Cheap Monday

youth_culture

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have two pair. a black and grey. don't know the model numbers but they are slightly stretchy and fit very tight. ive had them for 8 months and they have experienced daily wear. i have a rip in the crotch and the stitching on the back pockets is coming undone. i recently washed the blacks and am impressed with the results considering the cheap stretch denim. i got mad honeycombs man.

Just grabbed a pair of black overdye skinnies; had to size up from my true waist because they were ball crunchingly tight, even with the stretchy. After two days or so they're super comfortably hanging on my hips and have a great slouchy look. I'd def try a pair on cause they differ in fit quite a bit model to model.

I have a pair of raw CM's, and the dye ran in them at first. I had to wash them once or twice before it stopped. I got these quite a while ago so they may have fixed that problem now...

I ordered a size 31/ 36 (OD Black Stretch) from caliroots becuase it was the only waist size they had. If i wanted them really tight i could have gone for a 28 but the elasticity in the hips hold them in place. And they have the tight/slouched appearance of the dior 05 look, so i'm happy with them. My waist is generally a 30 in most jeans, that might have been better but i'm happy with these, a little put off by the spandex but its not noticable to the stranger and its the fit that counts. They're not as tight as i thought, particularly in the lower legs, but i have very skinny legs and that was actually in the cut that i was after.

I have a pair of raw CM's, and the dye ran in them at first. I had to wash them once or twice before it stopped. I got these quite a while ago so they may have fixed that problem now...

Did you wash them in hot or cold water? Right way or inside out?

I gather that washing them in very hot water, inside out, will minimise dye loss. While maximising shrinkage. Which is what I'm looking for with my new dry tight pair.

One thing I'm undecided on is whether to dry them in the sun or shade. I know shade's the go for dark shirts but you obviously don't want them to shrink. Also, you're not hanging them inside out.

And I know that heat helps the shrinking process...

i haven't felt the raw CM, but i have the "Korallaner" wash in 32-34 and the waist feels huge to me...they are perfectly fitted around the thighs, calves, and ankles, and the length is great so it bunches plenty at my shoes, but i have to wear a belt with them because the waist is so big that it always falls down. I HOT washed them a couple of times to see if i could shrink it down a little but the stretch-spandex wasn't having any of it. I also have a really cute deep U-neck t-shirt from cheap monday

and a black t-shirt with fishhooks screened on chains on the left shoulder. The CM shirts seem cut a little short to me...if i raise both my arms it exposes my midriff a lot, so thats no good.

Okay, so I washed my (almost) brand new pair yesterday and dried them overnight. I went for the hot wash inside out, dried in the shade right way out.

They came out very crisp (but not as stiff as they were when I got them). They bled yellow a bit (the starch) but lost virtually no indigo. The waist dropped down a little, but they are definately more fitted in the legs. Also, they bunch a lot nicer at the bottom.

Pics soon!

Cheers,

Eden

Did you guys go up or down a size than what you usually get?

You can do both, depends how you want them to fit. The spandex allows you to do whatever. If you want em really tight size down, if a tad slouchy size up or inbetween stay with your normal size. One thing about waist band though, the legs seem to be tight whatever you buy, and its the waist band that will change. I wish i got a smaller size (or my true size) becuase the waistband isnt tight enough really.

• 1 month later...

Can't say I'm a huge fan from the pics. I'm not digging the back pocket design at all (and I don't usually make a point of hating on back pocket designs... I'm fine with nudie, imperial, basic evisu...)

The cut's not the sort I'd wear, but I guess the denim seems ok. A bit hard to tell from the pics.

Sorry for being a hater! ;)

I was also thinking about these CM selvege jeans. Mainly cuz of price and availability.

http://caliroots.com/data/product/images/62922006931117295737629_L.jpg

http://caliroots.com/data/product/images/6292200693111730470365_L.jpg

A bit cleaner style of backpockets and such, AND the selvedge is on the inside which is both interesting and weird. Ive tried these on, and they are really large in W sizes. Anyways, opinions on denim quality? Im sort of a noob, but the denim atleast was heavier than the usual CM regular jeans.

I like them actually. I think I like the ones without the cinch better. No...I like them both. I think they would be better with a denim cinch instead of leather though. I like the buttons on the waist band. I have an old pair of redlines with gold suspender buttons on the waistband and it looks kinda of cool. I like baggy jeans sometimes though.