Saint Laurent mens S/S 14 - Paris

bill

Wow, most of these looks like crap. Its definitely one of Hedi's worst. A 2.0 of the Spring Summer Dior Homme 2006.

Thank god someone else out there hates DH SS 06. Shit looks exactly the same aka terrible. 

EDIT:

Feeling this look with different boots. 

tumblr_mpkck6nm8r1so2t10o1_500.jpg

Edited by Illithid Dude

I happened to see those today as well. If they're actually wearing SLP pieces that's pretty funny...In context, most of it looks nice but can easily be mistaken for great thrift store finds. I'm flat broke but personally I think money would be way better spent elsewhere (on a tailor?).

Anyways, I like the photos.

Aside from maybe one or two pieces (one guy has a scoop neck shirt and blazer), I don't see a single SLP piece, but the inspiration is most certainly there, which is a bit off putting to me. Why buy an SLP denim shirt when you can just get the Lee shirt the models are wearing? This reminds me of something I came across in a Hedi interview for AW13 where buyers were gushing over the varsity jacket only to find Hedi wearing some thrift store varsity. 

before and after pics of the show and after party - http://www.hedislimane.com/diary/

looks like a nightmare and the clothes are even less appealing after seeing this

hedi boyz with guitars and sky ferreira

typical.

1. most of them are are wearing vintage/thrift/rocker clothes (nothing particularly wrong with that)

2. hedi is inspired by this

3. hedi re-appropriates these styles for SL

4. "Fashion = music + youth + sex"

5. $$$

Edited by Vampyrvargfesten

Aside from maybe one or two pieces (one guy has a scoop neck shirt and blazer), I don't see a single SLP piece, but the inspiration is most certainly there, which is a bit off putting to me. Why buy an SLP denim shirt when you can just get the Lee shirt the models are wearing? This reminds me of something I came across in a Hedi interview for AW13 where buyers were gushing over the varsity jacket only to find Hedi wearing some thrift store varsity. 

I've actually read interviews with Hedi where he says that L.A. has the best thrift stores in the world, and that he utilizes them constantly. 

hedi boyz with guitars and sky ferreira

typical.

1. most of them are are wearing vintage/thrift/rocker clothes (nothing particularly wrong with that)

2. hedi is inspired by this

3. hedi re-appropriates these styles for SL

4. "Fashion = music + youth + sex"

5. $$$

You shortened your original post.

Don't need to hide the fact that you are a SLP fanboy.

what's your point? shit's legit because people are buying it? ain't you got a college degree, why you comin with that weak shit

no, you've misunderstood.  

i was responding to the post above regarding the contrived "after-party" and the "lifestyle" hedi has surrounded himself with.

i may have already posted those (obvious) points before in an old post, but i wanted to recapitulate that connection.

those are impressive sales growth figures, and i think they are insightful to share.  

If I was tall, white, skinny, and good looking I could see myself wearing SLP.

But I'm short, brown, and ugly.

Short brown ugly south-asian boys shouldn't try to aspire for something they could never attain.

look at his old dh collections inspired by berlin and rock n roll

and then look at his collections now

literal translation != re-appropriation

like i asked before, why'd you cop pendleton instead of a saint laurent flannel?

According to Hedi, it was around the time he was designing VOTC that he started getting in to rock and roll, and moving away from electronic music. With this in mind, I think there is a clear distinction in pre and post VOTC collections, with the stuff coming in before VOTC having a couture-ish, almost sci-fi quality to it while the post VOTC stuff being much more like jeans and t shirts and suits. Personally, I think Hedi should get back into electronic music, as I feel his best work was all pre-VOTC, though I'm a little worried that we'd just end up getting a dubstep inspired collection. 

• 4 months later...

for the s/s14 wool trousers and faux leather pants, a recurring theme appears to cropped / shorter inseams.  anyone know approximately how short this, in person?

also, is there anything different with the jeans, aside from new washes?  why is there a pre-order for "new" black 15.5cm jeans when they appear to be the same as these existing ones?