Saint Laurent mens S/S 14 - Paris

bill

it seems as they have changed production of the denim from japan to italy this season

for the s/s14 wool trousers and faux leather pants, a recurring theme appears to cropped / shorter inseams.  anyone know approximately how short this, in person?

also, is there anything different with the jeans, aside from new washes?  why is there a pre-order for "new" black 15.5cm jeans when they appear to be the same as these existing ones?

• 2 weeks later...

Eyeing the new cardholder wallets. Full grain black leather with high shine pebble embossing. The previous years were flat black calf.  The new seems to thin the top bar somewhat and maybe decrease the size of the embossing. It's clear that they are imitating the grain of sting ray.

Which seems the better looking? I'm also wondering about the long-term look of the pebble vs the calf.

Images of the Wallets for comparison.

KfRrlu5.png

qRtDgZu.png

KTBxXX0.png

Edited by Autarch

I personally don't think the wallets/cardholders are that good of a deal for the quality. If you can find a billfold for $150-$200 that would be fine, or a card holder for under $125, but more than that and you're just paying for the embossed stamp. The wallets and cardholders are the exact same ones used for Balenciaga, etc. For about the same price you can get an hermes cardholder or spend a little more on a wallet that has infinitely better materials and craftsmanship. 

Hedi has been doing destroyed denim for 10 years, and with the popularity of them for aw13 I seriously doubt they're going to go away. There's a few pairs I've seen so far for spring, one in light blue and one in a bleach-y white. There's still quite a few pairs of the aw13 destroyed jeans floating around in various sizes.

Edited by jdemotion

The super-skinny silhouettes look a bit tired, tbh, and he always reissues what he did for the last collection, with slight alterations to fit the theme or 'trend'.

I can bet that the next collection (and many after) will have a theme that a biker jacket will work within. There seems to be no actual creative development or change, just financial development which don't get me wrong is great but... 

I liked that he has reopened the atelier though, the fit of everything seems to be much better.

• 1 month later...

This video is amazing, if only because it's Hedi directly calling out his critics. "If you don't like rock n' roll then I don't like you" and the only color in the video being of Los Angeles's iconic palm trees. This is Hedi saying that he's gonna do whatever the fuck he wants, wherever he wants, and if you don't like it, that's just too bad.