favorite online skate videos

shagnscoob

rodney mullen has no style, and means very little to the real progression of skating. hes like a fucking circus act.

I agree on the no style, but didn't he invent the kickflip? it's a pretty important part of skating

and i still like seeing (short) clips of him because he is one of the only people doing something different at the moment

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the no style, but didn't he invent the kickflip? it's a pretty important part of skating

and i still like seeing (short) clips of him because he is one of the only people doing something different at the moment

yeah, but that was in the 80s. he has made a difference, but not lately. also, the tricks he invented were not in a street skating context, they were flatland freestyle. as far as taking kickflips farther, that would have to go to gonz or natas

I agree that rodney mullen has no style but he did event like half the flatland tricks that people still use. Also at the end of Girl YEAH RIGHT did erik kostan do that 360 flip onto that rail cause it looked like someone with long hair did it cause that was just INSANE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
there was this oldschool Real video I watched back in the day, was one of the first videos I saw...

Tommy Guerero

Kelly Bird

Mark Gonz

Hufnagel

Quim and Mike Cardona

some others.. and my favorite part was Drake Jones... would loooove to see that video again

It's called non-fiction, and it is really funny to me that anyone could refer to a video that came out in 1996 as 'old school'. Good video though.

peep jason lee's spot from video days

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YYEs82NfItI

Wow, thanks for posting that one!! I used to watch it every single day before going skating, but I haven't seen it in about 15 years I think. This video brings back sweet memories..

..and the realisation that I'm really old.

if your going really fast, how do you stop? it seems like the only way is to put your foot down slowly. usually i stop by just stepping off the board and catching it, but that wont work when your going fast...

you just power slide, i'll fuck up your wheels if you do it too often though...

about skating-- how the hell do you slow down wtihout just jumping off the board?

when i just started i'd jump off and start running really fast but that looked goofy as hell and you're liable to smash your face

now i've been skating for a few months and i slide my foot or step on the ground... like i'm going to kick, but don't kick. just step and you'll slow down.

what are the advantages to skating mongo? i see people doing it all the time and it just looks weird to me

Hello all. First post, hopefully it'll be a good 'un. Right I'll start off with some parts from mixtape, they've got the whole thing up on google video but I'll start with my highlights.

, I think this one is so good, check the hardflip at Brooklyn Banks, crazy, and then the ender.

Harold Hunter R.I.P , not a lot more needs to be said

--------------

Then we'll go on to the clips from guymariano.com sooo good. This is only a small selection of what I had clicked on (Quicktime doesn't right now, so my memory isn't too good as well)

Keenan and Gino in Mouse, R.I.P, switch flip at the end, general Keenanness and Ginoness

Bobby Puleo 411 section

Jason Dill - Spitfire video section

Tom Penny - Etnies High Five, seriously the frontside flip down the Carlsbad Gap

Keenan in 20 Shot

Pepe Martinez and Jeff Pang in Skypager

Joey Bast and Drake Jones, switch trés EMB with a snapped deck, crazy.

Welsh - 5 Flavors (stupid American spelling haha)

Keenan - Girl, Las Nuevos Pacos or whatever it's called

--------------

Random footy from the net, which I think is good

, no words really say how good Puleo is.

Rattray in Blueprint's First Broadcast... at this point I should say something like UK represent..., for some reason I prefer this part to

, which has better skating, but Oasis just piss me off.

Was looking for the Julien Stranger part, but found the whole vid. Curtis Mccann as well, crazy video.

Dill in Photosynthesis... one of my all time favourites.

I'm getting tired of typing now and I think that's it

Akura- Nah sorry my Mac doesn't have ripping capabilities haha. You can buy it on officialnewyork.com though.

Finally got to watch it last night and it's so ill. Its only about 50% skating. The rest is just straight up hood shit: titties, ghetto fights, robberies, weed smoke, drunken debauchery etc.

• 3 weeks later...