let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

gGgJEtE.jpg

Atmos animal pack air max 95

prnQyul.jpg

Nike Air Zoom Flight 96

pasYY1K.jpg

Ken Griffey Air Diamond Fury 95

that is some kooky ass shit. feels like i'm staring at a sock that's been covered in ultra-thin sole pieces.

fuk a roshe run; get all black city knife 2. #NinjaAsFuk

yeah fuck a roshe, although i think that the women's all black geometrics are pretty cool.  look like issey miyake.

i still want the black knifes.

http://www.kicks-box.com/img/kicks/119/1424/1-nike-city-knife-2-mid-2004-tin-kicks-box.jpg

look lyke garth pugh 4 nike 

Zoom Haven's, Chapukka's, Rifts, Talaria's, Presto's all super dope. Would wear any of those today without thinking twice about it (if the colours are right). 

Will admit that there is some nostalgia at play there.

The low black and red/orange City Knife II is a bit of a grail for me.

I think that was a good couple of years for sneakers, just before they started going heavy on the retro trip.

I looked far and wide for the black Trainerposites when they came out, eventually only found the snake patterned ones.

Hardly ever wore them as they were half a size too big and uncomfortable as hell, still have them somewhere.

Such a bizarre but intruiging shoe and such an odd choice to throw snake print on them.

i-nike-trainerposite.jpg

yeah fuck a roshe, although i think that the women's all black geometrics are pretty cool.  look like issey miyake.

i still want the black knifes.

http://www.kicks-box.com/img/kicks/119/1424/1-nike-city-knife-2-mid-2004-tin-kicks-box.jpg

look lyke garth pugh 4 nike 

perfect. that's how it should be done.

Zoom Haven's, Chapukka's, Rifts, Talaria's, Presto's all super dope. Would wear any of those today without thinking twice about it (if the colours are right). 

Will admit that there is some nostalgia at play there.

The low black and red/orange City Knife II is a bit of a grail for me.

I think that was a good couple of years for sneakers, just before they started going heavy on the retro trip.

I looked far and wide for the black Trainerposites when they came out, eventually only found the snake patterned ones.

Hardly ever wore them as they were half a size too big and uncomfortable as hell, still have them somewhere.

Such a bizarre but intruiging shoe and such an odd choice to throw snake print on them.

i-nike-trainerposite.jpg

hey these look great. you should dig your pair out and use again. i would x_x

and here's the reason why i got interested in jordans

kolor sneaker from s/s 11 (ss 11 lookbook v inspirational to me but that brand's all over the place x_x)

there was a more colorful variant of these on oki-ni before

Kolor_hi_top_shoe-deluxe.jpg

I actually have the maroon (?) colourway of these

3011ydx.jpg

pretty beat up now though

haha no way

but i know what you mean when i first saw them i tried getting proxy sneakers that are kinda same-ish but they never filled that gap. ended up finding them on yahoo auctions jp and the rest i had are rotting away somewhere...

Problem with playing ball in Jordan is

- too ex to scuff them up with serious ball, since I blow through a pair every year

- the older ones aren't as good to play in as cheaper but better options. Old school jays feel like bricks on your feet

saw some shoes from this thread today, thinking about going back and getting these in particular

photo.JPG

they had the iverson's from 96 in there too...

Those look really good, any other pics from other angles?

Nevermind, they're pump fury, I was confused. Yeah, good shoes but they already had a comeback, no?

Edited by Fuuma

the idea of alien stompers are cool but the reebok ones are pretty tame and boring

it would be great if someone actually did a legit futuristic version of ripley's boots 

lqpvtik.png

uuuuuh i'm stumped D: niketalk/crookedtongues would probably get you a snappy answer tho

edit: 
@homme.homme 
funny that you posted those; tried on og for the second time just an hour or so ago. i really like them and really want to like them even more than i already do (so i can cop) but i feel like they look kinda clown shoe-esque on me. think it's the combined factor of my height and lank plus their bulk being focused on the sole and width. something about it just not right ;_; 

i say do it, ogs so nice lol 

i feel like i would like more in em iteration tho (honolulu or rio one would be gr8 to actually handle) 
JAM_8372-2.jpg
also they're so damn comfy and walking in that sole feels amazing

Edited by gndm

nike-air-max-95-neon-og-vntg-release-dat

I've always liked these. In fact I might cop the re-release. The flywire version (below) is kinda cool but I think I will stick to OG.

nike-air-max-95-dynamic-flywire-anthraci

I thought this was supposed to be a thread for old or weird or obscure shoes? Because the AM95 is anything but.

I think they are pretty "weird" for a fashion forum mostly centred around high fashion - especially if they were to be outfitted around a non street-centric outfit. A style released 18 years ago to me is old.

If your a 37 year old who dresses like a teenager in the 90's then perhaps you would disagree.... oh.

97s look fine in silver tho. 

all about the reappropriation i'd say.
adidas mutombos are pretty cool 
tumblr_lpkoiibuAd1qaf7o7.jpg

but i'm really leaning towards copping these (also been wanting to start hiking more so there's more than just the desire to channel semi backpacker swag) 
22381.jpg

edit 
also forgot to say @homme-- if i were you i'd get the rios over the ogs. i know the neon/grey/black 95s are important piece of sneaker history etc etc but imho the rio ones look a lot better x_x 
think i'm pushing it hard 'cause i'm pretty sure you'd kill it with em haha

Edited by gndm

If your a 37 year old who dresses like a teenager in the 90's then perhaps you would disagree.... oh.

Nah, I wear way more ties these days than I did in the 90s. But you do get bonus points for being extra stalker-creepy! +rep!