let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

popped up to London today, and had a look in the Y-3 shops on Conduit & Floral street, was on the fence with the Qasa Racer & B-Ball High, so glad I went and saw them as I can now extinguish them from list of desirables, didn't like them at all the leather was less than desirable on both shoes, better on the low however but in no way worth my hard earned, maybe at a 1/3 of the price, but that's taste for you isn't it ?

Roll on Autumn when I can have a crack at the all black Qasa, at least I know I really like that !!

^i did, yes. growing on me and could imagine ordering either but i worry they'll be a far cry from what i'm actually imagining them to be. has anyone else ordered from reebok id whatnot b4? haha

EDIT 

some opinions valued on footwear i might cop for trail/hike use (not exclusively) as i can't seem to find tallacs in my size anymore ;_; 

these are p cool but remind me of my powerlines somehow. think it's the sole shape and pulls + nylon bits. also speckles and rubberized toe

tumblr_n1tieiGbQh1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

i do however know for a fact i've always had a soft spot for these as well

but the d-rings have always felt slightly contrived x_x

I found like 4 pairs of these in a fucking Bealls outlet one time for like $20 each

pump furys are obviously going to be the 'hype' sneaker of 2014 (in the west, i know they have been popular in jp for longer) with everyone remotely into 'fashion' owning a pair just like flyknits were the heat last year and nb's were the year before. they look cool but i am expecting a flood of awful, awful fits with them.

As cool as Pump Fury is, and despite all the Reebok collaborations for the 20th anniversary, I do doubt that Pump Furys will be the hype sneaker for this year. They're simply too weird. I mean, the New Balance trend coming back was somewhat out of left field as well, but I really don't think Furies have the mass appeal and they hype behind them in the same way the Flyknits did.

As cool as Pump Fury is, and despite all the Reebok collaborations for the 20th anniversary, I do doubt that Pump Furys will be the hype sneaker for this year. They're simply too weird. I mean, the New Balance trend coming back was somewhat out of left field as well, but I really don't think Furies have the mass appeal and they hype behind them in the same way the Flyknits did.

I agree with dis, a sneaker boutique in my city had a few pairs and they basically stopped stocking them because no one liked them except me and one other customer 

^agree. it'll definitely have more folks gunning for it than it used to, at least. i've already seen it on various places online--they've gone from polarizing and hated to suddenly having some really annoying types wanting them. 

that aside, WillKhitie and i were talking about trying to make skull squadron colorway pump fury(for reference):
vf-1s-battroid.jpg

and here's what i ended up with
tumblr_n1so22FcCY1qa47z6o3_r1_500.png
although i've realized a little more gray might have been good for it

I will put a wager down that pump fury WILL be the hype sneaker of 2014. It won't trickle down to complete saturation like the flyknit for obvious reasons but it will hit it's peak this year no doubt.

^ just from the sheer amount of marketing alone. Let's hope the majority just buy more Huaraches.

In other news...

vf-1s-fighter.jpg

13144457655_bc72dc7216_o.png

Edited by WillKhitie