What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

I have the Tellason jacket for sale in XXL. It's a really nice jacket. The denim is smooth, consistent and rigid. I bought it on impulse and want a type II

instead. 

Wish I could help you out but I'm after a small or med. Thanks anyways though :)

I too am looking for a denim jacket with front pockets. I like the look of the Ande Whall Grizzly and the Big John jackets. The 3sixteen jackets are also awesome! I'm open to other suggestions though too.

Long over due pics. SExIH22 Type III. 20oz LHT, grey weft, raw unsanforized. Bought at SELA late April 2014, so it's nearly a year old now (I can't believe it's been a year, WTF???!!!) Washed it twice - once when I got it home, once when I started wearing it again in the fall. I wear it nearly every day, and get compliments on constantly. I don't do any manual labor so it' doesn't see any abrasive wear. Slow to fade, and still quite stiff. After a year it's starting to soften and relax a little. 

I love this jacket. Now I'm thinking I want to get a Type I - that IHxVS T1 that Max got has me wanting... 

http://tp://20150305_121336_zpsfldvzfvz.jpg

http://20150305_121359_zps9olvxh82.jpg

http://20150305_121520_zpsemelyeuf.jpg

http://http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/mpukas/Jeans/Iron%20Heart%20SExIH22%20Type%20III/20150305_121530_zpsx8wg0snf.jpg

Great looking jacket!! That makes me want an iron heart jacket now. Love the fact that it has hand warmer pockets.

I tried on the big John jacket yesterday. Fits great everywhere besides the arms They were to snug to be comfortable. very nice jacket though

mpukas:

This jacket is pure raw denim dope. Can't wait to see it after 600 wear days!!!

After sizing wrong on a Lee 101J (I thought sizing down was a good idea for whatever reason) exactly one year ago I got another jacket, this time in the right size  :) It's a standard raw selvedge "Made in Turkey" 101J, nothing fancy.

Now, I'm trying to get over my silly habit of babying clothes (and not caring and just wearing got me good results on a Levi's Type III over the course of 10 years), but this jacket has pretty prominent folding creases down both arms (you can glimpse it on the right sleeve on the first pic), do you guys think I should do something about this? The crease is pretty much gone on the forearms already but the upper arms don't get as much movement... I just don't want to end up with ugly (IMO) storage fades.

QeYrAzFl.jpg ISITNLMl.jpg

Yeah, my wife was just out running errands so I took the opportunity to iron the creases out without being ridiculed :D I turned the sleeves inside out, starched and ironed them. Worked just fine. Plus the starch really helps setting proper creases of course ^^

LyHw4APl.jpg

(The darker parts are still wet.)

Yeah, it is, it's the same denim as the 101S - I had those before and yeah, the denim is stubborn :) I don't mind it though, I like the raw color and the Lee denim is a whole different shade than any pair of jeans I have, so that helps break up the denim tux look.

Is there any consensus on APC denim jackets? Any better light wash alternatives out there? Want something washed for the summer. The stretch and japanese denim jackets seem decent, not too short. But I don't have much to compare them to.

Beautiful updates seen here! Love those 2 last jackets from werd and xchen

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a selvage Nudie perry jacket a year ago. Probably worn it 70% of the days since. I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. Washed it twice I think. It's slightly small for me now though so not getting much wear nowadays (If anyone wants to take over I'd maybe part with it).

ZwGUKI8.jpgQylZr6i.jpgrkil1Ph.jpg

This isn't exactly denim, just a light cotton fabric in ecru color with a slight sheen to it, but I really like my last impulse buy: Lee x J. Crew 100J "Westerner":

3omN0zFl.jpg

NOHhvNAl.jpg

The sateen fabric's so light, light is shining through:

NAUKJ1ul.jpg

It's way lighter than I expected, so really a jacket for warmer days only, but it'll still come in handy when I wear a denim shirt and want to avoid a triple-tux ;)

Personally I feel that hand pockets kinda destroy the lines of the jacket. Same with Levi's jackets. But to each their own, of course ;)

Personally I don't miss them though, jacket is short enough to allow unrestricted jean pocket access anyways.

I can't get my hands in my pockets because I keep my jeans sized pretty tight or else they wear me. But to each their own, I do love the silhouette of the jackets better I will agree with that but the functionality is nice

I always miss hand-pockets on good looking jackets

I think Ande Whall have a fantastically good looking jacket with hand warming pockets. If I get a third jacket it will probably be one of Ande's.

Wranglers classic model is also a nice one where I think they make the pockets work. Levi's not so much and I reckon that is the problem, most companies tend to do interpretations of Levi's models on which the pockets designwise just looks odd.

Don't think this is the right thread but thought I'd give it a go since y'all are jacket enthusiasts like me. 

Does anyone know how the Nudie Dean Leather jacket fits? Or how their jackets fit in general? Looking to pick one up online but the price point sketches me out with size decisions.