let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

^ managed to try those on a couple of times. They're definitely interesting. It would've been hard to pass up if I didn't have similar footwear.

The multicolor CL is the one that's apparently selling the best. 

hussein-chalayan-puma-haast-disc-availab

as i've just been looking at lots of acg and that doesn't seem to get too much love round here; something new 

air-jordan-4-stealth-01.jpg

wait for the pyrex kids and s$ap to go mad, lol

air-jordan-4-iv-retro-1999-black-black-c

I personally like the '99 versions better.

Vintage_NIK-Mowabb_02.jpg

Air Mowabbs

Also think a lot of the shoes in this list match this thread:

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2010/03/Jeff-Staples-50-Favorite-Sneakers

wow those '99 4s are pretty sick x_x mowabb's another one. my beaters are the mowabb colorway terminators; kind of led me onto the trail of acg in general now that i think about it. 

agassi stuff is cool. even those ridiculous elasticated waist denim short things with neon pink or green compression or mesh tights underneath are trippy. 

shutting up now before i go too far and sound ridiculous. 

tumblr_mmy8cl0F6V1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

speaking on acg, wore these till the wheels fell off. then kept wearing them til my dog took one of them and ate it or buried it or something.

000_0028.jpg

i believe they're "wild woods."  there was many nice colorways of this.

air revaderchi name is p clever

goodbye

I feel like posting this here would garner better responses than Y/N/T/T threak.

I just got these Footscapes in with the intent to dye the yellow parts black, already have the suede dye for the heel. To my surprise, the sole wasn't white but "natural" - it's very understated in all product photos I saw, which fooled me into thinking the sole was white. The yellow weave and heel suede make the vintage sole very off-putting right now, but I think the off-white sole MAY be less obnoxious once the uppers are completely black.

Curious to see what the oldweird sneaker consortium thinks about this "vintage" treatment on the sole. Should I stick with these and dye as intended or go with the monochrome wool?

124tw93.png

Nike-Air-Footscape-Woven-Chukka-Wool-Bla

Never got the vintage / vintage sole treatment. Why make an old pair of sneakers if you bought them new??

They will get old quickly enough if you want them too. 

On the footscapes I am not a fan of those free soles on them. But I do like the off white better than the whites..

Think  the eyelet ties it in ..

i think that freemotion (or something) sole is pretty cool on the footscape wovens. That off white/natural color is pretty cool, i say go and dye the yellow parts so you aren't rocking an excessively lance armstrong vibe shoe or something. x_x 

alternatively imagining what'd happen if you threw some whites and greys into the woven bit much like third photo... safest still all black tho. haha

apparently peter fogg worked on most of the hyperdunks too
heel-angle_comp_19979-group-shot-line-1.

something weirdly appealing about black reebok questions 
rbk-question-canvas-black-profile-1.jpg

edit
don't know why but i find these strangely appealing too x_x
tumblr_mn8pkh6cSb1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

Edited by gndm