denim jackets are vintage so this us a fit I'm not used to but I enjoy the sleekness. I am wondering what people think.

Thanks all

20190605_202458.jpg

20190605_202440.jpg

1 hour ago, Critical Observer said:

The photo is not the best quality but it looks like it fits more like a shacket; check out Iron Heart’s IHSH-177 & IHSH-178 for something that might tickle your fancy.

It does tickle my fancy but the price is too high. Maybe one day