New York City

Will be going tommorow I've searched found a lot of stuff and just want to get some opinions on my choices of places to go and more recomendations

Shopping

I like the Holden Caufeild, prepschool look with a little streetwear thrown in. So I Want to go to:

Nom De Guerre

Opening Cermony

Barneys

Bergdorf Goodmans

J Press

APC

Cloak

is Dior in NY?

are all those places far apart?

any other reccomendations based on what was listed?

I will probably check out Supreme just because and aNYthing... any other hipster/streetwear places worth going?

Things to do

I will be at the Hudson

I will get around on my skateboard and on the transit system

Do not want to do tourist traps like empire state, staute of liberty, times square etc.

will be with my family for a bit but for th emost part on my own, so what shopuld I do and where should I walk around? any noteworth places to go to during the day.

I will probably want to check the MoMA... any good? anything else?

Is willimasburg worth going to, or are the trustfund hipsters really that bad?

want to do canal street

can I pick up some fake absurd Jordans and or Bapes there or do I have to go other places?

Food/Restaurants/Night Life

planning on going to

Mesa Grill

Asia De cuba

Balthazar

good ideas or Bad? any other good places for dinner?

What about lunch? What about any must have little secrets?

I am 18 so I wont do the bar/club thing so what is there to do at night? Any good concerts from monday to wednesday night?

Thanks for the help

Skating while shopping: Soho streets suck, Lower East Side is okay, Alphabet City is good (go to Famous Friends, but I think they open on Tues or Wed), the West Village has good asphalt. I take Lafayette Street from 14th St to Canal, to skate downtown.

yea definately check Famous Friends. and a few soho stores:

Stussy/HP if you like their stuff.

45RPM, the store interior is crazy

Union

Marc Jacobs

print a map on google and put all the spots on it to figure out a good route.

when youre around Soho, heres a few good places to eat breakfast/lunch etc:

Cafe Borgia, good sandwiches and stuff, I also think they have pasta and some other food. its on Spring st. right off Thompson.

Vesuvio Bakery, a really small old coffee shop run by a very loud older woman that calls everybody honey. lunch was great and I had breakfast once too, great food and funny service. its on Prince st. between w. broadway and thompson.

you might want to strike Bergdorf off your list. If you are going to Balthazar for food, it's overrated - for people watching should still be good. You might want to try Schiller's Liquor Bar instead, it's another McNelly place on LES.

Bergdorf is for more like high end suits and very formal dressing, skip it unless you have so much time and still intrigued by it, trust us. Yeah go to Odin, it's worth checking out too. Famous Friends usually carry labels that we have never even heard of yet, from outside America, and will eventually be talk of the town brands. Mix of streetwear and casual/smart dressing. They've actually gave me a peep on what collection they'll be carrying for Spring 07. Walk across the Brooklyn bridge (15mins) then relax for a breathaking view of Manhattan. That's my touristy tip for you today.

Why no Bergforfs?

What does Famous Friends carry?

How is Odin?

Any other toruist traps that are actually worth it like the Empire State building?

You can go to the top of the rockefeller building. the kicker is that you can make reservations and don't have to wait on line for an hour to get in.

http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/ODTStatic/site.htm?sicontent=0&sicreative=400153010&sitrackingid=3025484

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge is de rigeur! It's the coolest thing you can do as a tourist.

Most of the places are pretty close to each other. Use the Superfuture map and you should be fine. Skip Brooklyn, there's nothing there that you can't get in Manhattan.

Definitely hit up:

Famous Friends (I think they are closed on Tuesday though?)

Odin

Blue In Green

Opening Ceremony

The NYC H&Ms are pretty good too. The Dior store is on 57th between 5th and Madison. I love that store, but I can't afford anything from it.

Balthazar is fucking great. Try Lombardi's in Nolita for the best pizza on earth.

im partial to leshalles

difaras is really good but also really out there in bk

True... but so am I :-) Both DiFara and Totonno are 5 min. drive from me. I like les halles too, I go to the one downtown - it's a good addition to shitty wall street. Nice steak.

So... This is what I though, shops wise:

aNYthing was closed

Rivintgton Club was only sneakers... boring...the store behind it was closed

Supreme had nothing at all

Clientele is only SBs... boring

Opening Ceremony is amazing but expensive

Odin is by far my favourite store... great pieces

the Marc Jacobs was good but no Vans

Went back to NDG and found the entrance... too expensive, no sizes, nothign exciting, no brands other than the house brand and the guy there was cold... the chick was friendly there.

APC was cool too

I loved Bergodrfs, didnt have the patientce for Saks and went to the Barneys Warehouse Sale which was a huge mess but crazy cheap. Will probably go to the real barneys tommorow (upper west right?) and to Dior to get some jeans.

Never made it to Blue in Green... dont care too much for japanese denim.

Didnt go to Famous Freinds maybe will go tomoroow if it is worth the trip. is it? I also want to go to the Meatpacking district

tommorow is my last day. anything I missed and should do tommorow?

Picked up some crazy BAPEs on CANAL. That place is hilarious.

Ate at schillers and Mesa grill which were both good and some italian place whose name escapes me. the donought plant in LES is cool too. magnolia is overrated. Ate at SOHO Garden for a quick snack which was good today.

Never made it to Balthazar but will probably go to Pastis tommorow and hopefully get some good cheap pizza somewhere.

The real Barneys has great stuff right now, I was just there today.

Anything interesting?

To the OP, DO NOT go to Pastis. Unless you want to see 100 Paris Hilton wannabies, that is. The real Barneys is on upper East, not West. You were two tiny blocks away from it when you were in Bergdorf's. And you are right about Magnolia, total crap.

I saw new Ann Dem, Raf, Rick Owens, Cloak stuff since last I dropped by about a month ago, at the coop floor, McQ and Neil Barret, not my style but just found them slightly interesting since they were new to me. I spent time too over the women's section. The Undercover wasn't that bad, I even considered trying on a pair of women's corduroy pants, but I was rushing to get home.