let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

what the F guys I thought we hated Valentino but I guess it's okay if it's a member with 4000 posts (sarcasm implied)

Edited by Cyan + Pain

what the F guys I thought we hated Valentino but I guess it's okay if it's a member with 4000 posts (sarcasm implied)

"we" meaning who (3 people?)?  i've never made any such comment.  the ones you've posted 1 page ago had actually already been posted a while back anyway

Edited by SSchadenfreude

"we" meaning who (3 people?)?  i've never made any such comment.  the ones you've posted 1 page back had actually been posted a while back by myself.  

Oh sorry I was directing that towards everyone (3 people). I posted a Valentino trainer (which I didn't even really like) then some guy with duck avatar posted something witty saying they were gay and for Chinese people, Which is kinda offensive but whatever I don't want to start a pointless argument over the internet.

Edited by Cyan + Pain

i don't hate valentino actually.

i was never particularly fond of the vintage-type runner with the stud heel stabilizer BUT it definitely qualifies as something that belongs in this thread, just as most of the other posted output does.

that aside *i* had only seen them on chinese douche in school as i said before

and more recently on (go figure) an extremely wealthy gay businessman (banker i think? his partner works manages hermes' local merchandising or smth i can't remember). 

with that in light there has to be a distinction between hating something and simply remarking on what you know its context to be. willkhitie (duck avatar) and myself said what we knew the trainers as but never actually said we hated them. there is a big difference, yknow. 

+ again they do objectively fit the bill to go into this thread imo. so yeah! i've +repped some shit in here that i would never wear or even really "like" but it's all about qualifying as "weird" so to speak

regards

i don't hate valentino actually.

i was never particularly fond of the vintage-type runner with the stud heel stabilizer BUT it definitely qualifies as something that belongs in this thread, just as most of the other posted output does.

that aside *i* had only seen them on chinese douche in school as i said before

and more recently on (go figure) an extremely wealthy gay businessman (banker i think? his partner works manages hermes' local merchandising or smth i can't remember). 

with that in light there has to be a distinction between hating something and simply remarking on what you know its context to be. willkhitie (duck avatar) and myself said what we knew the trainers as but never actually said we hated them. there is a big difference, yknow. 

+ again they do objectively fit the bill to go into this thread imo. so yeah! i've +repped some shit in here that i would never wear or even really "like" but it's all about qualifying as "weird" so to speak

regards

*HHAHAAHAH*  80969186_tumblr_m3d7e6uTrE1qbjz3p_answer I see what you did there, No but in all seriousness I understand what you're saying.

Edited by Cyan + Pain

I still fucking hate Valentino trainers. Hate them like I hate somebody cashing in with left over pyramid studs from 2008.

Other than them just spinelessly getting in late like Lanvin, the creepy gay fashion dude association doesn't help them for me at all. Creepy old industry guys from Manila, rapey-looking Chinese buyers in Paris. 

Regardless of where I go, it feels like the same click of people are attracted to these, and it just adds a gross facet to something I already ideologically hate.

^ pretty sure those were posted before. Anyway, rick x adidas high tops/moon boot things. Heck most of SS15 would probably qualify here.

Have you seen the rest of the line-up/is it up anywhere online? Heard so many retailers going balls deep on the spring blades. I still have no clue what in the world they're seeing.

EDIT: Well, now that we're here anyways.

adidas-rick-owens-spring-blade-boot-01-5

adidas-rick-owens-spring-blade-boot-02-5

0722-rickowens-adidas-02.jpg

And something to coincide with the Superstar push this year...

0722-rickowens-adidas-03.jpg

???

Edited by WillKhitie