let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

Here's some pics of a pair of AF1's in brought down from my loft a while ago.

They were a gift from a rather kind & generous gent who designed them for Nike some folk might know, he signed the box too.

It all came about through a rather interesting conversation we had regarding a certain Philly gang reference made by a Schoolly-D and tagged in a photo posted some time ago on Flickr.

I have never worn them and couldn't bring myself to part with them given how I came by them.

Thanks Mr M, I am humbled.

14128579476_1bc30a7e8f_o.jpgA Gift from Mr M by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

[/url]A Gift rom Mr M by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

14148919332_6cb6eeeb5f_o.jpg[14171824373_e13fa6235f_o.jpgA Gift from Mr M by TEKsevenZERO, on Flickr

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

got them in Wednesday, v pleasant surprise. they were even laced like on the runway  B)

apologies for potato quality pics

rokWgpDl.jpg

FPovpZil.jpg

jghKRy7l.jpg

LqmSVf1l.jpg

obligatory sneaker posing shot

bfUo0Xhl.jpg

couldn't get any decent on foot pictures but they're super comfy and fit perfectly. sry guys im keeping them forever. never owned Aldo shoes before but these are probably on par with their usual stuff. not amazing quality but I'm not gonna be rock climbing in these so w/e

Skate shoe designers are starting to reference early 2000's designs, which makes sense, since the history of skate shoe design is so short, and Vans and "oldschool" designs in general have been beaten to death. You can also see the influence of modern running/tech shoes.

N3hESuc.jpg

Emerica Westgate G6

qhZcdKS.jpg

Lets take some time to reflect upon the cup sole, tongue pocket, complex upper panels, lace protectors, oliie pads, and the bulkiness that was 2000's skate shoe design.

image.jpg

es-shoes-k3-grey-white.jpg

osiris-shoes-d3-ntx-2003.jpg

Slim Version of the D3 - D3NTX

u5Gwgo7.jpg

jCQ3D9x.jpg

96qi0z8.jpg

wpO7CXQ.jpg

NfjWHj0.jpg

Edited by wjtjr

Remember saving for around 9 months to buy Etnies Trauma 2's.  Got injured for the same amount of time, and that was apparently enough non-use for the rubber to start disintegrating.

trauma-2.jpg

My bread and butter though prior to that were Vans Hokums. Must've chewed through three pairs of these. BMX pedals were a bitch.

FCB0_11686_0027759A.JPG

also has someone already posted these mita pump furys????

1-ReebokxMITApumpfury.jpg

Tried them on yesterday, sadly they look much better in that picture than they do on my feet; decided to pass.

Celine "AF1's" look really nice. Probably because i'm a sucker to high quality materials being used on classic high top silhouettes.

Imma kop. These coulda been the supreme down low "mids" obv not 2 b confused with the mid towns ( which IMO resembled dunks).

Nike af1 mid good and all but just 2 plebeian. Hs good, but take 2 long 2 break in, plus jp sizin not concise enuff.

I'm assumin that Celine's will feel just as good as they look based on their other shoes and leather goods

HS mip-01s do have a few more problems other than the off sizing and slow aging. I know they're trying to go for an "non synethetic" approach when it comes to the materials used but the soles are absolute trash, they have no traction and little pebbles and dirt get stuck and make an unpleasant gritty sound when you walk. Also the straps don't stay fastened and come apart when walking because there's no velcro. Might modify mine by adding new soles + velcro or just end up copping a pair of the Celines instead.  

Vibram sole replacement sizing is weird, they only carry sz 8 and 10. My HS are sz 4 which is around US 8.5-9, didn't know if I should sz up or down.

A cobbler I used just cut out thin vibram from a sheet. It wasn't to replace tho. It was the reddish one. Not visible while wearing.

my pal actually added hardware to the straps. Snap buttons.