What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

David, that is such a nice jacket. I've been eyeing the 11MJ at Aero Leather for a while... what are your thoughts on the jacket?

I love the fit and my overall thoughts are that its a great jacket... ive only worn this jacket three times though... the elastic straps in the arms makes it very comfy too! :)

I love the fit and my overall thoughts are that its a great jacket... ive only worn this jacket three times though... the elastic straps in the arms makes it very comfy too! :)

Elastic in the arms?? I thought there was just elastic in the back, between the shoulder blades. Is that the 'action back' feature? How many pleats are on the back then?

Oh, and since you haven't worn it too much, is it very rigid?

Haha, sorry for the q's, but this is seriously a great jacket...

My father picked this up last night at Self Edge, the day before I flew back to New York. I wanted to show him around the place for kicks, but he ended up digging this Iron Heart denim jacket. It fits him like a dream. I'm jealous I don't fit in this kind jacket like he does. I'll be home in 4-5 months to document the results. :)

My dad is steezy!

ihj_01.jpg

ihj_02.jpg

ihj_03.jpg

ihj_04.jpg

ihj_05.jpg

The iron heart 21oz jacket is the ultimate, really. Some of the other brand jackets like Sugarcane, you put on and you think "hmm I guess thats pretty cool". You put the Iron Heart on and you are like "DAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD". The cut is absolutely perfect

Elastic in the arms?? I thought there was just elastic in the back, between the shoulder blades. Is that the 'action back' feature? How many pleats are on the back then?

Oh, and since you haven't worn it too much, is it very rigid?

Haha, sorry for the q's, but this is seriously a great jacket...

sorry for the delayed answer...

yea I ment the action back feature, there are just two pleats, one left, one right and its quite soft so its very comfy. :)

jcollection1-18-07.jpg

i changed up my denim wall for a minute: wrangler blue bell repro, vintage big yank western style selvage, vintage roebucks 51235 selvage, levi's 70506, prps, vintage lee cord

Chicken, your denim top collection is as sick as your jean collection. I can't wait for you to post your shoe collection. Or book collection, or plant collection…

Chicken, your denim top collection is as sick as your jean collection. I can't wait for you to post your shoe collection. Or book collection, or plant collection…

thanks man. then you might also be amazed with my bonsai collections. but my question is, when are you posting your collections?

i can't tell from pics but do any of these type 1, 2 or 3 jackets have pockets on the side that you can put your hands in (similar to a zip up hoodie)?

my 70506 has two side pockets. they're generally not regarded as highly as the ones without, though.

As discussed before; I think it can look really good, as I have seen. But, I have many times had teh intent to wear my jean jacket with jeans, I put it on, and end up looking in the mirror and saying na-ah. I just can't seem to do it without looking like an ass.

I'm in the same boat .. years ago I bought two denim jackets, and to this day I haven't worn them out, and I don't think I ever will, because I feel like I look like a moron wearing jeans and a denim jacket.

thanks man. then you might also be amazed with my bonsai collections. but my question is, when are you posting your collections?

Chicken, I'm a bit shy.

But your collections are dope. Some, which has to be seen in person to truly appreciate them. I like how your stuff doesn't follow anything trendy. It's very unique. Not an A.P.C. in sight.

Here is a pic, though not very good, of a Type 2 jacket i found in black the other day. It says it is "rinsed" whatever that means, but it feels very rigid to me.

P1010005-2small.jpg

Is that the lined one the GAP eas selling in it's 1969 collection? I bought one but the fit was not flattering on me (I REALLY tried to like it but no go), so I returned it.

-Jake

Chicken, I'm a bit shy.

But your collections are dope. Some, which has to be seen in person to truly appreciate them. I like how your stuff doesn't follow anything trendy. It's very unique. Not an A.P.C. in sight.

i do have to admit. i do have an apc ns in my collection. but i think i've graduated that.