Cheap Monday

youth_culture

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like most of the fit of the CM Alive n' Dry that I have been wearing for the past two months, beside the one draw back. At a size 32 -- 2 down from my true waist -- they tend to cause a fair amount of resistance on my upper thighs when I squat or do anything that requires me to spread my legs (e.g. mounting my bike). At times I feel like there going to split open. I don't know if the problem here is that I sized down to much, or if it is a common thing with the Alive n' Dry cut, but I don't want that similar sensation with my next pair of raw denim. Is this a common issue with Alive n' Dry when one sizes down two? BTW, I don't think I could have pulled off a 33 as the 32 had a 35" waist even after an initial soak (had to soak to get rid of that 36 inseam).

• 5 weeks later...

thread revival

I recently bought some Regular Used Dry from the AW06 season from a member here. I also used to have the Alive and Dry from the SS08 season. The only different I can see is the leather patch, with the old ones having like a hairy hand, and the new ones having just a skull. But the ones from AW06 were A LOT softer then the SS08. I liked the stiffness the SS08 have. Is this normal? or is there a defect in the wash or fabric.

thread revival

I recently bought some Regular Used Dry from the AW06 season from a member here. I also used to have the Alive and Dry from the SS08 season. The only different I can see is the leather patch, with the old ones having like a hairy hand, and the new ones having just a skull. But the ones from AW06 were A LOT softer then the SS08. I liked the stiffness the SS08 have. Is this normal? or is there a defect in the wash or fabric.

yoooooooo?

• 4 weeks later...

just want to throw this sizing tidbit out there:

i owned a pair of 32x34 regular fit in alive in dry which felt about two sizes too big

i am currently wearing size 32x34 tight od black, and they fit perfect.

so, in summary.... size down at least once, maybe twice with the regular alive'n'dry fit

go true to size, or maybe up one to slouch for the tight fit.

just want to throw this sizing tidbit out there:

i owned a pair of 32x34 regular fit in alive in dry which felt about two sizes too big

i am currently wearing size 32x34 tight od black, and they fit perfect.

so, in summary.... size down at least once, maybe twice with the regular alive'n'dry fit

go true to size, or maybe up one to slouch for the tight fit.

• 3 weeks later...

I went true to size on the tight unwashed (32") and i've been wearing them for 10 minutes and decided they're just too tight.

From reading here it seems they don't really stretch so I guess I'm gunna return 'em and get the next size up. Problem is the website doesn't have 33's stocked anymore, so does anyone know where I can get some?

pic 1 | pic 2

I went true to size on the tight unwashed (32") and i've been wearing them for 10 minutes and decided they're just too tight.

From reading here it seems they don't really stretch so I guess I'm gunna return 'em and get the next size up.

The waist will stretch out.

If you mean the legs are too tight then go up a size, but in your pics it seems like they fit right.

ok cheers for the input, I'm gunna keep. I guess 'cus it's my first pair of real tight denim I'm just not used to it. Still interested in how the 33s would fit, so I might buy them too when I find somewhere that has them stocked.

I went down about 3 sizes on my regular raw. I normally wear a 30, these are a 27 and have stretched a ton, so much that I need to wear a belt with them. The denim is black, and after a couple months of hard wear, shows almost no sign of fading. I love the fit and the denim is nice, but the construction isn't great.

Here's a couple pics I already posted on WAYWT:

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

This is how I would like my cm's to fit, I'm a 30, should I go for 28?

I could do the same, but I have bigger thighs, I'm afraid sizing down that much will get tight in that area.

I also have pretty large thighs...from being a ballet dancer (occupational hazard), and mine seem to fit okay. I'm a 32 in apc -- and I got a 31 in cm. I've only worn them for half a day and they've relaxed a little.

so i take from jayrock, and others, that if you have actual skinny legs you are safe to order true to size in tight unwashed for a good, slouched fit? i am normally a 28 and i have rather skinny legs. i think "snozepp's" looked good after stretching but then again i think i'm smaller than he is. should i still size up to account for massive shrinkage? also what exactly is "italian" unwashed

are they these: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=DC034DA1698A52766D0F99CF9EC8E495.app13-node2?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=13715636&parentid=W_APP_BRANDS_CHEAPMONDAY&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=364&navAction=poppush&color=

as opposed to these:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=DC034DA1698A52766D0F99CF9EC8E495.app13-node2?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=13644471&parentid=W_APP_BRANDS_CHEAPMONDAY&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=364&navAction=poppush&color=

the former would appear to be tighter yeah?

sorry for dumb questions