What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

10724061_1480625578892605_1080920967_n.j

Got this sweet package this morning from Danny at Rivet and Hide. Only two days shipped from London to the U.S. so insane! Pure Blue Japan Deep Indigo Jacket in a Medium. Fit is spot on! A little snug across the back, but that'll break in a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

X-Post from the Sugar Cane thread...

Hey guys, I just picked up a Sugar Cane Type III and thought I'd share some photos. I'm pretty stoked on this — it was a great value, fantastic denim for the money. It's only had about 2-3 days of wear. No soak, but it's a one-wash.

o8R00Sf.jpg

YhZINGI.jpg

Iv6vgSE.jpg

nDUmx66.jpg

Yes, definitely get the Evisu jacket (and even more so if you've found an Evis version). A year or two ago, I bumped into this Japanese dude at an outlet village near London who was wearing a stunning Evisu type I jacket. The denim was so good I had to start a denim bro-down with him. 

This is my denim jacket a got from the guys at Blue Highway denim in Sweden a couple years ago. I don't remember so much about the denim other than it is in Japanese selvage. I'm sad I haven't used it so much but when it's warmer outside I will start using it again!

IMG_20141103_125903_zpsubxorabh.jpg

Very interesting design on that jacket. What else do you know about the brand?

Edit: Doing some quick research, it a Swedish brand (already stated) started by two brothers, Douglas and Hampus Luhanko. Both are vintage denim collectors and owe a great amount of their knowledge to famed vintage collector Michael Allen Harris, with whom they spent some time searching for "blue gold"--old mining workwear--in the Nevada desert. Both brothers are self-taught sewers, and draw heavily from the vintage pieces they have collected throughout their travels as well as 1920-40s blues and workwear.

About the products themselves:

Unchromed leather patches, nice touch. Unique coin pocket (the brand reminds me a lot of Stevenson, especially here). 100% single lockstitch construction. No hidden rivets. Hand picked fabrics, sourced from eBay and smaller denim mills.

What a cool brand!

Edited by chicote

Very interesting design on that jacket. What else do you know about the brand?

Edit: Doing some quick research, it a Swedish brand (already stated) started by two brothers, Douglas and Hampus Luhanko. Both are vintage denim collectors and owe a great amount of their knowledge to famed vintage collector Michael Allen Harris, with whom they spent some time searching for "blue gold"--old mining workwear--in the Nevada desert. Both brothers are self-taught sewers, and draw heavily from the vintage pieces they have collected throughout their travels as well as 1920-40s blues and workwear.

About the products themselves:

Unchromed leather patches, nice touch. Unique coin pocket (the brand reminds me a lot of Stevenson, especially here). 100% single lockstitch construction. No hidden rivets. Hand picked fabrics, sourced from eBay and smaller denim mills.

What a cool brand!

They also own(?) the store Unionville where they sell their stuff among other brands.

Likely going to order a SEXIH07IIIBK pretty soon, if anyone's got worn in pictures I'd love to see them.

I've seen a handful and they look very nice, especially since I'm want something a little different.

And if anyone's got one a rundown of your impressions would be awesome too!

Edited by Broark

i've been wearing mine for the last 7 months now and it's starting to wear in on the sleeves and placket with some faint light blues and grays coming out. I havent washed it yet but the fabric softened up a fair amount although the fabric on mine is slightly different from the current one we have. rather than showing a lot fading right now, it's gotten more worn in looking. I'm sure as i wear it more the fading will become more pronounced. the fabric is pretty windproof from the overdyeing. i can take pics of it when i get home

Thanks Young, I'd be interested in some pictures for sure.

The extra length helps me out because I'm fairly tall with a long torso.

Right now it's basically the only denim jacket that's really caught my eye.

And I really like the overdye denim, still a denim jacket but isn't too similar to whatever jeans I'm wearing.

Unless I wear my 634S-B.  :P

yeah the fact that they're black overdyed is a huge reason why i got it. i dont shy away from the denim tuxedo but for an everyday jacket it's nice having a jacket that is different. as tempting as it may be, i'd definitely recommend against wearing it with your 634s-b haha

Overdyed, extra length and hand pockets are all pretty ideal for me.

I think eventually I'll look into a type II that's more traditional if I end up liking the denim jacket look.

Considering I haven't worn a denim jacket since like elementary school.

Sorry for the double post but I pulled the trigger on the OD jacket today.

Hope it gets here before I head out of town for the holidays!

Very excited.

You bought the last size 46 at any of our stores!