let's talk about old/weird(?) sneakers

Yup, they turn into those Nike Frees. They also have New Era Transformers to complete the hypebeast uniform.

Takara-Tomy-New-Era-Transformers-Caps-Op

Takara-Tomy-New-Era-Transformers-Caps.jp

exactly what i was talking about. want dat captimus prime one. too bad none of them wearable, lol

(will cop when i can throw money at a tiny desk toy)

2 bad the upper panel is patent tho.

yuh. black ones all suede, tho. i thought you might like them, somehow >_>

love this thread. Not sure if any of these have been posted yet but time 4 sum ACG luv

Nike Okwahn

nike_okwahnII_vegasgoldanthrac_05.jpeg

Nike Okwahn Wool Pack (own a pair of these, comfy af)

Nike-ACG-Okwahn-2-NRG-Wool-%E2%80%93-Bla

Nike ACG Talaria boot

nike-talaria-boot-0.jpg

Nike Terra Abandon

$T2eC16F,!zoE9s5nc3VqBSDmKFGJVw~~60_35.J

Nike Mowabb

Nike-Acg---Mowabb-3.jpg

Re-release

air-huarache-mowabb.jpg

Nike Son of Lava Dome

sized.jpg

Nike ACG Lava Dome CI

nike-acg-lava-dome-ci-men-brown-beige-wh

Maskull Lasserre Outliers Moose

bc13e2e073ebd197a80d1ffe193474e1.jpg

Edited by Trasparenti

^+rep for all the acg. don't think i've ever seen the terra abandon before; looks good.

would love a pair of thesetumblr_mwmcrqzOHA1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

Yo kuya, I was more active in the gen pop sneaker game when gravis was boomin 4 the jap market. Have u handled gravis irl? This is gravis jawns, no? HF totally endorsed/promoted (that's his livelihood) the fuck outta them to the point of no return. If gravis had just controlled their numbers and had a tighter distro maybe the market wouldn't have over saturated. But it was a young age. You'll notice hyped shit is obviously much more limited in terms of unit numbers and sales door. Anyway gravis were a part of footwear history as far as the jap market and the re sell game goes. We can learn/ surmise alot from the gravis era. Edited by SSchadenfreude

i remember trying a pair of gravis' on as a teenager in a skate store, i think i ended up buying globe's instead - would have been around 1999. ironically in australia at the time they were always seen as a sort of lower tier brand in comparison to globe, vans, dc etc.

Edited by conqueror

Yo kuya, I was more active in the gen pop sneaker game when gravis was boomin 4 the jap market. Have u handled gravis irl? This is gravis jawns, no? HF totally endorsed/promoted (that's his livelihood) the fuck outta them to the point of no return. If gravis had just controlled their numbers and had a tighter distro maybe the market wouldn't have over saturated. But it was a young age. You'll notice hyped shit is obviously much more limited in terms of unit numbers and sales door. Anyway gravis were a part of footwear history as far as the jap market and the re sell game goes. We can learn/ surmise alot from the gravis era.

i've been finding some info out about the gravis and their strength in the jap market. have seen photo of HF in them as well (think posted on p 26?) and i think it's really interesting. stuff from an age when I didn't care about clothes or what but i kind of wish i did. really like the design that went into a lot of the jawnz, feels like progenitor dna for a lot of the ugly sneaker perpetuation nowadays, somehow. 

i used to think gravis was just another skate brand or what but i saw a photo of a guy in a pair of rivals (these same ones i think) + lots of UC and i got really curious; thought it looked great. i actually have a pair of factors (essentially low top version of these + diff sole). found in okay condition at thrift shop (lol) and have since been using. built like comfy tanks but the glue/sole separation is a problem, just reglued all pinoy style. but really good stuff. kind of wish they could have kept on developing but their presence seems to be quiet or gone altogether. not sure. >_> 

on flipside i think these are cool 

tumblr_mwgsovmaGe1qa47z6o1_500.jpg

even gaudy colors are cool

IMG_9366r-1400x1400.jpg

4117106486_6da0cee395_o.jpg

cross posting this i think.  still sorta wanna kop, but the brand sucks, and i don't know if the sole would look alright if i removed the label on the heel.  shit these still come out in this, black and grey.

like them less from this angle (something about the nose)

but still cool though, one of the more interesting results to come out of an adidas collab

yeah remove that small arch near the toe and i'd like em more. look like monkey boots.

one of the few to be feelin the 95 z's..

IMG_1797_zpsa6bc1134.jpg

they feel good tho!

like them less from this angle (something about the nose)

0000010848739_img_2071.jpg

but still cool though, one of the more interesting results to come out of an adidas collab

i still like from that angle, actually. somewhat tempted to go and purchase.

adidas-slvr-white-adidas-slvr-high-top-s

i bought these a little while back.  i loved them, but they just didn't work for me.

btw is slvr now defunct or something? i think i heard or read that it's over.

i remember these! used to want a pair but when i was living in thailand the adidas slvr store never got em. just the weird lace up things from the same season with the winged collar:

adidas-high-top-lace-1-600x399.jpg

and in the least appealing color of the three, no less

e5fe0__adidas-high-top-lace-denim-1-1.jp

4117106486_6da0cee395_o.jpg

cross posting this i think.  still sorta wanna kop, but the brand sucks, and i don't know if the sole would look alright if i removed the label on the heel.  shit these still come out in this, black and grey.

kooky. can't ever imagine wearing. >_> who makes em?

yeah remove that small arch near the toe and i'd like em more. look like monkey boots.

one of the few to be feelin the 95 z's..

IMG_1797_zpsa6bc1134.jpg

they feel good tho!

^i reiterate; i like the monkey boot look. outdoor referential very appealing to me; ACG derivative.

i don't think i've ever seen zip front 95s before. look really good. how many years on those now?

Sorta like Maison Martin Margiela 2014 Pre-Spring/Summer San Crispino Running Sneakers...but fuck mmm already

http://www.oki-ni.com/footwear/maison-martin-margiela-22-men-s-white-san-crispino-running-sneakers-mmm1945wht.html

Edited by SSchadenfreude

slvr-black-black-leather-paneled-calf_hi

kinda like these, though I can't seem to find any pictures of them from an angle

^don't do it imho the mid-height iteration far better 

adidas-slvr-syin-1.jpg

Sorta like Maison Martin Margiela 2014 Pre-Spring/Summer San Crispino Running Sneakers...but fuck mmm already

http://www.oki-ni.com/footwear/maison-martin-margiela-22-men-s-white-san-crispino-running-sneakers-mmm1945wht.html

agree, like those too. weirdly enough i saw them and thought they'd belong in this thread + you'd probably dig em. x_x

this will either be good for gothninj or v bad because pyrex fuccbois gonna kop. no clue

adidas-Mutombo-Black.jpg

debating between the oc adidases or these 
IMG_0042_1024x1024.jpg?v=1381234401
one of chief concerns is the longevity of the sole unit on these + i take a lot of shitty public transport in manila at horrible times; feel like i'll look moneyed and mug-worthy in bw campers
or maybe just overjustifying that i feel like i don't deserve a pair yet (wardrobe also taken into consideration)
i hate deadlocks, lol 

that aside these are p cool imho 
Christopher-Shannon_Kickers_ss14_02.jpg
Christopher-Shannon_Kickers_ss14_01.jpg