let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^i forget what those are called at the moment. look like the newer air max variations, though. the OGs had a beefier, harder-edged sole from what i recall. just very strong ACG design language. cool cool.

been heavy on wallabee profiles as of late but haven't quite wanted straight up crepe sole clarks; here's some sneaker type hybrids:

old school visvim polke
123699901_783904e70f.jpg
visvim-polke___________.jpeg

later on was the very similar nike macropus
NikeMacro1.jpg
5fa584355c7c31e6dcde616fadffa2dbec75308d

and i've probably posted the kzk bracken before (i should have a pair coming in next month)
adidas-originals-kazuki-fw2010-footwear-

^ looks interesting but I'm always skeptical of buying shoes from smaller manufacturers. Shades of alien stompers make it kinda appealing, but it's try hard RO colorway makes it difficult for me to stay hard.

In other news, I'm surprised this hasn't made it onto here yet. Barkley x Bernhard x Qasa x Prime Knit–there's so much going on with it.

y-3-2016-spring-summer-footwear-collecti

Rick didn't invent the black upper, white outsole. Is it really fair to award that just because he's made some waves?

To say that he "made some waves" wouldn't be fair. Du pretty much dug the ditch and paved the road for that whole world to commercially exist and even that to some length is still understating it.

I'm not taking a piss, it's with very particular context and use do I award that. I know spread buttcheeks when I see it.

045938ee254a469f6ea4bc5bd2c2641c.jpg

Edited by WillKhitie

To say that he "made some waves" wouldn't be fair. Du pretty much dug the ditch and paved the road for that whole world to commercially exist and even that to some length is still understating it.

I'm not taking a piss, it's with very particular context and use do I award that. I know spread buttcheeks when I see it.

045938ee254a469f6ea4bc5bd2c2641c.jpg

You're not wrong but the colorway has a lengthy reach.

Blacked out ones are cool, would wear

600$ is absolutely ridiculous though, any decent cobbler could put on a crepe sole like that on some normal stans for like 100$

Speaking of, are there any sneakers with serious commandos sole? Feel like it could look cool and be a decent winter option with the right sneaker but maybe I'm completely wrong

Edited by kindofyoung

creative recreation x vibram

really hard to reconcile all the club douche/basic bro images CR conjures in my mind (it's who bought them most locally, probably carries over elsewhere..?) but they're alright; esp. first pair with heavy acg vibes >_>

Dun forget how Creative Rec and that other brand (Clae..?) mostly felt like walking with wood planks strung on your feet.