What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Mmm... if it were me I would just not wash it. It's a jacket... they don't get smelly like jeans. I have a 101J which is now about three years old, and has never been washed -- it looks great. If you really need to wash it, you could try cold water, or maybe an organic dry cleaner (who use petroleum solvents rather than perchlorethylene)

headtowall: Awesome jacket! Damn nice looking! Could you maybe post some fit pics?

I think I'll keep the jacket since I got it for 9 000 yen less than in Japan. It's so damn nice!

Please give me some sun and warmth so I can start wearing it!

nice with all the pics they look awsome!!

newman: do you live in sweden?did you get them at sivletto?

i can measure mine after a soak and then we will see the shrinking.

but im waiting just a little while...

Jacoblue: Yeap im from Sweden and yeap I bought it from Sivletto! Mine is a 38 so its one size smaller than yours. And I think it's unsanforized, but I don't care. I want this jacket since it's so damn nice! So I will just not wash or soak it :)

Really nice jacket CTB !!

and Newman the fit is great not to small.

short and boxy its great!

mine is slightly large now, its perfect with a hood or a sweater under,

Im soaking towards the summer hopefully it will look better with a thin shirt after that.

The jacket is really stif now being new and all.

I took a bunch of photos of some jean jackets I have (and, full disclosure, are planning to sell). I wanted to post them here, before they are lost to the almighty dollar.

First up, an ALD lined jean jacket. This one, which I really liked, started, and remained, too small for me to ever wear. But it sure is pretty.

DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1864.jpg

DSCN1862.jpg

DSCN1857.jpg

DSCN1863.jpg

DSCN1861.jpg

DSCN1856.jpg

With all the Type II jackets in this thread lately, I thought this x-post was germane. Here's the LVC Type II jacket I have. It's a size 48 and too big, hence I've decided to sell it. A 46 would have been perfect. I got it used - it had been washed once, and I have not washed it subsequently.

Anyway, on to the pics. The denim has a very nice look I think. Notice in the detail shots.

DSCN1827.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

DSCN1831.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

DSCN1833.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg

DSCN1829.jpg

Here's my final jean jacket, an LVC Japan Wartime Type I. Note the lack of a pocket flap, and laurel wreath buttons.

DSCN1839.jpg

DSCN1850.jpg

DSCN1841.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

DSCN1845.jpg

DSCN1846.jpg

DSCN1848.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

I have the same problem with my LVC jackets (hence their getting sold). How much longer are the Lee jackets in the body, overall?

-Jake

I have the same problem with my LVC jackets (hence their getting sold). How much longer are the Lee jackets in the body, overall?

-Jake

Only a couple of inches, but that's only on this one and the 1944 wartime model, of which I once owned. The important thing for me is they aren't so boxy as the 506xx/213, more of a fitted cut. Mine is a 42", but I take a 44-46. I bought it in 2002 - I got a guy in Japan to buy it and send it to me.