let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

still quite like the grey and pink pair NeonDreams posted. dunno how to feel about the ones with zippers.

but let's not forget these--i think these are v important: 
raf-simons-adidas-spring-summer-2014-12-
adidas-raf-ss14-4.jpg

and some stuff sitting more in "old"

puma-sky-jam-jr-339460-06-image-1.jpg
puma-sky-jam-jr-nubuc-339571-image-1.jpg
puma-agile-339060-05-image-1.jpg

also these are supposed to come out soon
(meh)
reebok-sir-jam-mid-og-blk-wht.jpg
wonder if this'll be a hype thing tho, OG status
reebok-ipump-fury-og-blk-hgrn.jpg

Edited by PRICK DOM

Talking about 5's I kinda want a pair of grapes. Not sure if I can embrace my inner hypebeast and purchase a pair, feels kinda wrong.  :wacko:

Absolutely love the silhouette of the shoe though, just don't like the fact I see every other person on the street wearing them.

air-jordan-5-grapes-comparison-4-620x385

8Yhjcbt.jpg

Why do Nike's design risks always seem to end up being hideously interesting?

... the model i posted is my fav but i am definitely hoping to see more colourways if there are any

those are dope on the runway. the chunkiness/shape of them is really cool. i dont think they would work for me, but theyll look cool on some people for sure. Hopefully the continue on with them in fall

pretty sure Im going to buy a pair of one of the ones neondreams posted. Those ones or these (from a couple pages back are my favourite from SS14

raf-simons-for-adidas-2014-spring-summer

I like the look of the shoe but chances are the quality is probably terrible. I don't know why designers collab with lower end companies (Brand exposure? Even cheaper manufacturing costs?).

yeah, it's pretty clear that aldo focuses on polishing the appearance because these collaborations are usually shown alongside the designers' mainlines (their collaborations with preen and J.W. anderson looked good enough on the runway), but i can't imagine they hold up well

Saw this in Jan issue of Huge on the street. Not great, but not horrible considering it's from Onitsuka Tiger.... Onitsuka x Andrea Pompilio (whoever the fuck that is)

they initially appealed to me mostly because i like sneakers with fur, fleece, or hair, but that set obscures some important and rather unsightly details such as the broguing which i didn't notice until i saw them for sale

also, the fleece doesn't look as wonderfully fluffy as it seemed to be, and the laces are weak

EoAiRhY.png

rDDd0IG.png

http://sneakerreport.com/news/hit-top-speed-adidas-porsche-design-bounce/

Margiela did all gum GATs for AW12. Looked cool but uncomfortable as hell...

Yeah, I tried them on as well out of curiosity. I can only imagine how much more uncomfortable high top AF1s would be.

$T2eC16NHJH!FFmYw6pP0BRliz)mo6w~~60_12.J

Would wear these if I were a twink.

Edited by TRICK DOM