supertalk6

superfuture is introducing subscriptions on supertalk!
[starting july 23 2013]

there will be 3 member subscriber groups to start with

01 supermember
this is a basic supermember premium group with added user privileges over normal members.
02 superseller
a new premium supermarket group using a new dedicated forum split into WTB and FS. eventually to be able to start a thread in supermarket all users will need to buy a subscription to this group.
03 supermember [+] superseller
you get both sets of privileges.
04 superartisan [starting september 27 2013]

become a superartisan and promote your products and brand. [includes supermember privileges]

plus...
[start date tba]

05 supersponsor
this will be available for existing and future sponsors and advertisers. it includes additional privileges over existing sponsorship.

you can compare the group privileges in this chart.
note: the member group is the existing free membership currently available to all members of supertalk.

sufuscribe now!

post-108409-0-52211200-1374849767_thumb.

in the past few months we have made many tech changes to the site - including monumental server upgrades, software upgrades, PHP upgrades, MySQL upgrades, added SSL certificates, fixed search engines, cleaned up a crazy spam issue, added several new payment gateways and so on. superfuture is now performing better than ever and we now have a lot more capacity for expansion. we can now start working on many other improvements.

ok... so why are we introducing subscriptions?

01 added functionality!
we want to start to offer premium services to users - for example, giving users the ability to upload their own images instead of linking them, letting users hide their posts, delete messages, store more messages, and so on. of course all this added functionality requires bigger servers and takes up greater bandwidth and costs more to operate. if users want better services then we need a way to pay for them.

02 making supermarket better!
we want to provide a premium user supermarket that is better organised and not as crowded. threads can be bumped more frequently and premium sellers will be able to add logos on their avatars and signatures. supersellers will also be easier to identify. to start with, we will keep both the existing supermarket as well as the new premium supermarket for supersellers, but plan to eventually make supermarket premium only.
be aware that premium supersellers will still be subjected to moderation and need to follow the rules or will be banned without refund. moderators are members of supertalk just like you and have full autonomy on laying down the law. please read the rules here.

03 faster custom development!
superfuture constantly needs funding so we can continue improving functionality and work on new tech developments. there are always lists of things we want to do but we often do not have immediate funds to execute them. for instance, we desperately want to improve the reputation system [and reintroduce rep comments from the previous 4.0 databases]. we are also looking at advanced search technology whereby searches can be by brand or by sizes. we also want to set-up an internet shop, organise member events, create newsletter, create other member groups and so on.

04 remaining independent!
despite what some people think, superfuture is still run by a really small team. this is a privately run business and we really don't want to resort to borrowing or venture capital to keep growing. we have managed to run this site debt free for 14 years and by building a subscriber base we just might be able to keep superfuture independent for a long time to come.

sufuscribe now!

ok... soft launching this today...

might be a few tweaks needed but gotta start somewhere...

absolutely no idea what is going to happen...

who is going to be subscriber 000001?

!!

please keep all questions / suggestions / hate / rioting in this thread 

!!

can you make more than one thread in superseller? are you allowed one thread in supermarket and then one in superseller, or multiple?

whilst i see the perks of being a superseller, the supermember 'privileges' seem pretty weak. i guess its more a 'hey, i support sufu' thing (which is fine, nothing wrong with giving back) right? perhaps you could look at reincorporating rep comments and other missed/lacking features that were around in previous iterations of sufu and then making that a supermember feature. just an idea.

Edited by conqueror

yes... well that's is a good question...

might conference call that one with the supermarket mods and get back to you...

from a tech point of view you can... but it might just get too messy and confusing for users?

basically anyone jumping into superseller early is going to have it all to themselves so it might be redundant to post in the old supermarket where posts quickly loses visibility. 

can you make more than one thread in superseller? are you allowed one thread in supermarket and then one in superseller (or multiple)?

yes. that is very much the idea...

it all depends on how much traction this gets... the more subscribers the more things we will be able to add and the faster we can do things... so anyone who is a supermember will get new privileges first... it still might take a critical mass of subscribers to get to base 1. the original plan was to just close supermarket altogether and make supermarket subscriber only - and we still might do that.

whilst i see the perks of being a superseller, the supermember 'privileges' seem pretty weak. i guess its more a 'hey, i support sufu' thing (which is fine, nothing wrong with giving back) right? perhaps you could look at reincorporating rep comments and other missed/lacking features that were around in previous iterations of sufu and then making that a supermember feature. just an idea.

