What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Levi's Type III Big E. 

Repaired the collar by hand - it rotted through the inside layer, but not the outside. I inserted a single scrap of pre-washed denim measured to occupy the entire height of the collar. Pretty basic. Took about 4 hours. Tried my hand at darning a hole on the right side - turned out better than I expected.

IMG_20150726_135112_zpsqbtqnyrf.jpg

*edit - the green patch over the tag is there to protect it. It's barely hanging on by a few threads. It's too delicate for me to repair.

Edited by MellowYellow

• 3 weeks later...

CanadianTux weather today!

SD XXXJ-2 Type1: Partially hot soaked the sleeves, then the rest as water got cold :: 1st time in the wild. :: Denim is still stiff & needs a few wears to drape better :: Cut is generous @shoulder&sleeves__ great for layering.

90A72A83-E3B0-4A32-A34B-4D661A98EAA7.jpg

8CB9E9D0-A9C8-46DF-B896-F7B2399A47DF.jpg

Fall Anticipation:StudioDArtisan XXXJ-2 Type1 15oz Natural Indigo Dyed, Dry Deadstock

Last snaps before the soak:2CB0AEC1-A6C6-47C0-A892-1FE86E39AE17.jpgxxxJfastners.jpgED963790-3B7D-4E96-A2A6-9E4DD427694A.jpgxxxJpatch_inpocket.jpgxxxJbutton.jpgCD61641A-7074-4ADD-92EA-275A2BEE4F9D.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those warehouse jackets are fucking insane. If we all agree that one denim jacket is more than enough we can get our jackets to look like that eventually!

Nice jacket, but you've gotta work on your photo locations.

I see how it is... no more fit pics for you picky bastards!

I think mine might look like the third one fairly soon. Having no problem fading it. Was going to do a wash every three months but it will be pretty contrasty if I do that. Will post some photos up on weekend, didn't get a chance to take post wash photos