What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

If you want to wear your denim jacket as a layer, wear it as a layer. I don't imagine the lining of the coat over it will be rough enough to encourage faster wear.  

Jacket are going to wear a lot slower than jeans, that's what makes them more satisfying when you finally do get some wear in them.  

Can anyone tell me if the sleeves of Lee Stormrider blanket lined jackets are lined too? What was the Levi's style jacket that had a lining? Were those sleeves lined on that one as well? I can't really tell by pictures online so I thought I might as on here if anyone has a Stormrider to check for me.

Took some progress pics of my BOM007 Jacket. Not too much going on so far. Only worn about a month. No washes. With the weather getting colder this will start being worn a lot more.

OFuG9WQl.jpg

A3PrsmXl.jpg

xmspHlPl.jpg

P0qQWK2l.jpg

And a fit pic

n4BLEHql.jpg

Took some progress pics of my BOM007 Jacket. Not too much going on so far. Only worn about a month. No washes. With the weather getting colder this will start being worn a lot more.

A3PrsmXl.jpg

xmspHlPl.jpg

P0qQWK2l.jpg

Beautiful color on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Crosspost from Levi's Thread:

Recently picked up this jacket in the vintage section of a shop called Una Mae's in Chicago. I don't know much about it, but the wear on it is incredible and for $48 I couldn't pass it up. Hoping you guys could get me some info on it, anyone able to identify the type for me and tell me when it was made? 

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346_2.jpg

Nice! I'm no expert, but I think with the hand-warmer pockets it's a Type IV (type III would be without the hand-warmers, but with the same chest pockets and front darts). As far as I know these came lined or unlined. I'd guess late 60s/early 70s?

With the tag and patch shown, this is definitely not from the late 60s/early 70s, it's a 1990's Type III. Also, if it was from the late 60s/early 70s it would probably be a "Big E" on the tab and you're going to need to be very, very lucky to get one in wearable condition for $48.

With the tag and patch shown, this is definitely not from the late 60s/early 70s, it's a 1990's Type III. Also, if it was from the late 60s/early 70s it would probably be a "Big E" on the tab and you're going to need to be very, very lucky to get one in wearable condition for $48.

Appreciate it big time! Thanks for the help. I threw it in the wash right after I took those photos. I'll post some more soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Crosspost from Levi's Thread:

Recently picked up this jacket in the vintage section of a shop called Una Mae's in Chicago. I don't know much about it, but the wear on it is incredible and for $48 I couldn't pass it up. Hoping you guys could get me some info on it, anyone able to identify the type for me and tell me when it was made? 

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2346_2.jpg

I recently just bought the same jacket on eBay as a winter jacket –

It's made in the USA which means it's older than 2004.

I have no idea when they started putting it on there, but my newer jackets including my LVC have the Levis URL on the care label.

It looks just like the Troy Mills lining found in older jackets but it doesn't have the Troy Mills label. Troy Mills closed in 2002.

I've not seen another label with the QUALITY CLOTHING written around the curve like that.

At a guess it's made from mid 80s to late 90s/early 00s.

This jacket was made in January 1994.

it has also the newer acrylic lining and not the older styled reused Troy blanket lining as used until early 70ies. Your hacket must have 2 additional side pockets like introduced by Levis at around mud 80-ies!

Your hacket has ab awesome denim evolution. Keep it alive for ever

This jacket was made in January 1994.

it has also the newer acrylic lining and not the older styled reused Troy blanket lining as used until early 70ies. Your hacket must have 2 additional side pockets like introduced by Levis at around mud 80-ies!

Your hacket has ab awesome denim evolution. Keep it alive for ever

I assume the date because of the "0194" in the numbers on the tag?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some opinions here...

I picked up a Samurai S0553OG (Type III), but I'm not sure the fit is right for me. It's a bit boxy and pretty baggy in the arms, and I was imagining a bit more tapered body and slimmer arm.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cut like this, or brands I should consider? I've looked a bit at Flat Head and Iron Heart as well but haven't settled on anything.

Big John KURO2 runs on the slimmer cut side. Also the BlueOwl x Momotaro BOM009 too. Tried those both on last week when trying to determine what I want to get as my denim jacket.

@MrWest I would recommend Iron Heart! I bought one of the IH-526Jod which is essentially a classic Type III w/out pockets using their signature 21oz denim overdyed black. Judging from your picture, it appears Iron Heart type IIs fit slimmer than Samurai and may be what you're looking for. Below are a few fit pics.tumblr_ndc2s3asqa1qa9d7qo9_1280.jpg

KOQtdj6.jpg[/img]

Edited by ReverendGlasseye

I know SelfEdge is doing another type III in the overdyed denim with hand pockets too, which is the one I've got my eyes on at the moment.

Still trying to think of more options for when I finally do make the denim jacket jump, the Samurai OG jackets look solid too.

I really like the overdyed denim so I'm leaning towards that, but we'll see what else pops up this fall.

I'm also really intrigued by the Stevenson engineer jacket, it's just a bit more different than anything else out there.

Thanks for the photos @ReverendGlasseye! That helps a ton. The fit looks great. Exactly what I'm looking for. I have been eyeing the Flat Head Type II also, but one concern for me with Type II jackets in general is that I don't want the pleating to look messy after years of wear. The Type III seems like it would just stay a bit cleaner looking.

@Broark, is this the IH you're talking about?

http://www.selfedge.com/iron-heart?product_id=1197&limit=81

@Broark, is this the IH you're talking about?

http://www.selfedge.com/iron-heart?product_id=1197&limit=81

Nope, that's the grey weft loom state denim they did earlier this year.

I have a pair of the 633s in that denim and it's great.

Here's the upcoming one I mentioned:

Another run of IH overdyed Type III w/ hand pockets is coming in December.. 

Mrwest I have that SExIH jacket with the gray weft and it's great. I posted som pre and post soak pics on the iron heart forum back around February. It's a got a nice slim fit and the extra length is perfect if you're a tall dude. It also has a really small cuff opening, which you might appreciate.