Cheap Monday

youth_culture

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my narrows have been fitting a bit weird lately. Still fine in the thighs and below my kness, but i got some knee bulges which are damn annoying. I find this weird because there's stretch in these and i didnt expect them to stretch much. i'll probably just start washing them more regularly. Anyone else get substantial knee bulges?

What is knee bulge? And how much stretching? Did you size down?

And Icarus, the Denim Bar is currently restocking on CM products. They should arrive in a few weeks. A worker there said he isn't sure what they're getting as of yet.

my narrows have been fitting a bit weird lately. Still fine in the thighs and below my kness, but i got some knee bulges which are damn annoying. I find this weird because there's stretch in these and i didnt expect them to stretch much. i'll probably just start washing them more regularly. Anyone else get substantial knee bulges?

i'm having the same problem with mine everythign else fits fine but the knees are buldging like crazy. i'd rather not wash them cause they're just starting to get nice and worn but i think i might have to. or at least a soak.

If you just plan on washing them, how does the sizing work? Did you buy two or three sizes up, waistwise?

they seem to run a bit big (tight grey herringbone, at least). i usually run a 29, but got 30 and they sag..i dont really wear them much though, a bit too tight for my taste.

im not sure about the raws or regular's.

i just picked up a pair of cinch back japanese selvage cm's. i took the cinch off and gave them a short lukewarm soak, they fit really nice and they are a good back up to my Julian Reds. I have a feeling even though these CMs wont get too much wear I will have them broken in quickly.

Hi, I just thought that somebody maybe wanted to see some faded cheap mondays. These ones is a pair of regular dry (I think!), worn for 4-5 months and washed once. I stopped wearing them right after the wash because it kind of destroyed the fit; it shrunked pretty much, and as I'm not really thin enough for that tight, I just stopped wearing them.

Sorry for the bad pic-quality (crappy cellphone-cam :o)

fronttc2.jpg

backab9.jpg

honeyckq3.jpg

The color is much bluer in reality...

Almost as in this picture

fitbq9.jpg

Hi, I just thought that somebody maybe wanted to see some faded cheap mondays. These ones is a pair of regular dry (I think!), worn for 4-5 months and washed once. I stopped wearing them right after the wash because it kind of destroyed the fit; it shrunked pretty much, and as I'm not really thin enough for that tight, I just stopped wearing them.

Sorry for the bad pic-quality (crappy cellphone-cam :o)

fronttc2.jpg

backab9.jpg

honeyckq3.jpg

The color is much bluer in reality...

Almost as in this picture

fitbq9.jpg

Did you buy your normal size or did you size up?

Too bad, the fading looks fucking amazing.

My cheap mondays tight blues next to apc new cures. Cheap mondays size 31/34, apc size 30, cheap mondays 1 year 6 washes, apcs 2 months 1 soak

jeanfront.jpg

jeanback.jpg

The crotch is pretty ripped on the jeans, but thats cause i dance hard to dnb and breaks :)

They really shrunk when I first washed em, might get another pair in a 32 next.

Are Cheap Mondays worth buying? Would the gods of fashion consider them a jean that one would use while their superior raw denim is in resting? i'd like to purchase a pair but I'm worried about my lack of interest in the jean if it doesnt show much sign of wear.

IMO they are very very comfy, one of the most comfortable pair of jeans I own. I got a pair from a seller on here a few weeks back and I'm getting some nice whiskers and honeycombs, but not much fading.

Will post some pics soon, when I have more time.

But in my opinion, worth getting just for the experience/as an intro to raw denim.

Are Cheap Mondays worth buying? Would the gods of fashion consider them a jean that one would use while their superior raw denim is in resting? i'd like to purchase a pair but I'm worried about my lack of interest in the jean if it doesnt show much sign of wear.

Just look at the thread--heck, just this page--lots of pics of the wear CMs are getting... they're cut ok (flattens my ass tho) and the quality is worth the 35USD I spent on mine (and are better quality than Lux or BDG -- Urban house brands that sell for about the same price), so I'm not complaining. :]

• 2 weeks later...

I am wearing my Cheap Mondays right now. They are "Alive N' Dry" in the regular fit, except they aren't dry anymore, as I put them through one hot wash to attempt to shrink the waist. They are tagged size 32, but feel more like a 33 or even 34. The waist is till incredibly loose, but they don't fall down, so it is bearable.

The overall quality leaves something to be desired. There is already some stitching coming undone on the back pocket, and I haven't even worn them for two weeks.

Overall, I would recommend down sizing at least one, and possibly two sizes for a proper fit. I won't be buying Cheap Mondays again anytime soon, unless I want to pick up some seasonal items, such as white jeans for this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

I impulse bought some Cheap Monday tight Black/45min Stone Wash Dark Grey jeans. They are hella tight on me, ball-crunchingly denim leggings. I'm probably going to sell them on eBay because I don't have the kind of legs for this stuff. However, I'm wondering if they'd stretch at all.... then I might be able to keep one pair.