What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

How do you wear a denim jacket with jeans without looking like you're wearing the dreaded Canadian tuxedo?

It's strange, but it looks okay on some people and not others. For some reason I've always got away with it, but maybe that's because I tend to favour a more vintage style.

sam113, can you post pics wearing the Atelier LaDurance Royal jacket? I tried it on at a store, but I didn't really get to see how it looked on me. I was definitely digging the Novelty jacket, though.

ASAP. 5678910

How do you wear a denim jacket with jeans without looking like you're wearing the dreaded Canadian tuxedo?

When it gets colder you can layer it with a hoodie.

Also, that Sugar Cane Type 3 is awesome. I want it now, but I really don't think I could justify another jean jacket.

And Stalker, that vintage one is pretty great. I got a similar one from my dad, but it's small e and has hand pockets. Your dad's jacket beats my dad's =(

LVC fall 06 1897 blanket lined pleated blouse. Also looking around for a raw type II either from LVC or a Japanese repro company...

LVC Japan have just re-issued the Types 1, 2 and 3 raw for this season. I've got a Type 2 on the way, should arrive next week hopefully. It'll be interesting to compare it to the older Valencia Street version.

I am not spitzbrg, obviously, but I believe that is a kakishibu SugarCane jacket; I have seen it elsewhere (not on this site) in that context.

thanks for the info tangerine. i was suspecting it was a persimmon over-dye, but couldn't tell who's jacket it was or who was making it. do you know if sugarcane's still making them?

I'm currently rocking my dad's old jacket. It pretty much embodies the spirit of Levi's, as he wore it while tinkering with his motorcycle (evidenced by the scuffs and oil stains). I think it's from 1969, but I'm not 100% sure.

bigE.jpg

weird, my late 60's type 3 has banana/lemon stitching

here's some pics of the 213 i picked up 5 or 6 (can't remember) years ago at selvedge (when it still existed) in new york. originally it was unwashed.

hope the pics come out o.k. first time i've tried uploading here so forgive me if they're ropey.

Thanks for the pictures.You can still tell that the jacket looks excellent, and I'm guessing fairly rare. The denim Levis used on the 201's was something special.

sugar cane makes a wide variety of denim jackets with many different dying techniques

hawaii work coats

okinawa work coats

etc

aaah, those are nice.

What dying technique do you prefer? I will have to kill you for finding more stuff for me to buy. ;)

Chicken, the pics of the jacket you posted have been around for a couple of years and I have no idea if that particular jacket is still available. Maybe ask Hinoya?

sam113, can you post pics wearing the Atelier LaDurance Royal jacket? I tried it on at a store, but I didn't really get to see how it looked on me. I was definitely digging the Novelty jacket, though.

At long last, here is the Atelier LaDurance Royal Jacket.

royalfront1.jpg

royalback1.jpg

The jacket looks great. I remember why I didn't like them though, there were no hand pockets on the front of the jacket. The detailing and construction on Atelier stuff is top notch, in my opinion.

Sam113, that entire outfit looks dope!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of belt is that? And...what cut/fabric are the Nudies? Any more pics of them? I normally am not a big Nudie fan, but those are looking sweet...

EDIT: As for myself, I have a really nice G-Star raw denim jacket, bluish-green with a big red print on the back. Quite unique, if a little too large for me. Might try to hot wash and shrink it...

dont u think a jean jacket and jean pants is a lil too much denim at the same time?

Too much denim at the same time? I am not quite getting your drift. I don't know exactly what those words mean.