italy :: rome :: general

GLUK

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Will be in Rome for New Years Eve..

Wtf should I do sufu?

Hi sir, I live in Italy so I'm very acknowledged about things goin' on in Rome. Unfortunately, I gotta tell you that Rome is a very crappy place during New Year's Eve. I mean, there are lot of things to do, but be careful, it gets extremely dangerous with all those KIDS SHOOTING FIREWORKS IN NARROW STREETS, especially in the city center, and with very dangerous I mean at least 1 person dead and 30+ injuries every year (reason why I escape from Italy at New Year's Eve. Beware also of pickpockets.

Regarding things to do, well, just visit, have a stroll in Rione Monti (in between Termini Train Station and the Imperial Forums) and Trastevere, eat pizza at Roscioli in Via dei Chiavari (steps from Piazza Navona) or at Forno Campo De' Fiori (in the omonymous street), and if you want to eat either pasta or other nice italian dishes, visit Alla Rampa (next to spanish steps), Nino (Via Borgognona, few metres from Spanish Steps and next to Balenciaga store), Il Grappolo D' Oro (near Campo de' Fiori), L'Antica Pesa (in Trastevere) and Ad Hoc (near Piazza del Popolo).

Then, if you have time for shopping, but forget if you're stayin' just a few days (it's not worth it), visit Degli Effetti in Parliament Square for avantgarde clothing (Rick Owens, Ann D, CCP, A1923) and Motelsalieri in Rione Monti (CDG Shirt, CDGH+, Raf Simons, Acne, Attachment, Label Under Construction..). These are the only shops worth a visit. All the other nice stores are completely out of reach from the central area..

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...