misanthropod

The ACRONYM Community Sales Thread

Also want to comment on recent transaction :

Bought acronym prestos and ss-j16 from XuJianfeng  --  nice guy, good communication, quick tracking.  :) 

Lots of trust to Xu

Thanks man!

FS:

• J57TS-SS size S new, $1200 paypal'd and shipped conus
  • MZ3 SVR new, IC (prefer to trade for other 3A modulars, e.g. MP2TS, MP1, WK2)
  • J41-GT size S 8/10, trade only for WTB items in my signature

WTB:

Willing to pay $1800 for J47A size S in new condition!

WTS/WTT: SS-P8TS Black/Medium (like New) sold

Edited by SuE

WTB:

J1A-GT [ sz: Small ]

(new / very good condition preferred)

Edited by Enaml

IMG_6028.jpg

Okay, as you can see on the picture; full package with spec sheet, carabiner etc. Great condition, only slight overall fading due to cleaning, but that's it.

Give me an offer I can't refuse. Ships from Europe.

Edited by udbrud

tumblr_oh3svh3sKF1urg9h5o3_1280.jpg

WTS GT-J28 medium

no lowball please.

Condition?

Pictures of actual item?

Edited by TresUnCool

Condition?

Pictures of actual item?

also if you are gonna call people offering original retail 'lowballers' you might want to name a price you are looking for

^ Its the same idiot that listed it for 2.5k on Grailed.

Edited by Mixture

you guys need to stop taking it personally. grailed is the worst place to list and solicit offers.

^ Its the same idiot that listed it for 2.5k on Grailed.

you guys need to stop taking it personally. grailed is the worst place to list and solicit offers.

Seems like both parties have good points.

--Grailed fuckin' sucks to list on, because 99.9 % of offers are lowballs.  So therefore everyone jacks up the initial price.

-- Also pretty surprised to see yall shitting on this dude, when others in your circle like ACRHive has had some ruthless prices. 

$6.5 K for the J45M-BW on grailed?   LOL or do you not recall those pedo-rape prices...

Seems like both parties have good points.

--Grailed fuckin' sucks to list on, because 99.9 % of offers are lowballs.  So therefore everyone jacks up the initial price.

-- Also pretty surprised to see yall shitting on this dude, when others in your circle like ACRHive has had some ruthless prices. 

$6.5 K for the J45M-BW on grailed?   LOL or do you not recall those pedo-rape prices...

Dude gets "shit" on all the time. 

alot of you newjacks are gettin' lippy. 

True-- I should have been more diplomatic

A more poignant, concise explanation

Seems that the increase in Acronym resale prices (and the prevalence of extremely overpriced ACR used goods) 

are perpetuated by respected individuals in the Acronym community.  You would think that the enthusiasts

who are in the community would want to keep Acronym prices plateau'd  -- especially in the scenario we are in now, 

in which ACR is raising prices by significant margins per year, to the point that large % of original enthusiasts and fanbase 

are gone or simply cannot afford these garments any longer.  Many whom I've purchased from in this thread (enthusiasts for 5-15 years)  have brought these concerns 

to light in conversation as well.

So essentially, the notion that the primary poster of ACR gear on instagram/other social media platforms has exorbitant prices,

it sets the precedent for people selling used Acronym.  And as Errolson sees that the resale value for his old items 

are going up at seemingly exponential levels, his own retail pricing margins are effected.

I understand people are trying to maximize profits -- so more power to them I guess..

Edit : HAPPY THANKSGIVING, YALL  :)  :)

Edited by solo1

Sometimes you have no choice but to judge a book by its cover. Go back through the post history here and you'll be able to figure out who will make for pleasant dealings and who won't. 

Just because things are listed for these "high" prices doesn't mean that's the price that any of them are being actually sold at... grailed sucks to sell at and the high prices bring interested parties into a conversation, it's not an auction. There are many desirable pieces that people have listed for 3x and they simply have not moved because the sellers don't understand that's how this community frequently operates. Many things are sold or traded and are never posted anywhere ;)

Just because things are listed for these "high" prices doesn't mean that's the price that any of them are being actually sold at... grailed sucks to sell at and the high prices bring interested parties into a conversation, it's not an auction. There are many desirable pieces that people have listed for 3x and they simply have not moved because the sellers don't understand that's how this community frequently operates. Many things are sold or traded and are never posted anywhere ;)

I fully understand the point your making, however it seems your supporting my view--

You say these sellers do not actually sell at these high prices, but just want to start a conversation.  If this was the case, the acronym community sales thread would be a perfect place to do it... Trusted members, people who are clearly enthusiasts,  are knowledgable of ACR gear, and references to back up their offers.   This would actually be far easier and streamlined compared to grailed, because you already know who the interested parties are, and you know they are good for the $. 

So what are the advantages of posting on grailed for sellers? It is actually a pretty decent pain in the arse to list on grailed (lowballers, 6% fee). The only single benefit is a larger audience, and possibly higher profit margins -- For those buyers who are not connected those in the ACR community, it is the only place to find grail ACR pieces, in which they will inevitable pay that tax to acquire goods they otherwise, wouldnt. 

Edited by solo1

Everybody knows grailed, Sufu is a very small obscure place that lots of people don't know or don't care to participate in.

You just restated what I've already said.

Doesnt answer the question as to why someone posting in grailed would not simultaneously post 1 picture up in the community sales thread? Takes 30 seconds.

it's pretty much the very same 30seconds that will take you PM the person and ask about off-grailed sale. I bet they will be happier and you might get the item at more sufu-fam friendly price.

it's pretty much the very same 30seconds that will take you PM the person and ask about off-grailed sale. I bet they will be happier and you might get the item at more sufu-fam friendly price.

** Beware Danii -- just a heads up that grailed moderators constantly scan buyers/sellers messages and ban heavily for any sign of off-grailed sales.

I've been off topic, my B moderators.

Cheers yall.

Edited by solo1

WTS: BNIB 3A-MZ3-BLK (PAIR)

$old

Edited by Trim

there are more factors. sufu is outdated and the sufucode makes it a place for gear nerds.

posting here with images is better from a desktop computer and there are so many ppl using just mobiles these days.

on the other hand I am quite glad that these newbies are not here.

Edited by danii

Keep me posted :) hahah

I just wanna be clear here...

That discussion started because one guy was criticized several times for posting his J28 on grailed and here, overpriced.

It sounds like after the discussion, most have agreed that listings on grailed with sky high prices are perfectly cool with yall, since its just to start a conversation to get the sale...

I've just been lurking... but

pretty confusing 180 degree turn if you ask me

Edited by miiikejohn

3K Kit-1.