Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

@timpoblete:

They had the peacoat and sleeveless hoodie in grey, the red tiger fleece and the leather deerskin hoodies, thermals in white and grey, a few tshirts in black, and the "old/new" hoodies in white, black and red (the ones that are chopped in half, distressed on one side and sewn back together.)

I didn't see anything I needed to have so I didn't pick anything up. If they had the shawl collar and that duffel it would have been a different story. The red tiger fleece looks great, but red isn't really a good color on me.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was at american rag, and I was really dissapointed in their selection. I was looking for the shawl collar, slim fit hoodes, and the pinstriped hoodies and they didn't have any of those. They didn't have any v necks either i don't think. The red tiger fleece is really cool though. If i saw it in a slim fit hoodie i would get it immediately. But yeah, the classic fit is kinda eh in the arms. I have a shawl collar on reserve with peasent that I am looking forward to

I was in NDG today and they had the full line of W+H... slim fit hoodies, jackets, shawl collars, sweaters etc. They also had about half their mainline with most of the best things coming out this season still missing.

The coats are very cool. Minya isn't exaggerating about the coat. Very cool details with a nice slim fit.

I picked up a Wings & Horns WRC jacket this summer that'll be a good outer layer for winter or I would have grabbed one of the W+H jackets. Hopefully I'll be able to get it out of my mind before I cave in and go back to purchase it.

i called famous friends earlier today and they haven't received their shipment yet. they said they would e-mail me if got in the duffel coat.

I'm 90% sure that Donnell mentioned that Uncle Otis would be getting the Duffel coat this Thursday. Would check it out. Great guy and great store. They should be getting in a bunch of stuff, including the pinstriped hoodies as well.

Just e-mailed uncle otis to see what they're getting and their price points. How much is shipping usually from Canada to the US?

Not really sure about shipping. The pricepoints are reasonable. I think that the W+H tiger fleeces were $180, which is $161 USD, a little lower than the US (well, NYC specifically) prices.

Uncle Otis won't be getting the black pinstriped hoodie as Nomad supposedly had a Toronto exclusive on it. I'm sure they're getting the duffel coats though but keep in mind their prices are a teeny bit higher in my experience.

Hmmm... wierd. You could be right, but I am nearly certain that I told that that Uncle Otis was getting the black pinstriped hoodie. They are getting the grey striped one for sure (I asked about that one specifically, and they checked the order sheet for me.) Donnell read off a lot of stuff to me (really good guy, btw) and I am 90% sure that he said that they were getting the black striped hoodie. I could be wrong though.

In other W+H/Wings & Horns news, Peasant (here are well as on Styleforum) will be getting their stuff soon, probably later this week or next, including the shawl collar sweatshirt. I have a medium one reserved, and someone else does as well, and one of the Carissa told me this morning that they've been getting a lot of inquiries, so I'm not sure how much stuff is not spoken for. Both Brian and Carissa are good people, and they deliver for less than most NYC ($10 or something, vs $12-$20 from other places). The prices quoted on Styleforum.net are also lower than the prices at NdG and American Rag. Not sure if those are for members only or open to everyone.

*shrugs*, just being the messenger. By the way, thanks again for checking on that A.P.C shit for me last time LAG.

Yeah... just wanted to make sure of my own info too. Sorry that A.P.C. stuff didn't pan out, btw... If you are interested, I'll PM you on the other SF when there is another sale there (they go 40, then 50, then 60% off. Of course, less choice at the end.)

Yeah... just wanted to make sure of my own info too. Sorry that A.P.C. stuff didn't pan out, btw... If you are interested, I'll PM you on the other SF when there is another sale there (they go 40, then 50, then 60% off. Of course, less choice at the end.)

that would be great, thanks!

can someone tell me or pm me this juicy tidbit?

does anyone know if uncleotis will be getting slim fit w+h hoodies, then? i would have preferred one of those but could settle for a classic fit, which is all that nomad has for some reason.

I'm not sure, but they will have their stuff in on Thursday, and on the floor Friday. I'm pretty sure of that.

Love the feedback guys. I thought you all would get a rise out of the duffles and peacoats!

And I'll bring up the sizing issue with Design and QC at the next meeting.

So!

I spoke to the Design team and have been informed that the change in fit in the Classic Fit hoodies have been altered.

Apparently it's not just the arms, but the entire garment has been tweaked to differentiate it more from the slim fit. So, the chest measurements and the length of the garment have become a hair more generous, and the arms just a little bit more. Going over the specs, the changes are about 1 CM here and there, or less.

Before, the two styles were very similar in terms that Slim Fit Large was almost identical to Classic Fit Medium.

So, in order to make the 2 styles of garments more distinct, they've elected to re-fit the Classics toward a more 'traditional' sweatshirt fit, while maintaining the slim silhouettes for the Slims.

And out of curiosity, what do you guys think of the Lampos?