What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Anyone got the orSlow 1960s jacket?

I'm thinking of getting it in the used wash, but if anyone has already got the jacket and can advise on fitting that would be much appreciated  :)

Anyone got the orSlow 1960s jacket?

I'm thinking of getting it in the used wash, but if anyone has already got the jacket and can advise on fitting that would be much appreciated  :)

Or you could consider my Real Mcoys Jacket hardly worn bargin. ..?

Or you could consider my Real Mcoys Jacket hardly worn bargin. ..?

ahhh haha i see what you did there ;)

This is probably blasphemy, but I am looking for a denim jacket already faded to a lighter shade of indigo

Never saw this style and brand before Mega

Thanks for infos

For sale, for cheap, size 44

Have you soaked it yet? what are it measurements?

Edited by bigblack

Thanks mate!

You've just bought a pair of 1001's right? So you know the denim is quite different from Sugar Canes 47 denim. The Warehouse jacket haven't been through their one-wash regimen and is still pretty hairy but already soft and comfy. I like both a lot in their own ways but the banner denim is a favorite of mine.

Constructionwise both are very solid, although I do prefer the type II's slimmer sleeves and having the cuff buttons on the outside rather than the inside of the sleeves. They're both pretty long too, almost feel too long to wear with jeans with a high rise, never thought I'd say that about a 506 but I really like the short boxy fit these days. 

To put it bluntly it sure is a great jacket but I've yet to see one the justifies the price bump, Sugar Cane is right behind them qualitywise imo. If someone here beat up a Sugar Cane type II properly like we've seen Volvo do with his TCB or Bradl with his Warehouse type II we'd barely see any other denim jackets. The 1947 denim just seem to be too stubborn for a lot of people to stick with their jacket for a long period of time.

Looking great Bobbo!!!!

Bobbo - Yes, I've recently bought a pair of 1001 and have been really impressed by the banner denim. Easily one of the nicest I've ever handled. Like you, I'm a big fan of both the banner denim and Sugar Cane's standard '47 fabric. The former seems already like it will crock fast and fade a lot quicker than the Canes. My 1947 are at the year mark now but have been super stubborn in giving it up! And that's with jeans... with a jacket it's going to be a proper long haul to fade.

I hear you on the length issue: I also love the true, boxy cut of the original 506XX and 507XX jackets though I need something that hits just over the belt line. My torso must be quite a different length to yours because my Flat Head type II comes just over my belt despite being slightly longer cut in the body, even with my TCB 50s, whereas your WH jacket comes quite some way over your belt. Which JP brands make a properly boxy repro cut?

Bobbo - Yes, I've recently bought a pair of 1001 and have been really impressed by the banner denim. Easily one of the nicest I've ever handled. Like you, I'm a big fan of both the banner denim and Sugar Cane's standard '47 fabric. The former seems already like it will crock fast and fade a lot quicker than the Canes. My 1947 are at the year mark now but have been super stubborn in giving it up! And that's with jeans... with a jacket it's going to be a proper long haul to fade.

I hear you on the length issue: I also love the true, boxy cut of the original 506XX and 507XX jackets though I need something that hits just over the belt line. My torso must be quite a different length to yours because my Flat Head type II comes just over my belt despite being slightly longer cut in the body, even with my TCB 50s, whereas your WH jacket comes quite some way over your belt. Which JP brands make a properly boxy repro cut?

Yes, the banner denim gives away a lot of indigo at first but if you look at Settermans pair they seem to almost pull a handbrake after a while and slow down. I've been washing my pair way too regularly (if there is such a thing) to tell. I should post some proper updates on my Sugar Cane type II some time.

My Denime is definitely more boxy and you can actually find Orizzonti bargains every now and then since I guess most people are searching for the ol' 66XX model.

Clt3: These measurements are post-wash for a size 40.

Pit to pit: 20.25"

Shoulders: 18"

Length from below collar: 24"

Sleeve: 24.5"

Volvo: Think we can twist Inoue's arm into making one? Do a double TCB denim contest with the 1920's jeans, that would be something!

itsbeenhere. Great denim jacket and jeans. Can't wait to see this jacket in 10 years if worn the hardcore way.

• 2 weeks later...