What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Just dug up this deadstock 1971 44 Long Lee jacket

LeeJacket.jpg

^^ Cinch:

A super great find. Those Lee denim jackets are my top favorites besides the Lee Storm Riders

And it has just my favorite size Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!

I'm just so jealous to you!!! Take care on them (means: Keep them dry)

Thanks!

Found one for sale and they have the shoulder at 21 inches; does that sound right?

yeah. Earlier this week I picked up one on sale on ebay. It's newer production (2009 or later). I just measured the seam that runs across the back between the shoulders and it's 20 1/2". It's been washed once on regular cycle, cold. I have an older one from 2007 (that's been through two soaks and two washes), and it measures 21" across that same seam. So, they narrowed the shoulders slightly on newer jackets (not a bad move IMO). Chest on both is 52", and they're both 22 3/4" down the front of the body. I expect the new one to shrink maybe a tiny bit more through the waist, and maybe length (body and sleeves), and that's it. Be prepared, LVC's pre-WWII denim is much lighter than what most people on sufu are used to dealing with. And the 506XX is a short waisted jacket (should sit just below the belt when worn with a proper vintage fit pair of jeans). Great jackets though, my 2007 506XX is my favorite denim piece.

Never saw this Big Johnjackets so far.

Some interesting details on them

Never saw this Big Johnjackets so far.

Some interesting details on them

yeah, i really like the look of their denim . . . i was interested in ordering a pair of their m3 jeans, which are shown in that pic (same material / color as the jacket), but for whatever reason their inseams measure 32" which is way too short for my needs

Hey guys. I found a medium Levi's 78500 denim jacket at home. Can you guys tell me about this model?

I noticed that the arm hole is humongous, it measures 12 inches. It's as big as the thighs for my jeans! Does it shrink and should I soak it if I decide to wear it?

Hey guys. I found a medium Levi's 78500 denim jacket at home. Can you guys tell me about this model?

I noticed that the arm hole is humongous, it measures 12 inches. It's as big as the thighs for my jeans! Does it shrink and should I soak it if I decide to wear it?

Do you have any pics?

yeah, i really like the look of their denim . . . i was interested in ordering a pair of their m3 jeans, which are shown in that pic (same material / color as the jacket), but for whatever reason their inseams measure 32" which is way too short for my needs

Oooh too bad for you. Strange that they don't come in longer sizes......

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Yeahh can't wait to see more updates on this jacket

Its hard to follow neitenhosen, but here is my sample jacket made from white oak 15 oz denim, worn and washed a whole lot

7058649197_67c0eb98b2.jpg

7058650047_afd997b2d3.jpg

6912564630_722a8e0cd9.jpg

Selvedge track

7058644679_0fd8a4f573.jpg

Really love the way the old buttons coating comes off to reveal the brass color

6912562338_61b9ac0715.jpg

Hand branded patch

7058648067_1824675f66.jpg

Edited by corporalclegg

`

Corporalclegg: promising fadings with tons of life left

Need some help on sizing..looking for an authentic Levis or Lee denim jacket in small size. But if the sleeeves are right size, the body is short. if the body is short, the sleeves are too long. Can anybody with vintage experiences let me know which sizento get? Should I just buy a Japanese lvc and over & done with.

also, if anyone has a small jacket for sale..pm me for details.

Edited by flex

Aren't the old and repro jackets generally pretty short? As that's how people dressed back in the day? They didn't have skinny ultra low rise jawnz. Unless you are just really tall haha

If you're very short with very short arms it depends, if you have a very slim body to fit in a small sized jacket like Lee or Levis chest 34 or 36. But even then, the sleeves will be most likely too long.

Perhaps you just wear the jacket with cuffed sleeves?

That's true. You can recocnize them without adjusters, at least in the older days.

But I'm not so familiar about Lee youth sizes in our days now

• 1 month later...

Not your typical denim jacket, I'll post a few more pics to show the detailing (blue fading, blue plaid fannel pockets, lining, etc) soon but for now here is how it looks. Not raw (I don't think anyways) but it is fading blue as I mentioned so I felt it deserved to be shared.

Canadian Tuxedo (N&F Red Core, Vintage Denim Shirt cuffed over my denim jacket)

524938_10150142801854967_508069966_1710496_1769445101_n.jpg