Rick Owens mens S/S 14 - Paris

bill

If anything ricks collections have become more tame as the years pass. He seems to be slowly peeling back the layers of his central theme as opposed to what you are suggesting.

am i the only one so narrowminded that i dont get what on earth rick was trying to do. i dont get why it has to get weirder and weirder by the season

edit: i love seeing futuristic, forward thinking collections because i love to think about what humanity will be dressed like about 200 years from now on, i also love ricks simplicity in leather jackets and hope to see more of that, but i just cant get my head around the other stuff

‘Vicious’ was the title of Rick Owens’ latest offering – an appropriate term considering his show opened to the uproar of an Estonian death metal band. As the sounds reverberated through the show space – an industrial sports hall in Paris - it soon became clear that this wasn’t just background noise for Owens, but all part of the performance.

His army of dark urban warriors walked through the space, weaving past the band (and even an upside drummer on a turning podium) to reveal an androgynous collection of leathers, mesh and cut-out garments. Rick’s boys were as otherworldly as ever, some with skin heads and others had long hair – all cast by Noah Shelly. As the final looks appeared on the runway, three members of the band – a former Eurovision contestant known as Winny Puhh – were strapped into harnesses and left hanging on the ceiling, squirming around before eventually silence hit and they were left hanging like dead carcasses. 

ESTONIAN IS LIKE A LUNAR LANGUAGE, IT’S SO ALIEN, SO WONDERFUL - ESPECIALLY THE WAY HE SCREECHES IT. I WAS HOPING IT WOULD BE ALIEN. I SAW THEM ON THE INTERNET, THEY WERE ON THE LAST EUROVISION WHICH I LOVE, THEY’RE FROM ESTONIA, AND THEY’RE JUST AWESOME AREN’T THEY?

Dazed Digital: Let’s start with the question on everyone’s minds…

Rick Owens: Who’s that band?

DD: Yes. You created such an otherworldly atmosphere today...

Rick Owens: Was it otherworldly?

DD: Very much so.

Rick Owens: I was hoping it would be. Estonian is like a lunar language, it’s so alien, so wonderful - especially the way he screeches it. I was hoping it would be alien. I saw them on the internet, they were on the last Eurovision which I love, they’re from Estonia, and they’re just awesome aren’t they?

DD: Yes, what are they called?

Rick Owens: Winny Puhh. I asked them, “why did you name yourselves Winny Puhh?†And they said it was the dumbest thing they could come up with and I totally relate to that. When I got my first tattoo a friend of mine told me, “just a word of advice, it can never be too big or too dumb,†and I said you know what, “dumb lasts forever,†it’s true and it’s still true today.

DD: How did you want to connect the performance and the collection?

Rick Owens: What I love about them is that they have a cheerful aggression. They also have this wonderful over the top limitlessness – there are just no limits in their performance. I love that kind of aggression, it’s a friendly aggression. Sometimes my shows and clothes can seem kind of aggressive, but it’s a cheerful aggression, it isn’t as menacing as it looks. We all love a little bit of menace and I indulge myself with it a little bit.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/16502/1/rick-owens-menswear-ss14

1039655.jpg

1039656.jpg

1039657.jpg

1039658.jpg

1039659.jpg

1039660.jpg

1039661.jpg

1039662.jpg

1039663.jpg

1039664.jpg

• 1 month later...