Cheap Monday

youth_culture

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry dudes, I feel kinda bad "hijacking" or retopping someone's thread especially if their questions have not been fully answered + I thought this might be too many questions to get answered on the small questions thread... soooo here it goes.

I didn't get to go out this winter as planned and make a pilgrimmage to check out Cheap Mondays + sizing etc. I'm still pretty new to the upscale fashion denim scene (mainly been wearing AR kr3ws and levis 511) so I have some noob'ish questions.

I am thinking about buying from blue bee since they ship in US and have my size:

Bluebee

same style on caliroots:

Caliroots

1. want to reconfirm (sorry justice) dark blue tight unwashed is raw? or not raw?

2. anyone have a size 33 or 34 waist in tight dark blue or similar cuts? i need measurements if possible of it layed flat so i can compare with my previous jeans.

3. ok... so as mentioned i'm new to the high end denim scene (not that cheap monday is high end or anything). i've heard people dissing its quality... so am i better off buying my cheapy kr3w or levi 511 jeans? i know it's probably lower end compared to the really slowly woven denim (samurai) or the super heavy raw stuff or selvedge... but i'm just lookin for a cheap, slim fit, non raw, pair of jeans that will not fall apart on me within a year (unlike my levis + kr3ws and they don't even face daily wear, i rotate them out every few days)

thanks so much, sorry to pester with questions.

I have those. They're raw, and they wear in incredibly fast... You need to get 2 sizes bigger than your waist size I think. I'm a 29 and I got a pair of 32x34's and they fit great, and they're still VERY slim.

The quality isn't that great, but it's acceptable for the price I think... The material is thin and the stitching is not that great. They'll last you a year at least, but they'll fade quickly with daily wear. That isn't necessarily bad though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wear a 30/34 in Nudie Thin Finns Dry and they fit comfortably but tight enough that I don't need a belt after a few weeks of stretching, but I'm not sure what size I need for the Tight or Narrow styles of Cheap Monday.

From what I've heard I was thinking a 31 or 32 size waist would be right, but I'd like to be able to wear these comfortabely after it shrinks. Does anyone have any experience in this area as I've heard they shrink like whoah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Which one do you think is better, Cheap Monday Narrow or Tight jeans?

Im planning to buy my 1st Cheap Monday online so can anyone describe how both jeans are like, and also how bout the sizing? Does it run small? Im wearing 25 in my Nudie, what size of mondays should i get?

Thanks for the help!:)

I'm wondering if anyone has the Cheap Monday's in Sand Dollar. Are they see-thru?

http://caliroots.com/system/search/product.asp?id=8262

The brighter white CMs have dark stitching, which I'm not feeling.

I'm looking for white or near-white jeans for summer, and the CMs seem like a good option due to price. I can't see dropping big bank on some whites, as I will annihilate them quickly.

thanks!

-tepr / brooklyn

As a response to those of you wondering about the fit of the regular black raws, I would suggest going down two sizes. My waist is a 31-32 and I bought a pair in 32 (last pair, on sale). Even after an agressive shrinking in the dryer they were too big to stay up on their own. Keep in mind that these are not a very slim jean, although they have a lot of taper their will likely be some room around the thighs. Unless you are a bodybuilder or something.

I went down about 3 sizes on my regular raw. I normally wear a 30, these are a 27 and have stretched a ton, so much that I need to wear a belt with them. The denim is black, and after a couple months of hard wear, shows almost no sign of fading. I love the fit and the denim is nice, but the construction isn't great.

Here's a couple pics I already posted on WAYWT:

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

so i hear cheap mondays run big, but i also hear that they run small? i'm going to just assume they run big thanks to your story

so since i'm a 34 usually, i can pull off a 31w just fine then? since your 27s stretched so much that you hd to wear a belt.

Does anyone know where to get the tight indigo cords other than Caliroots? They are out in my size.

my narrows have been fitting a bit weird lately. Still fine in the thighs and below my kness, but i got some knee bulges which are damn annoying. I find this weird because there's stretch in these and i didnt expect them to stretch much. i'll probably just start washing them more regularly. Anyone else get substantial knee bulges?