As a suggestion, how about offering Supermembers 10% discount on the Superfuture travel guides and apps ?

Edited by rirawin

to be honest, i dont see enough incentives to subscribe. with the 3 day bump limit in the marketplace, its not flooded anymore. :\

and what happens if, i know its not gonna happen but for the sake of the argument, everyone on the forum joins?

sure. though not so easy to auto implement. we would just have to do manually and will need to think of a way to do this... maybe a link to a supermembers only supershop page with the discounted guides. apps is a bit trickier.

As a suggestion, how about offering Supermembers 10% discount on the Superfuture travel guides and apps ?

yes. once you move to a new group the status bar will automatically change... 

member will automatically change to -->

supermember

post-108409-0-38040300-1374622588.png

superseller

post-108409-0-09762300-1374622609.png

[+] ----*-*---- [+]

post-108409-0-91532900-1374622634.png

superartisan

post-102538-0-76589900-1380441617.png

superseller

post-102538-0-92449600-1380441687.png

this will also be visible as color changes in members online list.

Is there anyway we are able to tell who is a supermember/seller or not?

if everyone on the forum joins, we will have enough cash to invent the next internet.

and what happens if, i know its not gonna happen but for the sake of the argument, everyone on the forum joins?

supercarrot hot deal 001

// launch promotion //

1 free superfuture pdf city superguide [worth $US20] for first 100 purchasers who buy 1 year subscription to
supermember [+] superseller combo group. [cost $US30].

choose your city !! // you can redeem once any time over 12 months.

Tried to purchase

The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

update: have turned cc processing option off again as seems it's still not connecting properly. looking into it...

------------------------

hmm...

looks like debit/cc option had switched itself off...?! though the paypal option is definitely working.

just turned it on again...

invoice is reset to pending... so if you put cc. details in it should work this time...

but if it doesn't let us know...

[you can find invoice in CLIENT AREA in the user pull-down menu at top of this page...]

sorry about that...

!!

Tried to purchase

The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

Edited by superfuture
cc option issues

yo guys. Just subscribed under superartisan. Will someone create an artisan thread in Shopper? I saw the one in denim, but what I'm doing doesn't fit in that category. 

Appreciated.

^

we've been talking about something like this...

it's been beatles initiative to get it going for superdenim but we all agree it could end up more product specific categories and eventually it might even get its own superartisans forum - with all the sub-forums? - ie. superartisan [denim] [footwear] [dildos] etc.

for now though probably best to keep it all in the one thread...

we can always split it up once it fills up...?

Backing this up... The idea was born for superdenim / there's a lot of small start up brands and artisans that can benefit from exposure and sufu loves supporting them ....if there is a demand on other sub forums we will create a like wise thread right there ...

sweet.

so we're gonna have one in supershopper? that's where OkayOkay and I want to post!

what is the 2mb limit uploading to photo posts? is it 2mb per one photo per post, or collectively. gimme examples 

also there needs to be a superbeesubimu 

how/where do i even upload images?

Edited by wEstSidE

^

fyi westside

had to override some permissions...

try now...

if anyone else has same problem let us know...

post-181859-0-44342500-1380439098_thumb.png

fyi darkanimal

the max total global file space for all uploads is currently set at

22MB for supermembers 

30MB for supermembers [+] superseller     [note: 'superseller only' cannot upload]

60MB for superartisans

the per post limit is 2MB though the system resizes images to be much smaller... 

it looks like this...

post-181859-0-03645900-1380439265_thumb.png

Backing this up... The idea was born for superdenim / there's a lot of small start up brands and artisans that can benefit from exposure and sufu loves supporting them ....if there is a demand on other sub forums we will create a like wise thread right there ...

sweet.

so we're gonna have one in supershopper? that's where OkayOkay and I want to post!

what's word on this? OkayOkay and i are really excited.