What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure how I feel about denim jackets-on me at least-but I have been lusting after one of these for a while, and got one a little while ago in my size. It's 11oz selvage denim-and anniversary model by warehouse. It's actually called a closed front jumper/jacket 3001xx-hence me posting it here. Hope to get some more wear out of it when the weather gets a little warmer.

3001xx.jpg

Sorry that should of been that^

Damn that APC one is looking nasty! nice collection.

thanks 40oz...

great looking APC jacket, nightdeposit. is that from the period when APC was made in japan?

hmmm, this jacket is actually in storage, but i am pretty sure its a 'tunisian' one. i found out about apc in the late 90's, at which time im pretty sure all their denim was being mfg in tunisia. anyways, its a great jacket, been drycleaned a handful of times and washed once, i think. you can still see on the right hand pocket how the flap was bent by my nokia phone. remember how big those things were? a selvedge jacket, years before i knew anything about this sort of thing...

i just saw it and had to have it.

interesting history...yeah those nokia phones were huge. the combs on the arm are really nice!

if APC was started in 87, and by the mid 90s production had shifted to tunisia, then the made in japan stage must have been really short lived.

apc2.jpg

i found another shot. i had originally taken photos of these for this thread, months ago, then dropped it. glad you like it...

i think it was short lived. occasionally i have seen a piece that was mfg in japan, but by and large, its all the later stuff. even back then, some people said to me, you should have seen the stuff they were making years ago, it was amazing. i recently got the new catalog and its not very exciting. not sure if they are still making this jacket, but they most likely are. a classic.

Not really sure how I feel about denim jackets-on me at least-but I have been lusting after one of these for a while, and got one a little while ago in my size. It's 11oz selvage denim-and anniversary model by warehouse. It's actually called a closed front jumper/jacket 3001xx-hence me posting it here. Hope to get some more wear out of it when the weather gets a little warmer.

3001xx.jpg

Sorry that should of been that^

where did you pick this up? sort of reminds me of an lvc jumper that i was sweating a bit. id love to get my hands on one of these warehouse numbers...

"where did you pick this up? sort of reminds me of an lvc jumper that i was sweating a bit. id love to get my hands on one of these warehouse numbers..."

A friend in Japan found me one. It wasn't cheap but I just loved it. It's a kinda copy of an old Levi Jumper from about 1900. I think the original is for sale on the warehouse website...

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/vintage/contents/088.html

What size are you looking for?

man, thats a beautiful piece. i think i saw these online once, somewhere. maybe it was this link.

i'd need a 40-42... have you got a line on one?

Hmmm...i'm a 38 actual, and since it goes over your head to get it on I needed a size 42. I did know of a guy that had a 38, but I reckon you'd def need a 42...don't know if they made a larger one than that...

why don't you try asking japanhookup or2000dB maybe they can help you out?:)

Guest SisterRay

I have bought a new jeans (actually cord) levis engineered jacket - size small.

I have never bee sure how jeans jackets should be worn, should they be a snug fit, and how low should they fit.

Here's a few pictures, can you give you opinion whether this is too small

photo2nc3.th.jpg

photo3mh4.th.jpg

photo5ck7.th.jpg

photo6wm5.th.jpg

photo9xb2.th.jpg

^^

I am so jealous. I bet that thing is warm and pretty soft by now. It looks great.

I just bought a LVC Type III and it is kinda small. I can barely get it all buttoned up. I wonder if it will stretch out any? I know I can never let it touch water... wish I could return it for a size larger - but Levis is completely out.

Well I guess I agree with the Bobo that its up to the person and their own personal style. I feel that denim jackets should be worn tight on the arms, and the bottom of the jackst should hit you right at the waist. But thats only if you are wearing a cowboy type of denim jacket, like a Lee 101J or a Levi's 557.

BTW, sisterRay, that jacket fits you just right. Might even be a little loose!

• 3 weeks later...