let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

^air killers really nice. can't afford atm. seem to recall seeing sz 2s and 3s on ebay; running upwards of $600us 

also coming up from dbss f/w 13 is what looks like a slightly lower version of the standard hi-top. only seen in lookbook so far but here it is (on right and left looks)
13aw03.png

Edited by gndmshtlrd

that's dbss? depressing...

saw the y-3 smooth star (posted earlier) the other day and i got (nicely) surprised

048927.jpg

but the toebox is made from rubber...

adidas is bringing back the stan smiths for spring 14 and i'll get myself a pair or two to start the year

asked for the Y's super positions and was told to call the y-3 store in nyc

Yeah that fluorescent accent is the only thing that prompted me to post them. There are a few other variations in the new line up including a studded version but I think the one above is the best. I just find the overall build of dbss to be a little lackluster and these new ones appear to be even lesser quality than their predecessors although it's hard to gauge for sure based on pics... Still want the Killers though x_x

I wish the top moved into a more technical direction too. Had my old RO resoled anyway so don't really need more hi tops.

Junya Watanabe MA-1 Sneakers

tumblr_mrrwzlsTh71socpxeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrrwzlsTh71socpxeo2_1280.jpg

these are reaaly dope anymore information on these? that leather zipper looks like it would get totn up city walking.

nike-air-trainer-huarache-94-1.jpg

these just retroed right the hurache LE or something right???

^agree with you there. converse japan came out with flight jacket highs recently. cigar pockets, i think they were called? not bad imho.

these just retroed right the hurache LE or something right???

indeed they did. air trainer huarache 94s i think. always liked; very similar to air carnivores.

not really weird per se but margiela's come out with a meh GAT hi top, as has nonnative 
margiela 
maisonmarg_hightoppaint_blackg_01_1024x1

nonnative
NN-F2405_WHITE_large.jpg
can see some folks here definitely digging them. nonnative ones also come in navy, grey, and a sort of wheat color.

also orphic x john lawrence sullivan 
tumblr_mrs5x0GsqG1qa47z6o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mrs5x0GsqG1qa47z6o3_1280.jpg
don't really feel any of the colors (three pairs)

Edited by gndmshtlrd

^finally someone else who posted tallacs! i'm waiting for the ideal moment to kawp a pair. customs will murder me regardless of what i do/where i get them from so proxying probably better than ebay.

someone selling these a half size too small. would actually be tempted to jump on but he's asking for about 50% more than is reasonable
tumblr_mrsbv77Ydv1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

^saw those x_x meh. bball high vintage still best iteration imo.
img_0506.jpg
dem whites so nice but cannot justify 

so who wants a cordura pump fury? dunno what the point is but they're okay. maybe cut off weirdly placed cordura tag. 
reebok-2013-fall-winter-cordura-pack-1.j
also really glad to see this is back (and monotone for once)
reebok-2013-fall-winter-cordura-pack-3.j

rbk_cordura_130822-r1.jpg

still prefer this as it's more akin to an acg vibe.
OXT-Pump-Mid-5-570x320.jpg

also acg trainerendor 
nike-acg-trainerendor-low.jpg
there is mid top version but not as good and some fukboi somewhere called them an "acg roshe" so i am not amused

^somehow i don't like the mid as much. hardware additions up top feel more like an attempt to make it feel more off-road/hiker-y than it looks. other angles/closer photos would help but we'll have to wait x_x 

these would be so-so in a subdued colornike-air-shark-trainer-02-570x394.jpg

also some fila stuff. branding holds weird el cheapo connotation but it was apparently luxury sportswear territory back in the day
1_663.jpg
44.jpg

Edited by gndmshtlrd