• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up my care package, unfortunately i cant make out the user who sent it to me, but thank you so much! 

I got

Sense magazine

Origami paper! 

Japanese sweets and snacks

A metal golden gate miniature

firework crackers

and SF coffee! 

The postage was $70, which is insane! 

appreciate it!

kpMvDB9l.jpg

dloKLbGl.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'll organize but i have to inspect all packages first and sometimes items will be seized like in customs or will be subject to inspection for 45 days when i inspect them i wear them out and stuff and eat the asian snacks and i may or may not sell your things to buy an acronym jacket 

I would participate, would also organize if need be

but I would implement a few rules tho.. including one I won't budge on

$20 deposit, will be refunded at end once mission completed. may even earn a few pennies in interest (depending on market) but you won't lose your principal. unless you disappear, then the money does too.

if someone else organizes I'll still participate.

yeah I figure that would kill two birds with one stone

if someone can't complete the swap, esp if you receive a package, the twenty will go towards sending the one who didn't receive it--obviously it is still leaning on someone's kindness to cover rest plus shipping

the twenty also would just be a sign of good faith since it's only held, and will be returned once the item is received.

the only thing that puts me off is the extortionate postage cost to send something international :(

the only thing that puts me off is the extortionate postage cost to send something international :(

if its any consolation its actually more expensive for those of us outside the u.s/canada to send something over your way than it is to send something from the states to another country (i.e. a parcel from melbourne>new york will cost much more than new york>melbourne).

edit: to be fair, it might just apply to australians as australia post continue to get away with charging pure rape international postage fees.

Edited by conqueror

that's the beauty of the swap tho when u have people from all over the world

esp if you've never been there before..that person is bringing a little of it to you & vice versa

you can find things relatively inexpensive that they don't have there that's pretty cool

plus for US u can ship international flat rate..and if not..rick owen shirts are pretty thin and light so shipping probably won't go over 30

but I mean if you want someone domestic to you, whoever is organizing it should be able to accommodate if that's really a make it or break it kinda deal