Wings & Horns Fall 2006

minya

Sooo... as the pieces from the new season trickle into stores, I figured I'd upload a picture of a shirt I bought this weekend...

wh06ho7.th.jpg

(pic looks odd because I took it sideways, and then rotated)

Finally, they fit perfectly. Despite having amazing designs for f/w 05 and s/s 06, I wasn't really happy with the fit. Now it's spot-on. I'm a size medium, and it's very long, but very slim -- I'd say 19" pit-to-pit. It looks great. Also new is the leather detail on the side bottom hem. Unfortunately, the detailing means a price increase, as well....

Other designs I saw included a picture of Jean Reno, with a bunch of weird drawings inside his head, a great Eve/apple/serpent print, and something else very large, and very intricate.

I can't wait to see the hoodies.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out a bunch of stuff at Famous Friends the other day; picked up a black vneck. The fit is definitely perfect now; cut is great, sleeve length is great, etc. There's a seam down the middle of the back on both the vnecks and stripey sweaters I saw, and random other interesting techy details. I like the new direction/aesthetic, hopefully the hoodies will be on point as well.

I checked out a bunch of stuff at Famous Friends the other day; picked up a black vneck. The fit is definitely perfect now; cut is great, sleeve length is great, etc. There's a seam down the middle of the back on both the vnecks and stripey sweaters I saw, and random other interesting techy details. I like the new direction/aesthetic, hopefully the hoodies will be on point as well.

Those are actually "W+H" (notice the plus sign)... which is the new name for Spruce.

Kinda confusing, but there was a problem with the name "Spruce" hence the namechange. The final idea is to represent both brands as two sides of the same coin (W+H the clean/minimal/basic style, W&H the more detailed/'rockstar' style)... cool stuff either way. I agree, the v-necks are beautiful.

hoodies? think of visvim FBT and stretch your imagination :)

as for online store, i've heard that an online store in europe is gonna carry them starting this season, but i'm not 100% sure on this at the moment. but if they do, the price should be reasonable.. the power of tax free (hint hint)

North American stockists for W&H/W+H, 2006:

American Rag (SanFran, LA)

Carve (LA I believe)

Famous Friends (NYC)

Fred Segal Manhattan

Goodfoot (Toronto)

Huf (San Fran)

Kicks (Hawaii)

Nomad (Toronto)

Nom De Guerre (NYC)

Klasse LA

Peasant (not sure -- NYC?)

Uncle Otis (Toronto)

Oh wow, had no idea about that difference. "Spruce" is no more?

Right, but all the same products, including the superfuture staple -- tiger fleece hoodies -- are returning, just under the "W+H" brand. Check the back of your new shirt ;)

thanks for posting up minya

didnt know nomad got their shipment yet

i dont find the tees anything special, but if the fit is as nice as u say, that might be worth checking out.. to be honest that graphic doesnt nothing for me, same thing with most of their tees..

i can respect the detailing and quality of their cut and sew garments like hoodies and such

how much was the v-neck all of u are raving about?? id love to check that out

from what i gather from the thread, those stores have not received their hoodies yet, but just the t-shirts?

Yeah, the hoodies are in the mail now, but they should be arriving any day now. I'm pretty sure W+H/W&H hoodies were shipped together.

(simultaneously, I mean -- not every store that carries one brand will be carrying the other, that is....)