What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

I finally got around to taking photos of my type 1 hickory stripe jacket by Levi's and Supreme (yeah, yeah, I know). This jacket has the most flattering cut of any one I own, just a perfect fit. The hickory stripe is only just showing a little fading in some places so far.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-20%20at%2011.55.

Screen%20Shot%202014-12-20%20at%2011.56.

Edited by Iron Horse

I have both the SEXIH07IIBK and the SEXIH22TYPEIII, and the BK is by far the softer of the two after a fair bit of wear. I've probably worn the IH22 more than twice as much, and it's still pretty rigid in some spots. The BK is still feels very substantial, but pretty soft now as well.

Definitely love them both!

That type II looks awesome Ben, did you get a good amount of shrinkage after the soak?

The unwashed measurements look great on the 44 forms but I know I couldn't make it work post soak.

Not like I need another denim jacket, I just look around a lot!

As always, the pioneer denim is going to shrink pretty much a whole size.  I'm a 40 in almost all flat head, and this 40 is definitely the right size.  I'm not sure if it's scaled up so a 44 would work for someone who is usually a 44 but... yeah, it's going to shrink a lot.  I'm sure tyler or kiya could help you out...

I reallly really recommend this jacket!  It's one of those things that you want to wear all the time.  A lot of times I like the look of something but once I get I find it doesn't work in some way so I never wear it.  But not with this one  :)

Edit: I should mention that this is a one-wash.  If it fit like it does in the pic pre-wash, there's no way I could've squeezed into it after shrinkage!

Edited by itsbenhere

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of denim jackets... all everybody seems to be doing is Type I, II and III. Why is no one ripping off (I mean, doing their version of ;)) the Lee Rider 101J for a change? The only thing coming close is this Pike Brothers "Roamer" jacket.

I don't have a problem with getting a raw Lee jacket, although I'd like something in a nicer denim and I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here :)

i still fuckin need a type 2 with short body like the vintage levis type 2

I am pretty sure that Inoue San could shorten his TCB type II model to suit your needs. if you look at his own fit pics on TCB blog you can clearly see that he has done it on his type II jacket/vest.